The official "Takeover Completed" thread

Muff

One thing I have definetely learned is that there is no way Whytes a Rangers supporter... Why the fuck is it taking this long to buy a club he supports ? If I had the money he did and I was going to buy Rangers it would be done within a few days.

Anyone that thinks otherwise is a fool.

There was no need for AJ to respond in this manner, he must have known the usual idiotic response it would have created from the media. All he had to do was laugh it off.

perhaps a ploy for deflection? letting the media cream over the fact 'we could go bust' for a few days, delects attention away from the possibly final stages of the takeover? a lot of questions have been asked of whute in the media, maybe now the board are satisfied they want to take attention off him and let this go through fairly low key on monday?

Their dugs will be heading in droves to the English border to try and get refugee status. :D :D :uk:

one wonders if the chief of strathclyde police will issue statments on the rise in domestic violence in relation to a rangers takeover and suggest future takeovers are on monday nights behind closed doors.

I'm so sick of all this shite!!

Just want it sorted out

Why is AJ even mentioning going bust anyway? He must have knew the media would be all over it.

And this Lennon fuckwit gets his ban reduced.

Fuckin hope caley thistle turn these bastards over tomorrow and we go top of the league come 5 pm

That would shut these vermin fuckers up for a while

One thing I have definetely learned is that there is no way Whytes a Rangers supporter... Why the fuck is it taking this long to buy a club he supports ? If I had the money he did and I was going to buy Rangers it would be done within a few days.

he certainly is a rangers fan.

Did AJ go on record today and say it will be clear in 48 hours?

I know we keep hearing about this "48 hours" but for once, someone at Rangers has come on record and said 48 hours. That will do for me.

48 hours it is.

Exclusive by Lindsay Herron

RANGERS chairman Alastair Johnston believes Craig Whyte's prospective takeover of the club could go through within the next 48 hours.

In an exclusive interview with RangersTV the chairman has revealed that there have been a series of meetings with the Motherwell-born highly successful businessman.

He has described these meetings as positive and constructive where the issues of Mr Whyte's funding and ability for further investment were explored and discussed.

Of course Johnston's only aim is to secure the best possible future for the club but there certainly seems to be every chance that Rangers could have a new owner imminently.

He told Blues News: "I'm not prepared to speculate over whether the deal will go through but I'm pretty sure we will know within the next couple of days whether it will happen or not.

"We had a meeting yesterday and it was positive to the extent that Craig was very engaged. We had had several smaller prior meetings. A couple of weeks ago he met with Walter Smith and Martin Bain.

"When we were in Eindhoven a couple of weeks ago Walter and Martin gave a briefing to the directors in terms of the realities of where our squad is and the amount of money that we needed and the resources that we needed to apply.

"I suggested after that this would be good presentation for Craig to hear so we arranged that and it took place.

"After that we had a meeting between his people and our financial people to go into cash flow issues for the club because if this goes through the bank won't be there and someone needs to provide the credit facilities on an on-going basis.

"It's not just all about buying players and selling players.

"We had to have a full understanding that these facilities would be available to the club to rely on for our operations.

"And then yesterday we talked a lot more strategically about a lot of issues with respect to the validity of his funding and when the funding will apply so it was a constructive meeting.

"You have to keep in mind that we as Rangers Football Club are not party to the transaction that is being contemplated - that's between the buyer and the seller - and because of Murray Group's relationship with the bank, the bank are a tag-along on that one.

"But as far as the commodity at issue, which is Rangers Football Club, we have to impose ourselves as much as we can with respect to getting assurances about getting investment and about commitment to certain things and that, for the last couple of weeks, is what we have been engaged in doing.

"As I said we have had a series of meetings and I will probably still meet Craig further - maybe later today - to have a wrap-up meeting to see where we are.

"It's all really now about the impact of this transaction on the club and as the Rangers board that's the only thing that matters."

If the Whyte takeover does not happen then Johnston revealed that Rangers do have other irons in the fire - but not another prospective buyer.

He revealed: "If it doesn't go through then we have to deal with that when that happens. In these circumstances we do have other engagement opportunities which we would have to pursue, not necessarily with a new buyer, but there are other things we are going to have to pursue.

"The timing is not right with an HMRC tribunal coming up which is somewhat imposing with respect to getting people to invest in the club, so we are going to have to address the realities of that if that is the case."

Has anyone else thought HOW THE FUCK could the deal get this close to completion if whyte thought he was going to be liable for a tax bill of 30 million bangers. There simply must be something else in the way of guarantees to get it this far.

Exactly, even if money was no object to Whyte, (which I don't believe it is) he wouldn't be in a 'successful' businessman if he agreed to pay to sort problems that others had created. There must be some kind of deal reached over the possible tax issue, or he would have walked long ago. If he was liable for the tax hit then given some of the reported figures buying the club would essentially cost him double

Also 144 guests :lol: I know a small portion of them will be bears that havent signed up but...Get a life timothty it really is pathetic (td) Oh how i pity those poor mutants brought up as fans of "Ra Sellic" that have been brought up "Ra Sellic Way" ... Deflect and Deny and care more about what The Rangers are doing rather than their own disgrace of a club :lol:

Did AJ go on record today and say it will be clear in 48 hours?

I know we keep hearing about this "48 hours" but for once, someone at Rangers has come on record and said 48 hours. That will do for me.

48 hours it is.

More or less.

one wonders if the chief of strathclyde police will issue statments on the rise in domestic violence in relation to a rangers takeover and suggest future takeovers are on monday nights behind closed doors.

Mate ours might be on a monday night behind closed doors :ph34r::lol:

Then why is he not buying us?

you cant be serious?

we've been slowly sinking for years financially, there is a lot for both parties to go through, why rush? we needed to know he was right. he needed to know exactly what he was letting himself in for.

as a rangers fan, would you hastily take on the club when it was in a bit of a mess, try fix it, but fail. Make things worse, and never be able to show your face there again?

We all know what's holding things up...

Can anyone actually blame him for seeking assurances with the Tax Liability issue however?

The way AJ talked today it certainly does seem like this is what's holding up the sale still.

There is a line that can't be crossed. Saying (or nodding) something that then forces us into making a clarifying statement to PLUS is poor corporate governance.

I agree tbh, it’s a greatly stressing situation, but i still feel CW will buy us, eventually, he’s being careful

Who said hes not <cr> You know something we dont :lol:

:lol: My dads cousins Walters pal and he told me hes no buying us mate. I meant to say whys he no bought us yet?

Stop now.

You're making a fool of yourself.

Kindly go take a good fuck to yourself :):P

you cant be serious?

we've been slowly sinking for years financially, there is a lot for both parties to go through, why rush? we needed to know he was right. he needed to know exactly what he was letting himself in for.

as a rangers fan, would you hastily take on the club when it was in a bit of a mess, try fix it, but fail. Make things worse, and never be able to show your face there again?

I agree with the last part but this isn't just a few weeks we are talking here... It has been months I could have bought a fuckin country faster than this if I had the money :lol: