Boxing and MMA

I like Frampton but I think Quigg will win his power will be too much for Frampton . The Americans will never take to Quigg though but they will to Frampton. Huge fight this it should have more attention than it's getting at the moment. 

20 hours ago, ben51 said:

If anyone missed the Gloves Are Off. Quigg struggles to put a couple of words together. Really hope Frampton smashes him. Going to try and get tickets to the Joshua fight, rumoured card of Groves, DeGale, Burns etc.

Really can't see it 

if they are , then it's for peanuts as Hearn said all the money is going towards bringing Martin over and won't be much left to make a profit 

Frampton has actually got his weight down way ahead of the schedule he usually works to. He said weeks ago he had his weight down already and they were going to sustain it rather than taking a lot off in the last part of preparation.

I have watched all the footage available in the build up including the full length press conferences, interviews and even re-watched previous fights of both boxers.

If Frampton can handle Quiggs supposed power then I believe he will win the fight on points. He definitely has the better boxing ability and punch selection. Frampton is also very effective on the back foot and has good punching power himself.

Quigg looks to have good punching power, especially the left hook to the body and will be able to maintain a high pace for 12 rounds. He has a height and reach advantage also and he is brimming with confidence.

I think Quigg knows he won't outbox or out point Frampton so he will look to make Frampton work hard for 6 rounds whilst working the body and hoping he walks onto a shot.  After that when the tempo inevitably drops Quigg will seek to turn the screw with power punches and a more concerted and sustained attacking tactic.

Its a really intriguing fight because both boxers can be put down and both have punching power. Although I don't doubt that Frampton is the more accomplished boxer both men are relatively easy to hit, but Quigg appears to bang a bit harder?

Based on what I've studied and seen I'm predicting Frampton to win on points. Failing that I'd say a late stoppage for Quigg.

Looking forward to this fight more than any other for years. Let's get it on...

I don't know about the last few fights but he did admit for the last fight he had weight issues as you said. I think the way they were cutting weight particularly for his last fight was the main issue and hence why they have decided to change things up this time around.

I think they probably were a little unprofessional in their preparation last time out and the fact they were fighting in Texas and not Belfast only added to the situation.

I think this time they will be all the better for it and no stone will have been left unturned. Although Carl wasn't at his best against Gonzalez he still lasted 12 rounds pretty comfortably fitness wise. He just didn't seem as sharp and his punches didn't seem to carry the same power.

Although I hope your prediction is wrong KK I can fully appreciate your views because it is so close to call. One of the reasons I wanted to re watch previous fights etc was to genuinely assess who I thought would win without the bias of being a Frampton fan. I'm sticking to Frampton on points.

On ‎16‎/‎02‎/‎2016 at 4:49 PM, ben51 said:

If anyone missed the Gloves Are Off. Quigg struggles to put a couple of words together. Really hope Frampton smashes him. Going to try and get tickets to the Joshua fight, rumoured card of Groves, DeGale, Burns etc.

Hearn has already said this card won't be as big as the December 12th ppv card. Also said he's working on a big fight for burns if he can pull it off it'll be in Scotland if not he'll possibly be on April 9th. Said on IFL.TV a few days ago

Quiggs winning this by stoppage I feel. I'm backing Carl, but I fancy Quigg to win. Have to echo the sentiments some have made regarding Gallagher. Can't stand him, plus I'm a huge fan of Shane. Got to give it to him though, he's doing a great job of taking the pressure off Quigg. Frampton and Barry's attempts to counter that by asking the irish to give Quigg respect isn't working at all either. 

BT Sport from 12

February 21, 2016

MAIN CARD

Donald Cerrone vs. Alex Oliveira

Derek Brunson vs. Roan Carneiro

Cody Garbrandt vs. Augusto Mendes

Chris Camozzi vs. Joe Riggs

Shane Campbell vs. James Krause

UNDERCARD

Shamil Abdurahimov def. Anthony HamiltonShamil Abdurakhimov def. Anthony Hamilton via unanimous decision (30-27, 29-28, 29-28)

Alex Garcia vs. Sean Strickland

Oluwale Bamgbose vs. Daniel Sarafian

Dennis Bermudez vs. Tatsuya Kawajiri

Ashlee Evans-Smith vs. Marion Reneau

Nathan Coy vs. Jonavin Webb

Leonardo Augusto Guimaraes vs. Anthony Smith

Kelly Faszholz vs. Lauren Murphy

30 minutes ago, ex-guardsman said:

BT Sport from 12

February 21, 2016

MAIN CARD

Donald Cerrone vs. Alex Oliveira

Derek Brunson vs. Roan Carneiro

Cody Garbrandt vs. Augusto Mendes

Chris Camozzi vs. Joe Riggs

Shane Campbell vs. James Krause

UNDERCARD

Shamil Abdurahimov def. Anthony HamiltonShamil Abdurakhimov def. Anthony Hamilton via unanimous decision (30-27, 29-28, 29-28)

Alex Garcia vs. Sean Strickland

Oluwale Bamgbose vs. Daniel Sarafian

Dennis Bermudez vs. Tatsuya Kawajiri

Ashlee Evans-Smith vs. Marion Reneau

Nathan Coy vs. Jonavin Webb

Leonardo Augusto Guimaraes vs. Anthony Smith

Kelly Faszholz vs. Lauren Murphy

Few names getting branded for a replacement and I just hope its someone who can kick the pricks face to bits.

Nate Diaz, also mentioned by Helwani as an option for McGregor, would be another intriguing lightweight test. He won his last bout against Michael Johnson on Dec. 19, but, as is the case with Cerrone, he was well beaten by dos Anjos, too.

Edgar would be a massive challenge for McGregor, and that’s a featherweight fight plenty would be keen to see, especially after the American disposed of Mendes with such ease. However, it seems as though that showdown is unlikely at this stage, especially given the Irishman is well into the lightweight cut at this juncture.

Still, none of these fighters can offer McGregor what dos Anjos did: another title belt and a chance to make history.