The official "Takeover Completed" thread

Muff

It might be agreed today and they might be ironing out the finer details but I don't think it will be completed today.

Ellis ad Murray are meeting now and the chances are thy will be a several hour meeting. Do people really think it can be completed, all the money which needs to move around happen and it be announced to the stock exchange before the close of trade today?

I doubt it.

It might be agreed today and they might be ironing out the finer details but I don't think it will be completed today.

Ellis ad Murray are meeting now and the chances are thy will be a several hour meeting. Do people really think it can be completed, all the money which needs to move around happen and it be announced to the stock exchange before the close of trade today?

I doubt it.

No chance it will be complete today.

They may very well shake it on today/tonight over a meal and a few bottles of wine, but by the time the paperwork and funds etc transfered ... it could be weeks, maybe months? I'm no financial expert, but things don't just happen overnight.

No chance it will be complete today.

They may very well shake it on today/tonight over a meal and a few bottles of wine, but by the time the paperwork and funds etc transfered ... it could be weeks, maybe months? I'm no financial expert, but things don't just happen overnight.

Yes but the announcement has to come sometime. If a number is agreed and everyone is happy, a contract (or various contract)can be drawn up pretty quickly and the deal is done.