The official "Takeover Completed" thread

Muff

If spent wisely, 25 million every 5 years is more than enough.

The player's we've bought that's had the biggest impact have been 2-3 million players - Cuellar, Bougherra, Davis, Miller etc.

Defo need to tie a few down on new deals, though.

25 mill not enough, for what, i would rather the next owner was a tad more astute with the cash and to expect a splash of cash or more is just mad

Im not asking him to come in, be daft and spend £10's of millions. If we go out and buy another Jelavic or even Kyle Lafferty, thats nearly all of the seasons "budget" gone, we need to start adding quality players each year. Yes there are bargains out there but we never seem to find them, we go for over priced SPL players (£2M usually the going rate) or players like Steven Davis who still cost a fair bit

Clearing the debt is massive news, fantastic even, but £25M transfer budget doesnt feel like enough, we should be allowed to spend money we need to spend, not have a very small set budget each year, unless of course we plan to sell a player ecah year and that money is given to the manager

I might be wrong, but I'd imagine Champions League money, transfer fees from selling players, and other sources of income, would be added onto this £25m that's getting talked about. This will just be a minimum.

Im not asking him to come in, be daft and spend £10's of millions. If we go out and buy another Jelavic or even Kyle Lafferty, thats nearly all of the seasons "budget" gone, we need to start adding quality players each year. Yes there are bargains out there but we never seem to find them, we go for over priced SPL players (£2M usually the going rate) or players like Steven Davis who still cost a fair bit

Cuellar, Bougherra, Davis, Boyd, Miller, Papac and Weir were all bargains imo considering what they've brought to the club.

Rangers takeover: Whyte agrees deal 'in principle'

STV understands Craig Whyte and Sir David Murray have reached an agreement in principle for the potential takeover of Rangers Football Club. It is also understood Whyte will fully fund the £33 million takeover but Andrew Ellis will still be part of the deal, with a 25 per cent stake eventually being paid back to Whyte.

Whyte held a "positive" introductory meeting with Alastair Johnston on Friday. But it is understood this meeting was not to discuss the details of the purchase but instead was an opportunity for the businessman to meet the Rangers chairman for the first time for informal talks.

News of the duo's bid first broke on November 18, with Whyte and Rangers both putting out statements to the Stock Exchange confirming a possible offer. Since then, the process has gathered pace and Whyte appears to be in pole position to conclude the deal within the coming weeks.

The proposed offer will wipe out the club's £27.5 million debt to Lloyds TSB and also pay shareholders, including Sir David Murray, £5.5 million. Whyte and Ellis are bidding for Murray's 92 per cent shareholding.

It is also understood £25 million will be invested in Rangers' first team squad over a period of five years, with transfer funds being made available to Walter Smith in the January transfer window if the takeover is concluded in time.

More to follow...

Taken from STV site

To say its a done deal is just speculation. No-one has a clue as yet.

The fact he is meeting AJ means that eitha Murray has agreed a deal in principal, or both Murray and Whyte are happy with the figures discussed.

AJ only gets involved when need be in this

they know what we do really, they have met, all the monies there must be hearsay as how can they know, all in all im pleased but i aint as excited as i had in the past, i dont wanna get ahead of myself here

Dont get me wrong guys, I ll be glad we will be getting money to spend, but what if we signed a cuellar or bougherra type player (value wise) and then the opportunity arose for us to sign a top quality player but it tooks us £2M or £3M over this budget?

I would be thinking it would be more 25 million over the course of 5 years. You can use that 5 million a year, or you can blow it all.

And then with selling players on you would get to spend that too.

Just IMO of course

Dont get me wrong guys, I ll be glad we will be getting money to spend, but what if we signed a cuellar or bougherra type player (value wise) and then the opportunity arose for us to sign a top quality player but it tooks us £2M or £3M over this budget?

I'm sure i read somewhere that it's a minimum of £5million he'll give us. But that will be topped up with player sales, CL money etc etc.

Also, how strange is it that our potential owner is younger than our captain :lol:

this deal looks nearly done which is great as far as im concerned.

with regards to the 5mil a year thing, 5 million for transfers is more than enough. we have to speculate accumulate. we need to be finding the little gems to sell on to the EPL for 3/4 times what we paid.

HOPEFULLY good times ahead (tu)