Rangers in for David Goodwillie

Davie2909

ok . And the same could happen with young David .

I can admit the boy has been decent for 12 months or so , and has shown a decent amount of potential , especially in the last couple of months . I just don't agree with the many posters who are acting like signing him is the be all and end all .

I wonder if I asked a question , how many honest answers I would get .

If we hadn't been linked with goodwillie , but the dirty bastards form the other side if the city were , how many would be saying " he's pish , overrated , they can have him , waste of money , etc etc "

Or would everyone still be of the opinion that he is the best thing since sliced bread .

I would love him to be my hero at Rangers.

Hes very young and is an establishemtn player in this league.

To answer you question, all of us. I cannot get carried away with it as i think they will try and hijack the deal, even though they dont need him. If it comes down to money, everyone knows who will win the race and its not us.

Hes not the best thing since sliced bread, i dont think anyone has said that, but he is the best young striker in this league, hes Scottish and a Rangers fan too apparantly. It bodes well. He has a very very bright future ahead of him. He has pace, skill and a touch, those 3 can take players a long way in thsi league. If we get him fpor around £1m, he will be a bargain and a half and great business from the club.

I can admit the boy has been decent for 12 months or so , and has shown a decent amount of potential , especially in the last couple of months . I just don't agree with the many posters who are acting like signing him is the be all and end all .

If we hadn't been linked with goodwillie , but the dirty bastards form the other side if the city were , how many would be saying " he's pish , overrated , they can have him , waste of money , etc etc "

Or would everyone still be of the opinion that he is the best thing since sliced bread .

imho a would be really dissapointed because he is the best lookin scottish prospect for years and would be an asset for any club he goes to and will only get better. I think he wuld be a success here i think he would relish coming to this Fine establishment of a club :crabflute:

Going by the Goodwillie posts on RM for the past 12 months, a number of people would probably say he'd be a good signing. I said the same about Gary Hooper - just because it's celtc, doesn't mean a player they are away to sign is, shite.

Who said he was the best thing since sliced bread?

Okay guys , good responses , and all seem honest .

Nobody has used the phrase " best thing since sliced bread " but many seem to be making him out to be a much better player than I believe he is .

I honestly believe that our lack of signings over recent years mean that we get so excited about the thought of signing someone , that the player in question becomes better than they really are in the minds of many .

I'll be honest here and admit that there is no doubt he is a promising player , I'm just not as keen on him as others .

If he wasn't Scottish people would be raving about him with their mouths watering about the prospect of getting some young hotshot from the continent.

So many times we undervalue what is on our own doorsteps, and who gives a fuck what he gets up to in his personal life as long as he isn't beating up on woman every week or child molesting or something else just as disgusting, he has every right to enjoy himself as long as he turns up for work every day on time and does the job on the park.

The guy is definitely one of the better prospects in Scottish football and he could do a brilliant job for us and in time will become a permanent fixture in international features.

i just want kenny to go so we can get the ball rolling on this transfer. There is no way kenny will sign a pre-contract and sit in the reserves for the rest of the season because he may never get his current form back if he does that.

If he wasn't Scottish people would be raving about him with their mouths watering about the prospect of getting some young hotshot from the continent.

So many times we undervalue what is on our own doorsteps, and who gives a fuck what he gets up to in his personal life as long as he isn't beating up on woman every week or child molesting or something else just as disgusting, he has every right to enjoy himself as long as he turns up for work every day on time and does the job on the park.

The guy is definitely one of the better prospects in Scottish football and he could do a brilliant job for us and in time will become a permanent fixture in international features.

Agreed if he goes oot and has a few jars and comes in to training and works hard then not a problem (tu) He should be banned from going out just becuase some taigy cunts might start on him even though i think most would think twice about takin him ootside :lol:

i would be gutted not only is he the best thing since sliced bread hes a bear.

i have been wanting him hear since last year, and so did alot of people, DBBTB Sticks too mind. IMO If we have the chance to get a 31 year old miller away for a 21 year old with alot more potential imo to better miller at the same price than im going to bite your hand off. 1M May seem nothing in 4 years time if we move him on for a larger ammount. Over the last two seasons having a team of mostly scots, plus the N.I Lads has done us well.

Okay guys , good responses , and all seem honest .

Nobody has used the phrase " best thing since sliced bread " but many seem to be making him out to be a much better player than I believe he is .

I honestly believe that our lack of signings over recent years mean that we get so excited about the thought of signing someone , that the player in question becomes better than they really are in the minds of many .

I'll be honest here and admit that there is no doubt he is a promising player , I'm just not as keen on him as others .

i have been watching him for 5 years now with interest. i think hes a briliant prospect always have and for a long time i wrongly thought he was a taig so my judgments not clouded by us looking at him.

he wont be coming anyway whether miller goes or not .blackpool are in for him as are celtic after pulling out the norwegian deal

If we agree a fee with DU, then if the lad's a Bear then you'd surely have to fancy he'd opt to come to us. Blackpool won't offer massive wages - and he surely wouldn't sell his soul for a few extra quid at the BJK Camp.

How not?????

Is he better than Miller? Nope.

Jelavic? Nope.

Naismith? Nope.

Lafferty? Arguable. Wouldn't drop him for Goodwillie at this moment in time though while he is maturing into, hopefully, a decent player.

David Goodwillie is a better footballer than Kyle Lafferty

Guest SandyWATP

How not?????

Is he better than Miller? Nope.

Jelavic? Nope.

Naismith? Nope.

Lafferty? Arguable. Wouldn't drop him for Goodwillie at this moment in time though while he is maturing into, hopefully, a decent player.

Miller wants to leave

Naismith is not a striker

Lafferty is debatable, not convinced though.

If we agree a fee with DU, then if the lad's a Bear then you'd surely have to fancy he'd opt to come to us. Blackpool won't offer massive wages - and he surely wouldn't sell his soul for a few extra quid at the BJK Camp.

both celtic and blackpool can up the figure to one we couldnt match as well as pay him much more in wages. remember scott brown who was also supposed to be a bear.