Jump to content
Skelf

The Boxing News Thread

Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, Straight-Edge-Loyal said:

I think he should have been stopped when he was on the ropes Frampton did really well to hang on and come out swinging.

I don't know what caused the lack of stamina maybe Garcia just faught at a pace Frampton either didn't expect or hadn't trained for.

The important thing is he won in the end.

Frampton was no way near get stopped whilst he was on the ropes. Garcia never had him trouble. 

Frampton has always had stamina issues. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, maverick1200 said:

Frampton was no way near get stopped whilst he was on the ropes. Garcia never had him trouble. 

Frampton has always had stamina issues. 

I didn't say Frampton was in danger I said he should have been stopped and said if Garcia had a killer instinct he would have been.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Straight-Edge-Loyal said:

I didn't say Frampton was in danger I said he should have been stopped and said if Garcia had a killer instinct he would have been.

I still don't see it, he wasn't on the ropes long enough to be in real trouble in my opinion. Even if Garcia had a killer instinct. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, maverick1200 said:

I still don't see it, he wasn't on the ropes long enough to be in real trouble in my opinion. Even if Garcia had a killer instinct. 

Twice Frampton was on the ropes and Garcia had four or five straight punches to the head unanswered. Frampton fought back at that point and did well to not go to sleep.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Straight-Edge-Loyal said:

Twice Frampton was on the ropes and Garcia had four or five straight punches to the head unanswered. Frampton fought back at that point and did well to not go to sleep.

you saying the ref shouldve stopped it? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, maverick1200 said:

I still don't see it, he wasn't on the ropes long enough to be in real trouble in my opinion. Even if Garcia had a killer instinct. 

It wasnt the best frampton performance,  watching the first 3-4 rounds where he was using his feet and jab, some of his shots where mouth watering shots. i just think the second part of the fight was lazy from him, i gave him the first 4 rounds and 3 outa the last 6.  it was like he was going thro the motions  but the fight was entertaining and i think carl could have win every round if this guy was a world champion. Garcia done well but i think carl knew what to expect before the fight. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, sausagetrunks said:

you saying the ref shouldve stopped it? 

No I'm saying if Garcia had more about him then he would have finished Frampton off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Straight-Edge-Loyal said:

No I'm saying if Garcia had more about him then he would have finished Frampton off.

this is why frampton could stand in there, he knew he would not get in trouble. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sausagetrunks said:

this is why frampton could stand in there, he knew he would not get in trouble. 

Maybe but I also feel Frampton was tired by that point because too get caught twice was careless if not outright stupidity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just watching Frampton v Garcia now , usually someone posted it up on youtube and it stays around for a few days . Many viewers in the comments think Frampton  lost it.   

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Straight-Edge-Loyal said:

Maybe but I also feel Frampton was tired by that point because too get caught twice was careless if not outright stupidity.

he will not get away with this against a top level guy, the way he came out for the first 4 i thot it was going to be a stroll. he will need to sort himself out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, adamtricky said:

Just watching Frampton v Garcia now , usually someone posted it up on youtube and it stays around for a few days . Many viewers in the comments think Frampton  lost it.   

 

Na, there is noway he lost it, the guy put up a decent fight thats about it. frampton looking tired and making mistakes that he usually doesn't 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I also don't think Frampton lost it.

But I saw on twitter Stuart Dallas put up a dig about Frampton's knockdown (which was correct) and insinuated the referees were against him. :lol:

Yet again, some of the scorecards were ridiculous. Frampton wasn't at his best last night, far from it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, ben51 said:

I also don't think Frampton lost it.

But I saw on twitter Stuart Dallas put up a dig about Frampton's knockdown (which was correct) and insinuated the referees were against him. :lol:

Yet again, some of the scorecards were ridiculous. Frampton wasn't at his best last night, far from it. 

Frampton was frampton in the first 4, then i dont know what he was at, made a meal out of it. if he boxes like he does usually! he wins the fight really easy. he made a right few mistakes last night. maybe over confident.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, sausagetrunks said:

It wasnt the best frampton performance,  watching the first 3-4 rounds where he was using his feet and jab, some of his shots where mouth watering shots. i just think the second part of the fight was lazy from him, i gave him the first 4 rounds and 3 outa the last 6.  it was like he was going thro the motions  but the fight was entertaining and i think carl could have win every round if this guy was a world champion. Garcia done well but i think carl knew what to expect before the fight. 

 

24 minutes ago, ben51 said:

I also don't think Frampton lost it.

But I saw on twitter Stuart Dallas put up a dig about Frampton's knockdown (which was correct) and insinuated the referees were against him. :lol:

Yet again, some of the scorecards were ridiculous. Frampton wasn't at his best last night, far from it. 

just finished watching it , had Frampton clearly winning 1st 3 rounds , then  struggling with fitness from halfway through, Would only take a point off for the round with the knockdown/slip. Think he wins by a couple of points at most .   98-93 97-93 96-93 scorecards are way off. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, adamtricky said:

 

just finished watching it , had Frampton clearly winning 1st 3 rounds , then  struggling with fitness from halfway through, Would only take a point off for the round with the knockdown/slip. Think he wins by a couple of points at most .   98-93 97-93 96-93 scorecards are way off. 

it wasnt his greatest performance but people have him losing and i cant see it, think people seeing him lose wanted him to get beat, im a wee bit biased maybe because im from Belfast but i love my boxing and cant see a lose for him. Garcia was tough and put in a decent shift. carl couldve made it easier for himself but made a few mistakes and didnt look himself at times, fitness was a issue but he win this fight. 

 

he better step his game up after this, maybe he was just to confident? dunno but it was a decent fight for the crowd.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, sausagetrunks said:

it wasnt his greatest performance but people have him losing and i cant see it, think people seeing him lose wanted him to get beat, im a wee bit biased maybe because im from Belfast but i love my boxing and cant see a lose for him. Garcia was tough and put in a decent shift. carl couldve made it easier for himself but made a few mistakes and didnt look himself at times, fitness was a issue but he win this fight. 

 

he better step his game up after this, maybe he was just to confident? dunno but it was a decent fight for the crowd.   

Think he wins the fight , enjoyed it , was a good contest . Think if his fitness was higher he wouldn't of been covering up on the ropes as much,  taking shots , he would of been on his bike more picking his shots  from distance like at the start of the bout.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sausagetrunks said:

he will not get away with this against a top level guy, the way he came out for the first 4 i thot it was going to be a stroll. he will need to sort himself out.

That's the point I'm making he was lucky to have gotten away with it yesterday if Garcia hit slightly harder or Frampton wasn't as tough Carl went to sleep.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, fanaticCR said:

D9650971-5542-4F37-B4AA-C571EE713BCF.jpeg

Always hated the cunt and now I know why!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, gazza27 said:

Rumours on twitter that haye has pulled out?

Were the injury rumours not put out by Haye's team to wind the fenian mess up?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×