Aggressive Behaviour by Lennon - how long a ban?

Last season Lennon only got a few games for his disgracefully bad behaviour at Ibrox towards Kenny Clark (i think). Apparently due to his good disciplinery record.....which was only down to him getting away with far too much for years.

ie. kicking lovenkrands, spitting on a rangers scarf, pushing numerous players, calling McLeish a dirty orange cheat. The list goes on.

Finally a referee has had the balls to send him off for agressive behaviour....the like of which Gazza or Ricksen would never have got away with.

His reaction towards the linesman after he was sent off was shocking and reminded me of last season at Ibrox. The League Association can't use a good disciplinery record this time round to reduce the ban....i say at least 5 games.

Last season Lennon only got a few games for his disgracefully bad behaviour at Ibrox towards Kenny Clark (i think). Apparently due to his good disciplinery record.....which was only down to him getting away with far too much for years.

ie. kicking lovenkrands, spitting on a rangers scarf, pushing numerous players, calling McLeish a dirty orange cheat. The list goes on.

Finally a referee has had the balls to send him off for agressive behaviour....the like of which Gazza or Ricksen would never have got away with.

His reaction towards the linesman after he was sent off was shocking and reminded me of last season at Ibrox. The League Association can't use a good disciplinery record this time round to reduce the ban....i say at least 5 games.

he got a 4 match ban which concluded in the referee at that match resigning from football.

i think at minimum a 8 match ban, i think if celtic were to act against the player themselfs the sfa may consider a lesser ban, but i think it is a poor show from a captain of a team.

if you watch the video he also raises his hands before the headbutt incident which is classed as aggressive behaviour anyway.

he is as easily wound up as the celtic fans on here.

Sorry the referee last season was Stuart Dougal.

Found a quote after the hearing last season:

As well as his manager Strachan, Lennon was represented at the hearing by lawyer Rod McKenzie and Fraser Wishart, secretary of the Scottish Professional Footballers' Association. Wishart believes the verdict was a fair one, based on Lennon's record of only one previous dismissal in Scottish football which came in the CIS Insurance Cup Final of 2003.

"One of the factors was that Neil had never been sent off in an SPL fixture before or been over the disciplinary points threshold," said Wishart. "His previous record was taken into consideration and Neil just wants to put this incident behind him now. The committee took a long time to find Neil guilty of misconduct and then a long time to decide on his punishment and I feel they handled the case properly."

There was no comment from the SFA, other than an official statement delivered by their head of communications Andy Mitchell. He said: "The SFA disciplinary committee today gave a three match ban to the Celtic player Neil Lennon for misconduct of a significantly serious nature in the recent Scottish Premierleague match between Rangers and Celtic. The player appeared personally before the committee who considered that the ban was appropriate in view of the serious nature of the offence. The ban applies to all football with immediate effect."

he got a 4 match ban which concluded in the referee at that match resigning from football.

i think at minimum a 8 match ban, i think if celtic were to act against the player themselfs the sfa may consider a lesser ban, but i think it is a poor show from a captain of a team.

if you watch the video he also raises his hands before the headbutt incident which is classed as aggressive behaviour anyway.

he is as easily wound up as the celtic fans on here.

think at minimum a 8 match ban

:lol::lol::lol:

realisticly now he will get at the most a 3 match ban and a fine

:lol:

that is a joke and the best one you have posted on here for a while

what ever the ban is he missed anymore??

hes the captin and first name on the team sheet as far as im concerned

hes not that good Dan, Ive seen far better players, honestly.

i rate him highly coop, when hes not in the team there is a big difference and its not a good one

fair comment, hes a strong player, but theres far better out there.

On the plus side, he will try his best every game.

Guest greengrass

Tim "O" "Shook" is supposedly be lined up to come in for lenny still... and looks very much interested both parties.. i supposed he could be your new hate figure. :o or it might be gravesen.mad dog tommy g.

Well of course he was suspended before for physically confronting an official, and he had his finger in the assistant referees face yesterday, so I think we should be looking at a suspension of at least 12 games. Anything less is sending out completely the wrong message (tu)

pleased to meet you i am the lurgan bigot and for christmas I would like penalty's and bookings for the opposing team.

The man who defends Lemmon says he doesnt know why he does this ???

Well Mr Strachan we have told everybody for years now why he does it but they dont want to beleive it and that includes you !!!!!

Ask yourselves this.....If this was a Rangers player behaving like this what do you think the reaction would be from the scum and their pals in the media.

I think you all know the answer so lets start bringing the issue to their doorstep coz thats where the problem has been festering for years but we have to take flak and people who you would expect to defend us bury their heads in the sand (beer)

Since Lennon now has 'previous' for this sort of thing the ban can only be higher as he clearly didn't learn his lesson the last time and has repeated the offense.

He's a bad example to any kids wanting a career in the game and it's not the sort of road we should be going down. Officials get enough stick.

Gordon Strap-on showed he's a weak man by not criticising Lennon's behaviour. A manager should be the man in charge and not afraid to tell it like it is.

Le Guen would not have tolerated that from Ferguson and quite rightly.

I'd like to see the officials have more powers like they do in rugby. They take no sh** from players who are real hard men, not fat ginger bully boys like Lennon.

Guest greengrass

2 seasons ban please for neil 1 season touchlin e ban for wgs and 20 point deduction for celtic please... if it at least just to silence you then im all for it. :rolleyes: