The Boxing News Thread

7,941 posts in this topic

10 minutes ago, Steelydan1690 said:

What did u bet ?jacobs win?

Jacobs  draw no bet 

What the fuck happened???

29 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

Wow that was really tight

I would have gave Jacobs a draw at very most but what do I know 😂Smashed so wasn't watching every second 

2 hours ago, JamieD said:

Christ, Gonzalez lost?

Aye was the best scrap of the night was a cracking

I gave it to GGG . . . Just

he looked really poor tonight. For me he threw the cleaner work.  I have GGG 2 out the first 3 rounds then a 10-8 round , it had him 3 points up after 4 

so many tight rounds could have gone either way. No where near a robbery that some are making out 

1 person likes this

26 minutes ago, Gillete said:

I gave it to GGG . . . Just

he looked really poor tonight. For me he threw the cleaner work.  I have GGG 2 out the first 3 rounds then a 10-8 round , it had him 3 points up after 4 

so many tight rounds could have gone either way. No where near a robbery that some are making out 

Was never a robbery but GGG really needs to work on head movement and footwork it the one real weakness of his game

7 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Was never a robbery but GGG really needs to work on head movement and footwork it the one real weakness of his game

He's 35 , that's never going to change. He's seek and destroy so it will eventually be his downfall fighting a boxer.  Someone like cotto & canelo will suit him as they will stand and trade. Jacobs was on the move and he really struggled last night. 

Super middleweights would struggle to knock GGG down

i think he should just fight Saunders and win all the belts and retire 

he's had a great career . Not many big names but they all went hiding from him

2 people like this

It was pretty close.  I think Jacobs would have the confidence to win a rematch but he probably won't get one 

I had Golovkin winning, 115-112. Too many close rounds, but I like aggression and Golovkin was generally the more aggressive.

35yrs is old for a pressure fighter like Golovkin. Not many stay effective into their mid 30s.

The only thing that beats GGG in this middleweight era is age. 2-3yrs ago Golovkin would have, IMO, comfortably beaten Jacobs. Size and movement were enough to make GGG struggle and he has lost a few % on his attributes to negate it.

GGG doesn't have long left as a top fighter. Father time beats everyone in the end.

1 person likes this

any cunt see that fuck Conlan's ring entrance? it was like something from paedo dome, soldier song and all, fucking embarrassing, this would be like frampton doing  a ring walk draped in a union jack with the queen blasting.  Looks like Conlan only want a one sided support, hope is career is shite. 

I was excited excited to see conlan as I heard he had talent - unconvinced.

the media are talking up BJS v GGG. Firstly I don't think BJS is big enough, tough enough or hits hard enough to replicate the Jacobs performance. For me GGG batters him.

Eubank jnr v GGG imo would be a fight of the contender. Not saying he would win, but his work rate alone would make it exciting.

8 hours ago, Hutton2008 said:

I was excited excited to see conlan as I heard he had talent - unconvinced.

the media are talking up BJS v GGG. Firstly I don't think BJS is big enough, tough enough or hits hard enough to replicate the Jacobs performance. For me GGG batters him.

Eubank jnr v GGG imo would be a fight of the contender. Not saying he would win, but his work rate alone would make it exciting.

People forget Jacobs never went to weigh in on fight day like he agreed to. GGG was 169 lbs on fight day. Jacobs was rumoured to be 195 lbs and walking around like a light heavy 

no way BJS would be as heavy as that