Rangers in for David Goodwillie

Davie2909

We won't be signing a centre back.

Weir and Bougherra won't be dropped. If fit both start all day. Every day.

If one of them is out then we have Webster *sniggers* as well as Broadfoot, who is highly rated by our management team, Papac and even McCulloch and Edu who can slot in to the defence.

It's hardly great quality but there is enough there to get us through the secod half of the year.

That's before we even consider the possibility of Perry, Cole or McMillian getting a game.

If we sign a player in January it has to be somebody who is going to start most weeks and if we sign a centre half that isn't going to be the case.

If one of them is out then we have Webster *sniggers* as well as Broadfoot, who is highly rated by our management team, Papac and even McCulloch and Edu who can slot in to the defence.

It's hardly great quality but there is enough there to get us through the secod half of the year.

That's before we even consider the possibility of Perry, Cole or McMillian getting a game.

If we sign a player in January it has to be somebody who is going to start most weeks and if we sign a centre half that isn't going to be the case.

Exactly how I see it, young man. Spot on.

I don't think we're going to get Goddwillie, to be honest.

They length of time it takes us to do deal, coupled with the fact I don't trust that rat Thompson not to move the goal posts and Miller still not going anywhere fast means I'm not sure we'll get him before another club (please God, not the t*rriers)snap him up from under our noses.

In reply to OP

Don't want to lose Webster. Let his contract run out, despite his inability to appear this season, if we lost weir or boughy for rest of season, we'd need him.

Charlie won't be sold this month. Ian Holloway just yesterday said he would only sell him in January to a top team. Utd don't need him, Chelsea don't need him, Arsenal don't need him, Spurs don't need him and City certainly don't need him! In the summer we may see a change and be sold to a Villa, Liverpool, Sunderland etc.

We have 4/5 that can play upfront or as 2nd striker. We don't need Goodwillie just yet. It can wait til the summer, I do think he would be a good signing for £1 million.

Also BBC are just reporting that Celtic have dropped interest Huseklepp.

So I can see what might happen here...

They dropped their interest because they wouldn't pay the money they were asking so they won't pay 1.5m for Goodwillie. He wouldn't sign for those cunts anyway. They're fucked financially as well and can only buy if they sell.

I was confident we were going to get him.

But I was also confident that Miller had played his last game and would of been long gone.

The longer the Miller situation fucks about, the lesser the chance we have of signing Goodwillie.

Yeah, and rightly so. But what happens if they get injured or suspended? we're fucked.

Yeah, and rightly so. But what happens if they get injured or suspended? we're fucked.

Think you know what happens. Papac, Broadfoot or even McCulloch into the centre :anguish:

I was in Stirling royal the other day visiting, sitting outside the ward i heard a cleaner and a porter talking, he was slaging her saying Rangers had no money she said that her brother really wanted to join Rangers,Thats when i clicked its Goodwillies little sister so i kept an ear on what they were saying, his dad would rather see him play foe the Gers his mum doesn't want him to go abroad just yet but he could go to Blackpool would've spoke to her but the wife would've bootted my baws :)

Then Webster, Broadfoot or Papac play at centre half.

If we have any money available it needs to be spent on somebody who's going to improve the first team and play near enough every week.

I don't disagree mate. But we just need to win this title in the short term by any means then we can start thinking longer term.

The idea of Broadfoot or Papac at center half puts the shits right up me. They are bad enough at full back.

I was in Stirling royal the other day visiting, sitting outside the ward i heard a cleaner and a porter talking, he was slaging her saying Rangers had no money she said that her brother really wanted to join Rangers,Thats when i clicked its Goodwillies little sister so i kept an ear on what they were saying, his dad would rather see him play foe the Gers his mum doesn't want him to go abroad just yet but he could go to Blackpool would've spoke to her but the wife would've bootted my baws :)

:lol: Away ye go

If we can't beat Inverness without Bougherra, then there is something wrong.

Agreed.

The 2 or 3 times Inverness has sneaked something at Ibrox it's been our own fault for not taking literally 70 minutes odd worth of chances.

There was the Davie Weir defensive lapse this time last season in the 1-0 defeat, but generally we should still be having the game put to bed before the usual late slip up against them.