Boxing and MMA

4 hours ago, Gillete said:

CM back on UFC200

dana has opened up a can of worms on this one now as fighters over the next few yrs will just not attend a press conference 

Interesting, totally agree that a can of worms have has been opened.  Unless Dana hits him with a massive fine for missing his media duties.

Fuck sake, genuinely feel we have a decent Heavyweight division on the cards if these cunts just get in the ring with each other.

Haye, Fury and Joshua, they need to get in the ring soon.

Joshua defending against Breazele, only one winner, hardly worthy of a title defence.

Haye, waiting to pad his record out some more, I do think there's probably the best boxer out of the three in there, but after his absence, not sure if he has what it takes anymore.

Fury - the only guy actually fighting hard fights, and probably the worst boxer out of them all.

Hope there's movement after this next round of fights, a Joshua Hay or Joshua Fury fight would genuinely be exciting.

28 minutes ago, BigAmo'sThighs said:

Fuck sake, genuinely feel we have a decent Heavyweight division on the cards if these cunts just get in the ring with each other.

Joshua defending against Breazele, only one winner, hardly worthy of a title defence.

Haye, waiting to pad his record out some more, I do think there's probably the best boxer out of the three in there, but after his absence, not sure if he has what it takes anymore.

Fury - the only guy actually fighting hard fights, and probably the worst boxer out of them all.

Hope there's movement after this next round of fights, a Joshua Hay or Joshua Fury fight would genuinely be exciting.

Haye is tied up for 2 fights so he won't be fighting either soon. He'll no doubt step it up after those 2 fights. I doubt Fury will want to fight Haye because of the previous dropped fights. I think we might see Fury v Wilder before any of the big British fights we all want.

Prepare to disappointed as Joshua will not be fighting anyone of note soon. Hearn will take it slowly with Joshua like Wilder did when he won the title. He will no doubt face his mandatory next after Breazele.

27 minutes ago, BigAmo'sThighs said:

All the top fighters have fights, Fury/Wlad , Wilder/Povetkin etc

who else was available for him?

and fury the only one ?  Outwith Wlad, what actual  decent fighter has he fought.Hes fought an over the hill fighter in Wlad. The guy never threw one power punch the whole fight. 

He git lucky to get him at the time he did.

Joshua sparks out fury inside 4

2 minutes ago, maverick1200 said:

Haye is tied up for 2 fights so he won't be fighting either soon. He'll no doubt step it up after those 2 fights. I doubt Fury will want to fight Haye because of the previous dropped fights. I think we might see Fury v Wilder before any of the big British fights we all want.

Prepare to disappointed as Joshua will not be fighting anyone of note soon. Hearn will take it slowly with Joshua like Wilder did when he won the title. He will no doubt face his mandatory next after Breazele.

is Haye tied up for two fights? Wasn't aware of that, I'll google it after this to see the calibre.

I do understand the need for Joshua to build up, but he's far and away the better than any of the fights he's been put in so far, I genuinely think it'll do more damage in the long run if he keeps taking these fights before ''stepping up'' to fight a Fury/etc.

Part of me also hopes Joshua becomes a boxing great, I think he's capable, and was tested against Whyte but other than that, nobody has laid a glove on him. I can see why more and more people are turning to UFC, as 9 times out of 10, a big fight goes ahead, it's planned, it's in the book, and it's all systems go, the biggest and best in the division going for it. Boxing used to be that.

9 minutes ago, Gillete said:

All the top fighters have fights, Fury/Wlad , Wilder/Povetkin etc

who else was available for him?

and fury the only one ?  Outwith Wlad, what actual  decent fighter has he fought.Hes fought an over the hill fighter in Wlad. The guy never threw one power punch the whole fight.

He git lucky to get him at the time he did.

Joshua sparks out fury inside 4

We'll see, I know Fury was tied up with his fight against Wlad, but we'll see if Joshua/haye make a move after that to start discussions on a British Heavyweight showdown, I have my doubts, both camps will likely not fancy it IMO.

Fury has fought the best, I don't like the cunt, but if the fights there he tends to take it. Think he's bang average, but fought Klitscko who embarrassed Haye a year or two prior, and won. He'll obviously have some padding in his record, but Fury comes across as the guy who looks for the best he can fight and challenge himself, I may be wrong (tu)

22 minutes ago, BigAmo'sThighs said:

We'll see, I know Fury was tied up with his fight against Wlad, but we'll see if Joshua/haye make a move after that to start discussions on a British Heavyweight showdown, I have my doubts, both camps will likely not fancy it IMO.

Fury has fought the best, I don't like the cunt, but if the fights there he tends to take it. Think he's bang average, but fought Klitscko who embarrassed Haye a year or two prior, and won. He'll obviously have some padding in his record, but Fury comes across as the guy who looks for the best he can fight and challenge himself, I may be wrong (tu)

Explain how he's fought the best.

yes, you could put Wlad at the top of the tree , but he's finished. 

Respect for him taking it though. 

Before that,he fought Christian Hammer , Dereck Chisora, Joey Abell , a cruiserweight in Steve Cunningham , Kevin Johnson, Vinny Madalone &Martin Rogan.

Hardly the cream of the heavyweight division 

Not one of those guys could take you out with one punch like Povetkin, Wilder, Joshua, Ortiz etc

he got dropped by a cruiserweight , imagine how he will go against a big puncher who will land one right on his chin

56 minutes ago, Gillete said:

Explain how he's fought the best.

yes, you could put Wlad at the top of the tree , but he's finished.

Respect for him taking it though.

Before that,he fought Christian Hammer , Dereck Chisora, Joey Abell , a cruiserweight in Steve Cunningham , Kevin Johnson, Vinny Madalone &Martin Rogan.

Hardly the cream of the heavyweight division

Not one of those guys could take you out with one punch like Povetkin, Wilder, Joshua, Ortiz etc

he got dropped by a cruiserweight , imagine how he will go against a big puncher who will land one right on his chin

Wlad I'm not so sure he is finished, I'm looking forward to seeing what he does on his rematch with Fury, if he's done, he's done, but Fury still fought him when he had every title the heavyweight game had. As for his other fights, those were his level, I never saw any of those fights as a step down in quality, I'm still not convinced he's that good, I think most of those fights were the best he could get at the time. Hammer and Chisora and Abell were all mid level boxers which is what I view Fury as, he stepped up against a out of form/weak/done Wlad, but I believe he's earned his kudos. Agree about Povestkin and Wilder though, those two are among the best and he's yet to test himself against them. (not enamoured with Ortiz) But he has defences to make and rematches to have, I'd like to see what happens after, I'd love to see Wilder given a chance against him for example, but from a British perspective I'd prefer to see Joshua or Haye up against him next.

My main point is though that Fury's been under my radar to an extent and I certainly never expected him to win a heavyweight title, so I may have missed a lot of his lesser fights, but Joshua, for such a unit of a lad and very decent technical boxer to boot, has yet to be tested, you could argue a number of reasons for this, but I've no doubt they've cherry picked the nupmties they know couldn't trouble him. Sprott being a prime example.

17 minutes ago, BigAmo'sThighs said:

Wlad I'm not so sure he is finished, I'm looking forward to seeing what he does on his rematch with Fury, if he's done, he's done, but Fury still fought him when he had every title the heavyweight game had. As for his other fights, those were his level, I never saw any of those fights as a step down in quality, I'm still not convinced he's that good, I think most of those fights were the best he could get at the time. Hammer and Chisora and Abell were all mid level boxers which is what I view Fury as, he stepped up against a out of form/weak/done Wlad, but I believe he's earned his kudos. Agree about Povestkin and Wilder though, those two are among the best and he's yet to test himself against them. (not enamoured with Ortiz) But he has defences to make and rematches to have, I'd like to see what happens after, I'd love to see Wilder given a chance against him for example, but from a British perspective I'd prefer to see Joshua or Haye up against him next.

My main point is though that Fury's been under my radar to an extent and I certainly never expected him to win a heavyweight title, so I may have missed a lot of his lesser fights, but Joshua, for such a unit of a lad and very decent technical boxer to boot, has yet to be tested, you could argue a number of reasons for this, but I've no doubt they've cherry picked the nupmties they know couldn't trouble him. Sprott being a prime example.

They can't just throw Joshua in with guys like fury straight away. That's why guys like Sprott, Cornish are opponents to give him an education.

he has openly stated that's he is further on than he anticipated but couldn't turn dowb the Martin fight for obvious reasons.

The fight v Fury won't happen until next summer as its a Wembley fight which can only happen in the summer time. 

You will see Joshua and Fury  possibly fight a top 10 opponent before the big one.

they wouldn't risk fighting the winner of Wilder or Povetkin come November/December as there will be too much money lost if any of them get beaten before that.

Whoever wins will probably fight wilder for the unification late 2017

4 minutes ago, Gillete said:

They can't just throw Joshua in with guys like fury straight away. That's why guys like Sprott, Cornish are opponents to give him an education.

he has openly stated that's he is further on than he anticipated but couldn't turn dowb the Martin fight for obvious reasons.

