Rangers & Bursaspor agree fee for Kenny Miller

Also do well to remind some people that Fiorentina signed Boruc for £1 million when he still had 2 years left on his Celtic contract. They aren't going to pay over the odds for someone with 5 months left on their deal.

boruc had a year left and almost certainly cost more than 1 million.

I dont know about the rest of you but I am not sure how I feel about Kenny leaving. I mean I would have thought that when a guy scores 20 goals for you by xmas you would devastated at the thought of having him leave, but for some reason I am not feeling quite this way. I am not sure if it is because of the Boyd thing and thinking we would be in trouble when he left and seeing what happened.

I know Kenny is a big part of our team but I dont seem to caring that much about this. I dont know if I am just sick of the transfer saga and want things to move on or maybe also that we have this Goodwillie kid in our sights. I can honestly say tho that I do not really know much about this kid except for the Young SPL POTY and scoring quite a few for UTD so far this season. Is this kid an ample replacement or should I be worried about Miller's departure??????

He is out of contract in 5 months. People thinking we could get £2 million or whatever for him are seriously deluded

What you need to remember is that no-one's saying he's worth 2 million.

Some people think that we should be paid 2 million to release him early. Like what Rangers said "we don't need to sell anyone in Jan unless it's funny money"

650 grand for Kenny Miller isn't funny money.

He's not worth 2 million, but I'd have thought that if we were going to sacrifice him now, then it would have to be an offer we couldn't refuse. We could easily refuse 650 grand.

It's only since I've found out we're using the money to buy Goodwillie that I can accept him going now rather than end of the season.

I dont know about the rest of you but I am not sure how I feel about Kenny leaving. I mean I would have thought that when a guy scores 20 goals for you by xmas you would devastated at the thought of having him leave, but for some reason I am not feeling quite this way. I am not sure if it is because of the Boyd thing and thinking we would be in trouble when he left and seeing what happened.

I know Kenny is a big part of our team but I dont seem to caring that much about this. I dont know if I am just sick of the transfer saga and want things to move on or maybe also that we have this Goodwillie kid in our sights. I can honestly say tho that I do not really know much about this kid except for the Young SPL POTY and scoring quite a few for UTD so far this season. Is this kid an ample replacement or should I be worried about Miller's departure??????

I can only speak for myself - I am always of the opinion if someone wants to leave, then they can leave.

The Rangers will carry on regardless, and successfully.

Money rules the roost now and I'd rather have someone who plays for the club because they want to than the money grabbers we gat now and again.

Boyd and Wilson recently have jumped ship for the money - one of them regrets his mistake now - the other one may still regret it in the near future.

If Miller wants tae go, go now and let the club move on.

He'll be adequately replaced - of that there is no doubt.

You'll give Beattie the benefit of the doubt, but not Little?

Yeah i know Beattie can play, he just needs to get himself match sharp, then we can judge him honestly, ive seen enough of Little to form my own opinion that he is not going to make it here. Thats all. I simply dont rate Little. To my mind hes the poorest of all the youngsters weve given first team games to in recent times.

TBH I dont care if its a centre back or a full back. Weir cant play 2 games a week but Id play Webster. Whittaker cant defend, Foster isnt good enough and Broadfoot isnt exactly Ashley Cole. So any decent defender Id be happy with.

It doesnt matter if i agree with you here mate, its Walter opinion which counts and he obviously rates all those you mentioned.

Walter WILL play Weir twice in a week, no problem. I too would rather have Webster in too but his fitness is questionable.

Whittaker is our first choice right back, or at least he has been for the last 3 years.

Foster is not good enough, you are correct.

I like Broadfoot but i understand why some of fans dont.

2 defenders would be perfect but not going to happen.

Miller's agent has been saying that they will wait until the last moment before committing to anything, apparently the odds are swinging to him leaving for nothing at seasons end.

If walter has anything to with it Bob, he'll tell him in no uncertain terms that unless he is going to sign a new contract he'll be oot on his arse this window. I heard the radio interview with him on Monday after the game and it seems that he doesn't think Miller will play at 100% if he knows he's going elsewhere in the Summer. Fair point in my eyes

It is for this reason that I think he'll be away this window

Miller's agent has been saying that they will wait until the last moment before committing to anything, apparently the odds are swinging to him leaving for nothing at seasons end.

Sitting on the bench maybe, picking up almost half a million from us and not giving 100%. No thanks, would much rather he go now.

Birmingham City manager Alex McLeish remains hopeful that Rangers striker Kenny Miller will make the move to St Andrews in the next 24 hours.

The Midlands club had an offer of about £700,000 accepted by Rangers last week, but Fiorentina were also bidding to sign the Scotland international.

However, reports from Italy suggest that the Serie A club's interest in the 31-year-old is cooling.

Miller has played under McLeish for Scotland and Hibernian.

McLeish has made no secret of his desire to bring in a proven goalscorer during the January transfer window and has also expressed an interest in out-of-favour Tottenham striker Robbie Keane.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/r/rangers/9349550.stm

Hope so, although I wont hold my breath.

If Miller has any decency he will leave ASAP

If he refuses to go until the summer and costs us the Goodwillie signing, he must know that the fans will turn on him and he'll leave as one of the biggest hate figures in our history

Unless he scores another 20 goals between now and May

AN DURRANT admits the Rangers management are hopeful Kenny Miller will stay with Rangers for the rest of the season.

Almost a week after the club accepted a bid from Birmingham for the striker, he is still registered with the Light Blues and trained at Murray Park this morning.

Ian Durrant watches Kenny Miller trainFiorentina have also shown an interest in the Scotland international but as yet his future remains unresolved.

Miller could play against Hamilton on Saturday, despite the fact it is unclear where he'll be for the final few months of the campaign.

And as Durrant looks ahead to the rest of term, he maintains the 31-year-old could keep his role as a key part of Walter Smith's squad until the summer.

The first-team coach told Blues News: "Kenny is in a position where he's in the final months of his contract but we're still hopeful he will stay.

"At the end of the day, what happens will be his decision but he has been in all week training with us and nothing has fazed him.

"Hopefully we can keep him on board as he has been in integral part of the team and he will be from now to the end of the season if he stays."

SEE A FULL INTERVIEW WITH IAN DURRANT ON MILLER AND NIKICA JELAVIC'S RETURN ON TONIGHT'S BLUES NEWS.

WE'VE ALSO GOT EXCLUSIVES WITH WEISS AND WEIR - CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP TO RangersTV.tv, CLICK HERE FOR RangersTV Lite.

http://www.rangers.co.uk/articles/20110113/kenny-could-still-stay_2254024_2265963