Skelf

The Boxing News Thread

keithgersbear    985

Any website I can watch the GGG Canelo fight on after it's over? I tend to get my sleep and then watch in the morning online with fights in America. 

Gascoigne8    1,107
3 hours ago, sausagetrunks said:

Lomo to beat rigo and canelo to beat GGG

I think golovkin might have too much for him tbh mate

sausagetrunks    613
3 hours ago, Gascoigne8 said:

I think golovkin might have too much for him tbh mate

you could be right mate, he has power but after seeing how easy it was for brook to hit GGG i think Canelo could even knock him out but i wont be surprised if GGG knocks him out but im going for canelo. 

Gascoigne8    1,107
59 minutes ago, sausagetrunks said:

you could be right mate, he has power but after seeing how easy it was for brook to hit GGG i think Canelo could even knock him out but i wont be surprised if GGG knocks him out but im going for canelo. 

Tbh he looked sluggish/fed up vs brook but i think he'll be ready come the weekend. Either of the 2 to win but its gonnae be a good dust up

William McBeath    1,754
10 hours ago, keithgersbear said:

Any website I can watch the GGG Canelo fight on after it's over? I tend to get my sleep and then watch in the morning online with fights in America. 

I'm the same. It's the most annoying thing about boxing. It's too dominated by the Yanks. Hopefully Joshua brings most of his big fights to Britain. 

I Just Google like fuck to find the fight the next day. Youtube is usually where I find them. I'm not taking the chance with this one though as sometimes the videos get pulled before you see it all. Alarm clock and stream for me.

Anybody know if Box Nation on Mobdro will have this with it being PPV?

maverick1200    453
12 hours ago, keithgersbear said:

There will be plenty of torrent sites where you download the fight from. 

That's what I normally do. 

William McBeath    1,754

I've flipped back and forward with the Canelo v Golovkin fight but now its betting time I'm going for Canelo. Golovkin is only better at the jab and moving around the ring. It's his power that makes him the favourite. If Canelo can avoid getting hit clean by his biggest punches he should outbox him over the piece. Easier said than done right enough.

I'm not underestimating GGG's boxing ability but he doesn't fight so well if he's backed up. I think Canelo is good and tough enough to keep him off of him enough to win if he can manage to take a few like Jacobs. I expect him to make Golovkin look bad at times when he comes at him. He's an aggressive counter puncher so it will suit him if he can handle the pace. Problem for him is GGG could easily put him to sleep with a single punch and never lets up :lol:

If I don't bet I'll be rooting for Golovkin as the Yanks and Mexicans always do well and have champions. Our fighters and the rest of Europe never seem to get as much recognition either. That won't be possible this time if Golovkin wrecks the new golden boy. 

keithgersbear    985

I think GGG will win based on his jab and punching power. Probably stop him down the track. 

Badger    1,116
10 hours ago, William McBeath said:

I've flipped back and forward with the Canelo v Golovkin fight but now its betting time I'm going for Canelo. Golovkin is only better at the jab and moving around the ring. It's his power that makes him the favourite. If Canelo can avoid getting hit clean by his biggest punches he should outbox him over the piece. Easier said than done right enough.

I'm not underestimating GGG's boxing ability but he doesn't fight so well if he's backed up. I think Canelo is good and tough enough to keep him off of him enough to win if he can manage to take a few like Jacobs. I expect him to make Golovkin look bad at times when he comes at him. He's an aggressive counter puncher so it will suit him if he can handle the pace. Problem for him is GGG could easily put him to sleep with a single punch and never lets up :lol:

If I don't bet I'll be rooting for Golovkin as the Yanks and Mexicans always do well and have champions. Our fighters and the rest of Europe never seem to get as much recognition either. That won't be possible this time if Golovkin wrecks the new golden boy. 

If the fight was 2yrs ago I would pick GGG comfortable, but father time is ticking and 35yrs is old for a swarming style. Swarmers historically decline with age first of the 3 classic styles (swarmer, boxer, slugger), and anything beyond 32ish is often in decline.

GGG is a swarmer come boxer, and an exceptional one, however I think Canelo and Golden Boy have waited this out and are getting GGG now he has shown signs of decline.

Whats the deal with getting this, I already have box nation through BT sports but do you have to pay the other 20 pound to get it on or will I get it for nothing ?

KingKirk    4,926

Buzzing for this. Simple for me GGG is the better boxer and wins this comfortably might be 35 but his Jab and footwork wins him the fight. IMO canelo's only chance to win this fight is to turn this into a brawl:tu:

KingKirk    4,926
2 minutes ago, SuperLeeMcCulloch said:

Whats the deal with getting this, I already have box nation through BT sports but do you have to pay the other 20 pound to get it on or will I get it for nothing ?

You need a boxnation subscription to get it for free. IF you get the channel through any other means you'll need to pay the £16.95

1 hour ago, KingKirk said:

You need a boxnation subscription to get it for free. IF you get the channel through any other means you'll need to pay the £16.95

Ahh well shame its not £16.90 would have been a nice price.