The fight v Fury won't happen until next summer as its a Wembley fight which can only happen in the summer time.

You will see Joshua and Fury fight possibly fight a top 10 opponent before the big one.

they wouldn't risk fighting the winner of Wilder or Povetkin come November/December as there will be too much money list of any of them get beaten before that.

Whoever wins will probably fight wilder for the unification late 2017

That's what I'm hoping happens, in a dream world, the winner of that goes onto fight the winner of Wilder/Pov. We'll see, I've had a funny feeling about Joshua for a while now and I hope I'm proved wrong, as I want him to be the number 1 heavyweight, but I hope he's not holding out, say 2/3 years until Haye is no longer on the table and Fury's older and slower.

The fans want to see the biggest go at it in their prime, I hope we get that.

The funny thing is I think Joshua has a better chance against Fury than I do Wilder, but the fans want a British bout and I don't blame them.

1 hour ago, BigAmo'sThighs said:

That's what I'm hoping happens, in a dream world, the winner of that goes onto fight the winner of Wilder/Pov. We'll see, I've had a funny feeling about Joshua for a while now and I hope I'm proved wrong, as I want him to be the number 1 heavyweight, but I hope he's not holding out, say 2/3 years until Haye is no longer on the table and Fury's older and slower.

The fans want to see the biggest go at it in their prime, I hope we get that.

The funny thing is I think Joshua has a better chance against Fury than I do Wilder, but the fans want a British bout and I don't blame them.

I think there's too much money on the table for everyone for it not to happen mate

fury/Joshua , Matchroom , Hennessy etc all get ££££ and the fans get a big night out and a decent fight on the box

i have a funny feeling wlad might KO fury in July.

He was too scared to let the punches go in Germany.

hes nothing to be afraid of now so I think you will see him land flush on Fury at some stage.

Fury saying he has to lose 4 stone so it shows how much he puts on in between fights. 

That will catch up with him like it did Hatton

Wlad is 40 years old now. While he is a fantastic pro, and lives the athletes life, time will catch up with him. To be fair, his last few fights, he has being showing signs of aging and I've never known a fighter to reverse that once it starts to show. 

3-4 years ago, Wlad would have had a tough fight, but ultimately beat Fury pretty easily. 

You're right though. Fury rarely has looked in shape in his career, relying on his sheer size and as his career has progressed - his awkwardness. He's 27 now, and generally speaking, it's about that sort of age it starts to catch up with you - if you don't live the life. 

It is an intriguing fight.

6 hours ago, Badger said:

To be fair, his last few fights, he has being showing signs of aging and I've never known a fighter to reverse that once it starts to show. 

Duran did it a couple of times. Most thought he was finished after Kirkland Laing but he came back to ruin Davey Moore's career and gave the prime version of Hagler his toughest fight. Then retired for two years, returned, worked his way through a load of mediocre decisions against journeymen and a loss to Robbie Sims before eating his fat arse all the way up to middleweight and winning the title off the huge, powerful Iran Barkley, who had just flattened Thomas Hearns.

Admittedly he's a one-off in more ways than one, so probably not worth betting on Wlad to do the same :D

17 hours ago, Gillete said:

I think there's too much money on the table for everyone for it not to happen mate

fury/Joshua , Matchroom , Hennessy etc all get ££££ and the fans get a big night out and a decent fight on the box

i have a funny feeling wlad might KO fury in July.

He was too scared to let the punches go in Germany.

hes nothing to be afraid of now so I think you will see him land flush on Fury at some stage.

Fury saying he has to lose 4 stone so it shows how much he puts on in between fights.

That will catch up with him like it did Hatton

I hope Wlad does KO him.

Can't believe he's 40 though, still looks in great knick too, I hope he's got one last big fight left in him.

What's your thoughts on the Wilder/Pov fight? I saw yesterday he wants to up his weight to around 250. Not sure if that's wise in all honesty, reckon he'll struggle in the later rounds to go the distance, but if he gets his shots away and settles early I think he'll do it. Especially when he already has the height and weight advantage over Pov.

On 26 April 2016 at 11:38 AM, maverick1200 said:

Yeah that's a certainty. The title fight was obviously quite a bit ahead of schedule, but the opportunity was too good to turn down. He'll be having the sort of 'tune up and learn a little' fights that were penned in for this time, just as if he didn't win the title. 

I do expect a big fight in the second half of 2017 though.