The official "Takeover Completed" thread

Muff

Im going to be lynched here prob but .... How many people do you think would come out the woodwork if we were to lose the tax case and go into Admin ? Perhaps quite a few are waiting to see the end result of the case. If this takeover doesnt go through ovcourse.

Thinking about buyin Japan mate :sherlock:

You gonni fix it up and sell it on for a profit ? B&Q are doing some great deals on hardwood flooring (tu)

Im going to be lynched here prob but .... How many people do you think would come out the woodwork if we were to lose the tax case and go into Admin ? Perhaps quite a few are waiting to see the end result of the case. If this takeover doesnt go through ovcourse.

thousands of people? i have a grand i would pump in if there was an emergency fan ownership scheme put in motion to save matters. would never get that far tho.

I think this tax thing must be the issue.

You can't buy a business for 30 million then possibly having to fork out the same amount you've just payed for it a few months down the line.

He is wanting it in writing that Murray or MIH will pay any tax bill.

That is my guess, but I don't know much about the ins and outs of tax liablity so I could be way off.

But I really don't see any other issue that could hold it up this long.

And the fact the tax case has been mentioned today makes me fear the worst.

If this take over doesn't go ahead then it will rangers U21s team that we will be seeing every week.

I don't however think we will ever go bust

thousands of people? i have a grand i would pump in if there was an emergency fan ownership scheme put in motion to save matters. would never get that far tho.

I know what you mean mate but i meant people with real money...10s even hundreds of millions lol

yeah thats why i said itd never get to that stage, just couldnt list a rake of rich bears to match!

Im sure we could rustle up 10 millionaire rangers fans :sherlock:

You can't buy a business for 30 million then possibly having to fork out the same amount you've just payed for it a few months down the line.

That is my guess, but I don't know much about the ins and outs of tax liablity so I could be way off.

If this take over doesn't go ahead then it will rangers U21s team that we will be seeing every week.

(tu)

Been saying this myself mate.

Was alluded to as being a massive issue by AJ today for any prespective buyer and of course it would be.

If someone gets Murray...MIH to put it in writing they will cover this issue then we are absolute steal at the price.

mummy?

I’m all over the place with this man. I am sitting waiting on word on a job that is a massive change in career, a big move for the family to live in Kuwait full time. Yet i’m more worried about this take over!!!!!!!

(tu)

Been saying this myself mate.

Was alluded to as being a massive issue by AJ today for any prespective buyer and of course it would be.

If someone gets Murray...MIH to put it in writing they will cover this issue then we are absolute steal at the price.

Given that Murray is, if you believe the reports, getting £6mill for his shares, why would he be welling to sell his share in a profit making company whilst retaining liability for potentially 10's of £millions?

It'd be a stunningly stupid decision for anyone to make surely? Unless he feels like he owes us... I doubt it though.

I'm as desperate as anyone else to hear a final announcement, but I don't think they were spending a whole lot of time at their recent meetings saying, we better forget the finer details the noo, the guys on RM's arses are making buttons.

Sticking my neck out and saying it's cross the Ts and dot the Is time.

Even if it's no, then I still say gonny go belly up my arse. (tu)

Given that Murray is, if you believe the reports, getting £6mill for his shares, why would he be welling to sell his share in a profit making company whilst retaining liability for potentially 10's of £millions?

It'd be a stunningly stupid decision for anyone to make surely? Unless he feels like he owes us... I doubt it though.

sorry for off topic...

my family are from peterhead! auntys shop in the town is ACE computing!