Boxing and MMA

Nunes on Edmond

"Yeah, because she thinks that she's a boxer, you know?" she said. "He like put this thing in her head and make the girl believe in that. I don't know why he did that. She have great judo, and she can go far in this division, but he put some crazy thing about boxing, and her career started to go down. And if I win that, I am the real striker. This is the only thing I wanted to look at him, to say it.

Spot on. It makes sense to improve her boxing, of course it does, but to make that the focus of her attack when her MMA career has centred upon her ability to take bitches down and submit them is fucking madness. 

3 hours ago, JamieD said:

I'll admit I haven't watched a lot of MMA but every time I see a big hyped title fight it's basically like Tyson vs Seldon. Is it always as shite as this?

No, but fights vary so much in MMA that these kind of fights happen fairly frequently, but not usually in that fashion, that was the equivalent of a rookie fighting a pro. But it also depends on who is being hyped, McGregr at lightweight was always liable to finish a fight in the first round, he was too powerful for that division, when he came up against Diaz those fights were wars, one going the distance, the other ended in submission. 

4 hours ago, Supersonic said:

Bearjew fighting at UFC 209 against Tyson Pedro.

Great fight but I didn't expect they'd be throwing two prospects against each other this early on in a fairly shallow division. 

Haven't seen the other guy but he's apparently got 4 straight first round subs? Interesting fight. 

On 10/01/2017 at 0:25 PM, BonjourBonjour said:

Just been confirmed he's fighting Indongo on April 15th

talks ongoing that Brook fights Manny P at Wembley in the summer 

1 hour ago, bluebell82 said:

How do people see Badou Jack v James DeGale going? ...I fancy Jack to win, DeGale doesn't have knock out power and whilst always starting well in fights can never keep up the pace 

Degale on points Callum smith beats both tho and comfortably