Boxing and MMA

I was surprised to see Maccarinelli is even still fighting.

Last I heard of him he had been knocked clean out for the 2nd,maybe 3rd fight in a row (I think). Was a good few years ago.

Noticed he never celebrated after he KO'd RJJ.

White saying he's fighting Edgar but kavanagh saying he won't fight at that weight ever again

I think if anyone deserves a rematch its aldo for what he has done for that division

I'm sure he would go to Ireland also

Be interesting to see what happens. For all his faults, credit to him for stepping up a weight and taking on some tough opponents. LW division is pretty deep.

He still hasn't really been tested by a wrestler. A 20% fit Mendes gave him real problems for a while. Frankie would be a nightmare for him as well - at either FW or LW. A lot of big wrestlers at LW.

Be interesting to see what happens. For all his faults, credit to him for stepping up a weight and taking on some tough opponents. LW division is pretty deep.

He still hasn't really been tested by a wrestler. A 20% fit Mendes gave him real problems for a while. Frankie would be a nightmare for him as well - at either FW or LW. A lot of big wrestlers at LW.

I think he fights the winner of the Cerrone/Dos Anjos fight next for the title

Chisora is a smart fight for when Joshua is ready to move up a level. He was a title contender, who still has a little name value for when he gets knocked out.

There's also no real chance Joshua loses that fight. He'd be a good fight pre-Haye to gauge whether the Haye fight is a good idea.

I reckon Joshua will fight another couple of relative nobodies first.

I hope AJ doesn't go near Haye, the guys a prick. He shat it off Fury and now AJ is on the scene he's been brown nosing him in a pathetic attempt to get one last pay day. Not to mention the fact he wants to become the next Bond. :lol:

Chisora is out there, Parker too, plus the Whyte rematch.

AJ better tell him to take a jump.

Can't wait to see this Cowboy Cerrone v Dos Anjos fight now to see who fights McGregor say what you want about the guy but he has got loads of eyes on the UFC including me.

I reckon Dos Anjos and Cerrone would beat McGregor, I also want to see Joe Duffy given a chance at him in LW as he is a guy who has previously beaten McGregor, can't wait.

Aldo deserved that tbh. He lost my respect when he couldn't look McGregor in the eye. No-one's asking him to act like a dick but I'd hazard a guess that boosted McGregor's confidence. He got caught up in the mind games but deserves a rematch due to his history.

Quite strange to see 2 fighters like Aldo and Rousey in the situations they're in right now. Next fight for both of them is absolutely crucial.

Aldo deserved that tbh. He lost my respect when he couldn't look McGregor in the eye. No-one's asking him to act like a dick but I'd hazard a guess that boosted McGregor's confidence. He got caught up in the mind games but deserves a rematch due to his history.

Quite strange to see 2 fighters like Aldo and Rousey in the situations they're in right now. Next fight for both of them is absolutely crucial.

Your probably talking 12 months or longer if Aldo gets another shot

CM has said he's moving to lightweight but keeping the featherweight belt.

He will fight the winner of cerrone etc then it will be Edgar who get the shot at him

Aldo's coach said he would have retired if he beat him on sat. Not sure the hunger will be there to hang around for a year waiting.

He could hang around then CMcould say fuck it, I'm moving up for good after Edgar

Your probably talking 12 months or longer if Aldo gets another shot

CM has said he's moving to lightweight but keeping the featherweight belt.

He will fight the winner of cerrone etc then it will be Edgar who get the shot at him

Aldo's coach said he would have retired if he beat him on sat. Not sure the hunger will be there to hang around for a year waiting.

He could hang around then CMcould say fuck it, I'm moving up for good after Edgar

Some way to bow out then if he does leave it like this. At first I wanted Aldo to smash fuck out of him but as the fight got closer McGregor grew on me, just due to his talent. The guy can be a bellend but he's cashing the cheques his mouth has been writing so credit where it's due. When is the cowboy fight?

Some way to bow out then if he does leave it like this. At first I wanted Aldo to smash fuck out of him but as the fight got closer McGregor grew on me, just due to his talent. The guy can be a bellend but he's cashing the cheques his mouth has been writing so credit where it's due. When is the cowboy fight?

That's the thing with McGregor. Everybody says he's a dick but I just see it as him being entertaining to sell fights.

He's a talented fighter but he's also a brilliant showman and that's making him as big a star as his fighting ability is.

I used to think he was just a dick but a lot of those feelings have went away after seeing how respectful and toned down he's been since the fight IMO.

They are fighting Saturday mate

Can't wait to see this Cowboy Cerrone v Dos Anjos fight now to see who fights McGregor say what you want about the guy but he has got loads of eyes on the UFC including me.

I reckon Dos Anjos and Cerrone would beat McGregor, I also want to see Joe Duffy given a chance at him in LW as he is a guy who has previously beaten McGregor, can't wait.

wtf, connor is getting a title shot at a higher wieght without a single fight in that division?

That isn't right.

wtf, connor is getting a title shot at a higher wieght without a single fight in that division?

That isn't right.

it may not be right but rumour is this will only happen if Cerrone wins.and unfortunately for long time fans and guys who actually take/took part in this sport it's going down a more entertainment route rather than a martial arts route.

That's the thing with McGregor. Everybody says he's a dick but I just see it as him being entertaining to sell fights.

He's a talented fighter but he's also a brilliant showman and that's making him as big a star as his fighting ability is.

I used to think he was just a dick but a lot of those feelings have went away after seeing how respectful and toned down he's been since the fight IMO.

If you watch him on the Ultimate Fighter coaching he comes across as a decent cunt as well, apart from ripping into Faber.

I agree with Kaiser tho, Dana is quite happy to turn this into the WWE now, which is all good and well for his pocket, not so good for the hardcore fans who love the sport and not the soap opera.

Lost a lot of talent though so I guess needs must and McGregor is the cash cow as it stands.

it may not be right but rumour is this will only happen if Cerrone wins.and unfortunately for long time fans and guys who actually take/took part in this sport it's going down a more entertainment route rather than a martial arts route.

Can definitely believe that. RDA will grapple fuck him to death. Cerrone might actually do that too but at least on paper he's a kickboxer who likes to trade.