William McBeath    1,754
13 hours ago, Badger said:

If the fight was 2yrs ago I would pick GGG comfortable, but father time is ticking and 35yrs is old for a swarming style. Swarmers historically decline with age first of the 3 classic styles (swarmer, boxer, slugger), and anything beyond 32ish is often in decline.

GGG is a swarmer come boxer, and an exceptional one, however I think Canelo and Golden Boy have waited this out and are getting GGG now he has shown signs of decline.

Aye that's normally the way. Golovkin is smarter and more measured than most though and keeps his distance whilst waiting to hurt you rather than just flying in like a Tyson or Frazier. It also looks to me like Canelo tires more than him. I think it will just be that Canelo can beat that style because of his counter punching ability that makes the difference. That's if he can handle the pace and power right enough. For me Golovkin will need to knock him out as I don't see him landing better than Canelo.

I hope the bookies are giving decent odds on Alverez because he's unproven at the weight and going up against the proven beast of the division. I can't really pick a winner out of them because Canelo might not be able to handle Gennady's power. I'm  just going with the underdog for the sake of betting and because I think he's the better boxer. Take away Golovkin's mad power and I wouldn't give him much of a chance even though he'll throw more and work harder. Got to laugh at that because it must be so frustrating fighting guy's who do less work in terms of punching and easily win fights like Mayweather.

Canelo will need to be able to go full rounds without taking breathers against the ropes in this one or Golovkin will likely drop him with one of those reverse uppercuts things he throws that go up and down onto the top of your head. Must be a weird punch for a boxer to defend and he manages to KO people with it. Guys a bit of a fucking freak. That's why I've no real confidence in picking a winner. It's all about whether Canelo is as tough as he's looked in his other fights because Golovkin will find him a lot too. Handle that and I don't see how Golovkin beats him.

I prefer watching Canelo and will stick a wee bet on him but I think if it was my house or life I'd probably opt for Golovkin to be honest :mutley:

20 hours ago, KingKirk said:

Buzzing for this. Simple for me GGG is the better boxer and wins this comfortably might be 35 but his Jab and footwork wins him the fight. IMO canelo's only chance to win this fight is to turn this into a brawl:tu:

I've only ever seen GGG once vs Brook and I think he was getting in some shots. Canelo has so much more power....

jcb    1,091

Canelo for me.

Hard one to call though with many people basing their opinion on GGGs last couple of fights. Whether he knew he was going to win without much trouble beforehand or if he is slightly dipping is key imo.

I believe Alvarez is a fighter who is improving, whilst it may be that Golovkins best years are behind him. Great matchup though and a throwback to the glory years of the early - mid eighties with Hagler, Hearns, Leonard &Duran all fighting each other. 

JamieD    8,261
On 12/09/2017 at 14:46, GetToTheChoppa said:

I've only ever seen GGG once vs Brook and I think he was getting in some shots. Canelo has so much more power....

Um...

GGG has the highest KO rate in middleweight history. I'm not sure someone who has seen him fight once can really make such a bold claim.

ben51    6,529
40 minutes ago, JamieD said:

Um...

GGG has the highest KO rate in middleweight history. I'm not sure someone who has seen him fight once can really make such a bold claim.

Never seen him box, but don't know how you could say that. 

1 hour ago, JamieD said:

Um...

Canelo has much more power than Brook I meant.

JamieD    8,261
9 minutes ago, GetToTheChoppa said:

Canelo has much more power than Brook I meant.

Oh ok. Well, yeah, Golovkin seems pretty defensively reckless when he's fighting someone he knows isn't a danger, and wants to put on a show and go for the KO. His chin seems solid but I doubt he'll be as happy to eat shots from Canelo as he was against Brook. I get the impression GGG is capable of getting hit a lot less than he does, he just hasn't fought anyone he needed to worry about much. His footwork and control of the ring is outstanding. Roberto Duran was like that. Had elite defensive skills, especially on the inside, but didn't really give a fuck if he got hit.

callumbo87    72

Going for the upset and Canelo to break GGG down.

In my opinion Jacobs beat GGG by 1 round in their last fight but there was no way GGG would lose that on the cards with the Canelo fight coming up.

He has never been that quick but certainly against Jacobs he looked a lot slower and was plodding for much of the fight, hence Jacobs pot shotting him and staying out of trouble bar 1 or 2 moments.

Canelo will box smart I think and as long as he can take GGG's power will break him down with pressure in the second half of the fight.

Big question though, can Canelo take GGG's power? Has GGG's power diminished with age? Didn't really affect Jacobs that much.

JimmyCR1    516

Bought the fight online through box nation,  and the website is not loading, imagine due to traffic, what a shambles

5 minutes ago, JimmyCR1 said:

Bought the fight online through box nation,  and the website is not loading, imagine due to traffic, what a shambles

Probably be worse in about 8 hours come fight time.

Hamie    2,515
On 27/05/2017 at 23:33, maverick1200 said: