The official "Takeover Completed" thread

Muff

Yes but the announcement has to come sometime. If a number is agreed and everyone is happy, a contract (or various contract)can be drawn up pretty quickly and the deal is done.

Aye, that's what I'm saying. They can announce that they have agreed and shook on a deal, but by the time it's actually finalised, it could be weeks or maybe even months?

What happened the first time?

He reported the story on here about 9/10pm, and got absolutely turned over for it.

When the early editions of the papers came out around midnight, they were full of the story.

Cue people repenting and taking back all that they said about the poor guy.

He reported the story on here about 9/10pm, and got absolutely turned over for it.

When the early editions of the papers came out around midnight, they were full of the story.

So he is pals with a Journo?

Lets hope he is right as we have been here before.

Hierachy at Rangers were saying it was done last time and we know what happened.

To be fair the lad said the take over is complete and we have a new owner, which we still don't (as of yet)

But I'm grateful for his info. I love having something to think about, even other rumours with no real source.

So he is pals with a Journo?

Lets hope he is right as we have been here before.

Hierachy at Rangers were saying it was done last time and we know what happened.

I don't know who his source is, admin do however.

I don't remember anyone at Rangers saying the Ellis deal was done and dusted last time though.

Aye, that's what I'm saying. They can announce that they have agreed and shook on a deal, but by the time it's actually finalised, it could be weeks or maybe even months?

aye spot on. all i mean is things like the money transfer are obviously written into the contracts ie transfer of 32million must be completed by such and such a date or agreements void, to put it in very basic terms. Doesnt really matter. The crucial point is when the signatures go on the paper, which can happen any time.

aye spot on. all i mean is things like the money transfer are obviously written into the contracts ie transfer of 32million must be completed by such and such a date or agreements void, to put it in very basic terms. Doesnt really matter. The crucial point is when the signatures go on the paper, which can happen any time.

Yeah, I agree. Exciting times.

Rangers chairman Alastair Johnston has met Scottish businessman Craig Whyte, the prospective buyer of the Scottish Premier League champions.

The meeting took place on Friday morning in Glasgow.

The 39-year-old's lawyers are still involved in due diligence as he attempts to complete a £33m takeover.

Whyte, bidding for control of the club in conjunction with property developer Andrew Ellis, has promised to provide transfer funds of £25m over five years.

London-based Whyte is a 39-year-old millionaire who was raised in Motherwell and is a lifelong Rangers fan.

News of talks between Rangers owner Sir David Murray and Whyte and Ellis first surfaced last month.

If the proposed deal goes ahead there would be a payment made to Lloyds Bank of about £27m to clear the club's debt.

On top of that, £5.5m would be offered to shareholders, of whom Murray is the principal figure. The Rangers owner paid £6m for his controlling interest in Rangers in 1988.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/r/rangers/9255368.stm

Clearing the debt is massive news, fantastic even, but £25M transfer budget doesnt feel like enough, we should be allowed to spend money we need to spend, not have a very small set budget each year, unless of course we plan to sell a player ecah year and that money is given to the manager

Clearing the debt is massive news, fantastic even, but £25M transfer budget doesnt feel like enough, we should be allowed to spend money we need to spend, not have a very small set budget each year, unless of course we plan to sell a player ecah year and that money is given to the manager

25 mill not enough, for what, i would rather the next owner was a tad more astute with the cash and to expect a splash of cash or more is just mad