Rangers & Bursaspor agree fee for Kenny Miller

Its the sunday mate, i wont know if im going untill monday. Thinking of heading to the wee Rangers club tho if i dont as they are having either a FB or a singer etc in for a bit of a sash bash. 4quid a ticket i think if youd be up for that! Probably be a couple of us going :crabflute:

Hmm sounds good mate but probably a bit tight for me as I'd need to get the train in after dropping the wee man off then dumping the car.

I'd probably miss kick off :disappointment:

Guest SandyWATP
Birmingham have backed out of a deal to sign striker Robbie Keane from Tottenham because "financially he wasn't the best option available".

The decision on Keane, 30, was taken after a meeting between acting Blues chairman Peter Pannu, boss Alex McLeish and chief scout Paul Montgomery.

"This is unfortunate because Keane is a class act," said Pannu.

"But supporters can rest assured we are considering other options and will pursue them where financially viable."

Birmingham are understood to have had a £6m bid for Keane accepted by Tottenham with an initial £4m to be paid up front and an extra £2m coming via various add-ons.

The Republic of Ireland international, whose first-team chances at White Hart Lane have been limited to 11 of his 13 appearances this season coming as a substitute, had been targeted by McLeish to bolster his misfiring attack.

606: DEBATE

I'd love him to sign, both he and Bentley would add some quality to the team

BornBlue

Only Wigan have scored fewer than Birmingham's 21 Premier League goals this term.

Midfielder Craig Gardner is the club's top-scorer with five goals while strikers Nikola Zigic, Kevin Phillips and Cameron Jerome have contributed a meagre eight goals between them.

Keane, who re-signed for Tottenham in February 2009, only six months after leaving the north London club for Liverpool, spent the second half of last season on loan at Celtic and has also been linked with a move to West Ham.

"I met with Alex and Paul to discuss some new targets - names that we will not be mentioning at this moment in time - as we have decided that the signing of Keane would not be in the best financial interests of the club," explained Pannu.

"Everyone knows he is a tremendous player but having considered the overall package [one which certainly wasn't unfair on the part of his representatives to ask for given his talent and experience], Keane's age and the length of contract we felt that financially he wasn't the best option available."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/b/birmingham_city/9362485.stm

Brescia have made an offer for Rangers striker Kenny Miller , according to the Corriere dello Sport.

The 31-year-old has also been heavily linked with Birmingham and Fiorentina, with Rangers even accepting bids from the two clubs, although Miller is yet to agree personal terms with either.

But the Viola have apparently now withdrawn their bid, paving the way for a last-ditch attempt to land the striker by fellow Serie A side Brescia.

Miller has been in blistering form for the Glasgow outfit this season, with 20 goals and an assist from 22 games - an efficiency ratio of a goal or assist every 67 minutes.

He is contracted to Celtic until the end of the season.

According to Sky Sports, Bursaspor are also in talks with Rangers to sign Miller.

:anguish:

If he goes to bursaspor it will show him in a not so good light , imo it will show him to be a mercenary who chases the money and someone who has lost all desire and ambition to be a winner

You are crazy mate . How has he lost all desire and ambition . He would be joining the current champions who are in with a great shout of retaining their title . They may be out of Europe but will mos def be back in the champions league next season . Add th that the fact the team are spending big money to try and compete in Europe and I think it shows that he is joining a hugely ambitious club !

Throw in the competitive league ( galatasaray , fenerbahce , besiktas , trabzonspor and bursaspor ) fantastic clmate and massive wages . I think miller would be a fool not to make this move .

this transfer has finished %99 percent. I have written about this 2 weeks before some of you maybe remember my posts about bony wilfried and kenny miller.

kenny miller transfer can be said finished.

We are trying to transfer another striker ( my favourite -new drogba:D ) bony wilfried from sparta praha. ( 2,9 milyon euro transfer fee )

also on the other hand it has written at some national newspapers that kris boyd send message with his agent to bursaspor to transfer him.but not reliable newspapers.

the other targets are firstly bony , the secondly kris boyd.

this transfer has finished %99 percent. I have written about this 2 weeks before some of you maybe remember my posts about bony wilfried and kenny miller.

kenny miller transfer can be said finished.

We are trying to transfer another striker ( my favourite -new drogba:D ) bony wilfried from sparta praha. ( 2,9 milyon euro transfer fee )

also on the other hand it has written at some national newspapers that kris boyd send message with his agent to bursaspor to transfer him.but not reliable newspapers.

the other targets are firstly bony , the secondly kris boyd.

Hopefully that's true.

Money talks.

A number of clubs will have missed out big time if he ends up at a team like Bursaspor. Wilfried Bony is a good player, he's got the attributes to be a fantastic footballer!