Boxing and MMA

See honestly, Bellew should stay at Cruiserweight and try and unify the division. His raw power wasn't good enough at Light Heavyweight, so fighting at Heavyweight probably isn't a great idea. 

At Cruiserweight his chin and punch power was very underrated. Probably not now though. 

Hopefully he fights Denis Lebedev. 

2 minutes ago, ben51 said:

The thing is, Haye is actually a good fighter. But he's embarrassed himself with his last few fights. Bellew was spot on about Haye robbing the British public, it's time he takes some proper fights. 

If he takes the fight I'd say Haye wins via KO.

I agree with what your saying but the argument is he's just back in the ring after a long injury. I didn't think his first few comeback fights to be anything great. Sure ticket prices where extortionate but it was live on council tv so money had to be made somewhere

Just now, TheLoudenTavernier said:

Haye said he's been campaigning at heavyweight for 8 years then said he was a cruiserweight in 2008.

Is he forgetting he was retired for the last 3 years?

I never remember him actually retiring he was injured. Unless I missed something

13 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

I agree with what your saying but the argument is he's just back in the ring after a long injury. I didn't think his first few comeback fights to be anything great. Sure ticket prices where extortionate but it was live on council tv so money had to be made somewhere

The issue is he's now effectively demanding a shot at a Heavyweight belt after fighting those two bums. There are plenty of opponents in the Division he could have fought after/instead of those two guys, but he didn't/hasn't.

He's not taken a fight since 'The Cobra' which was how many months ago? Now he's trying to fight for a belt? 

Aye right. 

5 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

I never remember him actually retiring he was injured. Unless I missed something

He had chucked it completely. Had all his gym equipment on eBay and everything.

He only made this comeback cos he's supposedly skint. Hence why he's promoting himself and whoring himself out to channels like Dave and sparking out cunts nobody has ever heard of to make a quick buck.

1 minute ago, ben51 said:

The issue is he's now effectively demanding a shot at a Heavyweight belt after fighting those two bums. There are plenty of opponents in the Division he could have fought after/instead of those two guys, but he didn't/hasn't.

He's not taken a fight since 'The Cobra' which was how many months ago? Now he's trying to fight for a belt? 

Aye right. 

Tbh he's a former world champion so he's got more chance of a shot than half the bums like " I walk the earth like a God" Charles Martin

1 minute ago, Gillete said:

Tbh he's a former world champion so he's got more chance of a shot than half the bums like " I walk the earth like a God" Charles Martin

His reign was hardly elusive as Champion. Ran about for 12 rounds with the odd punch and won. Beat Ruiz. Fought a bum. Then lost it. 

Guys like Povetkin, Stiverne, Ortiz, Parker, Pulev etc. Are all ahead of him. 

Until he beats one of them that is.

1 hour ago, ben51 said:

His reign was hardly elusive as Champion. Ran about for 12 rounds with the odd punch and won. Beat Ruiz. Fought a bum. Then lost it. 

Guys like Povetkin, Stiverne, Ortiz, Parker, Pulev etc. Are all ahead of him. 

Until he beats one of them that is.

Haye v AJ will be made for next summer I would have thought so hes hardly demanding a shot but he will get a shot because its the biggest fight in that division it makes millions for both promoters  and boxers.... Forget who deserves it or whos ahead of who 

8 hours ago, KingKirk said:

Haye beats AJ whenever that happens 

Based on what? Haye is 36 and hasn't had a serious fight since the one he lost over half a decade ago.

His public sparring displays on heavy bags live on Dave haven't changed anyone's opinion on anything. This 'comeback' has just been an exercise in padding his record in the hope that a British guy with a title agrees to fight him.