Boxing and MMA

13 hours ago, The Godfather said:

Not a chance. Tyson was a far better fighter while being 5 years younger in his pomp in a far more competitive era in boxing. 

Boxing especially heavyweight boxing is stinking these days

Absolutely. It's frightening how bad it has become.

I've always thought Tyson was overrated but that's an argument for another day.

ehh, either or maybe. Look at his body language when Nate called him out though. Conor McGregor doesn't get that fucking mad, he just doesnt. Plus, why would he go to Iceland yesterday to train of there was a chance of a breakdown over money?

He's failed a random. he'll 'retire' for a year when Edgar and Nate are out of the way and UFC avoid having their golden boy on a 3 fight loss streak.

YOu know what,  I don't think it's money.  I think he is shitting himself and doesn't want slapped about by Diaz again.

A lot of those undefeated fighters kinda go a bit off the rails after a loss.  It shatters their ego.

29 minutes ago, gogzy said:

YOu know what,  I don't think it's money.  I think he is shitting himself and doesn't want slapped about by Diaz again.

A lot of those undefeated fighters kinda go a bit off the rails after a loss.  It shatters their ego.

Like Nas

although he seemed to lose his motivation and his Whole persona was about being undefeated.

Doubt Conor cares, he's made millions from them so will never be the cash again. 

2 hours ago, gogzy said:

I read he was friends with the lad who died in the ring in Dublin and it has made him nervous about going into a fight again. I will try and find it later canny mind where the fuck I read it.

6 minutes ago, ex-guardsman said:

I read he was friends with the lad who died in the ring in Dublin and it has made him nervous about going into a fight again. I will try and find it later canny mind where the fuck I read it.

Read it again. His teammate was the guy the boy fought.he was Brazilian and many more will die as long as extreme weight cutting and poor refereeing/cornermen are a part of the sport

1 minute ago, kaiser1041 said:

Read it again. His teammate was the guy the boy fought.he was Brazilian and many more will die as long as extreme weight cutting and poor refereeing/cornermen are a part of the sport

Ah is that what it was I just seen a snippet thanks for clearing up. It did say it had an affect on him but how much I don't know.

4 minutes ago, Gillete said:

He was pulled as he refused to attend any photo shoots, media appearances & press conferences 

I don't buy it.

Someone is hiding something.

You think they would book to go train in Iceland just for Dana to spring these promotional things into the equation then pull him out the event for not agreeing to it? Dana loves McGregor, and the cash he makes him.

1 hour ago, bombaybadboy08 said:

I don't buy it.

Someone is hiding something.

You think they would book to go train in Iceland just for Dana to spring these promotional things into the equation then pull him out the event for not agreeing to it? Dana loves McGregor, and the cash he makes him.

That was Dana who said it

id agree , something is fishy

13 minutes ago, Gillete said:

That was Dana who said it

id agree , something is fishy

Take your pick which one, in no particular order.

1. Failed a drugs test

2. Shat himself after seeing a death in the sport recently

3. Knows he will get beaten by Diaz, then Aldo/Edgar then probably Anderson Silva and pulled out as he will be branded a mouthy failure.

I certainly don't buy that Dana has just called and asked him to do a promo tour in the middle of a training schedule then taken a huff when McGregor said no. White will make an absolute fortune from a UFC 200 that contains McGregor, even without him promoting it.