Boxing and MMA

How come every time I click thia thread it takes me back to posts from 2013?

Anyway, Pacman for the win in under 10...

Pacquiao hasn't knocked out anybody in 5 years and not one of those opponents who have lasted the distance with him had the defence of Floyd Mayweather. What makes you think he can drop Chris Algieri six times and not finish him but will hit Mayweather flush enough to finish him?

I thought Bisping didn't look good against Dolloway. I think he is too 1 dimensional now. I wish he would cut his fucking hair, he is constantly trying to flick it out of his eyes.

Agreed. He was getting picked off by a supposedly inferior striker. Can't fault his energy levels but he's just not got the power or dynamism to get to the very top.

Thought his chin and general endurance held up well. He's been called chinny in the past but he took some big shots and fired back.

Mayweather has got the fight at the time he wanted and will probably win.

A few years back he knows he would never have won it , thats why he blocked it year after year and everyone in boxing knows it.

Hope Manny still beats him

A few years back he knows he would never have won it , thats why he blocked it year after year and everyone in boxing knows it.

Roach has already been on record saying manny refused 5 yrs ago due to him not wanting to give blood so that's wrong

Judging by their last outings, Mayweather has slipped more than Manny.

Roach has already been on record saying manny refused 5 yrs ago due to him not wanting to give blood so that's wrong

He refused because it was rules made up by Mayweather , he took all tests that were asked of him over the years by boxing authorities. Another ploy of Mayweathers , one of many over the years.

He refused because it was rules made up by Mayweather , he took all tests that were asked of him over the years by boxing authorities. Another ploy of Mayweathers , one of many over the years.

To be fair, he did say he wouldn't give a blood sample within two weeks of the fight because it would weaken him. That's ridiculous, regardless of any shenanigans Mayweather was up to. Even Roach has said Manny's idea that having blood taken weakens him is all in his head and is just a daft phobia. Daft phobias shouldn't be allowed to get in the way of testing and they most certainly shouldn't be allowed to get in the way of making the biggest fight in the sport. Whether Mayweather genuinely thought he was on drugs or was using his phobia to make sure the fight was called off, Manny should have just signed the fight and not given him a way out. Imagine if an athlete in any other sport demanded a window of two weeks without blood testing before an event. Imagine if Usain Bolt said that :lol:

Anyway, I hope Manny humiliates him. Long overdue.

It wasnt mayweathers rules

It was the US Olympic testing which the Nevada state commision use

To be fair, he did say he wouldn't give a blood sample within two weeks of the fight because it would weaken him. That's ridiculous, regardless of any shenanigans Mayweather was up to. Even Roach has said Manny's idea that having blood taken weakens him is all in his head and is just a daft phobia. Daft phobias shouldn't be allowed to get in the way of testing and they most certainly shouldn't be allowed to get in the way of making the biggest fight in the sport. Whether Mayweather genuinely thought he was on drugs or was using his phobia to make sure the fight was called off, Manny should have just signed the fight and not given him a way out. Imagine if an athlete in any other sport demanded a window of two weeks without blood testing before an event. Imagine if Usain Bolt said that :lol:

Anyway, I hope Manny humiliates him. Long overdue.

Mayweather didnt make the rules although he thought he did . Manny passed all tests everytime they were taken and thats all that mattered . It was one of several excuses Mayweather used over the years so the fight would not go ahead.

It wasnt mayweathers rules

It was the US Olympic testing which the Nevada state commision use

Show me one document that says the fight did not go ahead because Manny refused the boxing board rules regarding drug or any other tests. He would have been banned if that was the case, the guy passed all the tests he had to at the time.

The whole thing was another pathetic excuse by Mayweather and everyone in boxing knew what he was doing it for.

Mayweather didnt make the rules although he thought he did . Manny passed all tests everytime they were taken and thats all that mattered . It was one of several excuses Mayweather used over the years so the fight would not go ahead.

But each party trying to lay ground rules and assert their dominance over the proceedings is a basic part of any big fight. The request wasn't a particularly outrageous one on Mayweather's part, and Manny's response was ridiculous. Boxing's drug testing is so laughably relaxed that we actually allow ourselves to think it's acceptable for a fighter to decide when he does and doesn't get tested. If this was the case in any other sport it would be a scandal. The way it looked to me was Mayweather looking for a way out and Manny enthusiastically giving him one.

There are three possible reasons Manny didn't just accept the testing. One, he was on drugs. Two, he didn't want the fight. Three, he has a ridiculous amount of pride. Maybe all three of these are the case, in which case Mayweather was right, but if it's just the third one, it still means Manny is as much to blame as Floyd for the fight not getting made. Boxing is a battle of wills as much as anything. Imagine if Roberto Duran had turned down the Leonard rematch just because Leonard didn't give him enough time to get into shape. He would have looked like a coward trying to hold on to a close win. So he fought even though he wasn't up to it. Because he was a champion.

Show me one document that says the fight did not go ahead because Manny refused the boxing board rules regarding drug or any other tests. He would have been banned if that was the case, the guy passed all the tests he had to at the time.

The whole thing was another pathetic excuse by Mayweather and everyone in boxing knew what he was doing it for.

He never passed any tests because there was no fight

Haha

Read the whole story , its was ridiculous demands by Mayweather not the Nevada board and Manny rightly told him where to go.

Mayweather has used the drug test crap several times over the years so the fight would not go ahead.

Throughout his whole career Manny has not failed one test of any kind by the way.

Pacquiao hasn't knocked out anybody in 5 years and not one of those opponents who have lasted the distance with him had the defence of Floyd Mayweather. What makes you think he can drop Chris Algieri six times and not finish him but will hit Mayweather flush enough to finish him?

My 20 quid makes me think it. (Hope it rather)