Boxing and MMA

I quite like that McGregor; he's a dirty, pikey Irishman, but he's entertaining.

I used to watch the UFC Ultimate Fighter on Setanta Sports back in the day, back when it was Josh Koscheck, Steffan Bonnar and Forest Griffin trying to win a contract, but the sport became mono-toned.

McGregor has changed that, almost single handedly and from what I've read, Dana White has been crying out for a fighter like him.

He won last night, end of. I despite bitter or sore losers in sport. Excusing the defeated.

I thought he was lucky to win that.

On another that he's a truly repulsive human being.

The sort of toothless simpleton who'll be wandering around a Dublin council estate on a wild horse in a few years. A piss stained mess challenging people to fight him for 5 euros outside his local Paddy Power.

What's delusional about it?

The fact he was clearly hurt and struggling?

Are you his biggest fan? Maybe stick a tri-colour on and she'd a tear when Sinead sings an emoticon all Irish ballad as he enters the octagon?

Everyone writes of McGregor because he hasn't beaten a top 5 contender. He beats a top 5 contender - with a style that doesn't suit him none the less - and the excuses start already :lol:

D'you think he's maybe just a little better than you thought?

He ws completely outclassed by a semi trained, short notice opponent in Mendes.

i will say he is tougher than I thought, he should have been hurt more by a few of those punches from Mendes. Not better than I thought though.

He ws completely outclassed by a semi trained, short notice opponent in Mendes.

i will say he is tougher than I thought, he should have been hurt more by a few of those punches from Mendes. Not better than I thought though.

You also have to consider that McGregor was preparing for Aldo up until a few weeks ago, so it was hardly ideal prep for him either.

At least he was preparing for a fight

Mendes was fucked far too early.

Mended knew how this could play out long before it was all confirmed. He would have been tipped off the second Aldo was injured that he would be the one stepping in.

I don't believe this lack of prep excuse at all.

Mended knew how this could play out long before it was all confirmed. He would have been tipped off the second Aldo was injured that he would be the one stepping in.

I don't believe this lack of prep excuse at all.

10-12 week camp is a bit different from staying relatively fit then stepping it up for two weeks

I'm not saying he definitely would have won but it made an impact. Mendes was dominating and was fucked at the end of the second and let his guard down (was pretty strange to watch).

10-12 week camp is a bit different from staying relatively fit then stepping it up for two weeks

I'm not saying he definitely would have won but it made an impact. Mendes was dominating and was fucked at the end of the second and let his guard down (was pretty strange to watch).

I'm just not convinced that he's only been training for this fight for a fortnight.

Throughout this drama Mendes will have been preparing for this fight.

I'm just not convinced that he's only been training for this fight for a fortnight.

Throughout this drama Mendes will have been preparing for this fight.

There is a difference between just training and preparing for a fight.

If these guys could get fully prepared within a fortnight, then they wouldn't have several months worth of training camps.

Anyway, I'm hoping to see Lawler vs Diaz next, I'm tired of seeing Hendricks and Lawler bore me to death for 5 rounds.