Boxing and MMA

On 5/3/2016 at 7:16 PM, Creampuff said:

Mayweather has been teasing a return in some interviews recently. Didn't think his ego would let him stay retired long :lol: 

I think he will fight Danny Garcia maybe September time.

Fury is probably right to retire after this, I think he will get battered but that’s more because he’s not taking it serious and he’s in disgraceful shape for a championship defence.

He has made his millions and probably just wants to enjoy eating/drinking himself into oblivion like Hatton and Naseem Hamed done. Joshua fight would make millions but if he can’t be arsed he can’t be arsed.

Hope Khan gets his arrogant face caved in tomorrow night, the quicker he realises he’s an average fighter the better. Sick of seeing him say he deserved a shot at the likes of Mayweather….he’s pish.

4 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Fury is probably right to retire after this, I think he will get battered but that’s more because he’s not taking it serious and he’s in disgraceful shape for a championship defence.

He has made his millions and probably just wants to enjoy eating/drinking himself into oblivion like Hatton and Naseem Hamed done. Joshua fight would make millions but if he can’t be arsed he can’t be arsed.

Hope Khan gets his arrogant face caved in tomorrow night, the quicker he realises he’s an average fighter the better. Sick of seeing him say he deserved a shot at the likes of Mayweather….he’s pish.

...and if Khan outboxes Canelo over 12 rounds, will that change your mind?

I mean, I agree with you, but if he can win tomorrow my entire opinion of him will change. He didn't have to go up 2 weights to make this fight happen, he chose to do so himself. I respect that, takes a lot of balls. 

1 minute ago, psb07158 said:

...and if Khan outboxes Canelo over 12 rounds, will that change your mind?

I mean, I agree with you, but if he can win tomorrow my entire opinion of him will change. He didn't have to go up 2 weights to make this fight happen, he chose to do so himself. I respect that, takes a lot of balls. 

He doesn't have the chin to handle him.

One clean shot and Khan's leg's go, I can't see Khan dance about for 12 rounds without taking a clean shot.

Who else is there for him to fight £ wise? The best ones in his weight won't go near him as he's not a big enough draw and isn't in their league.

My opinion in regards to how good a boxer he is wont be changing, the mans been sparked out by ridiculously average fighters.

Canelo is just a chicken shit

making every excuse under the sun to swerve GGG even though it's been mandated for over 16 months

hes constantly fighting at a catch weight of 155 instead of the full 160 he holds the belt at. He shouldn't hold the belt if he's no intention of fighting the top mandatory at the correct limit

GGG holds the Aces here not that chicken shit Canelo who picks fighters smaller than him.

Every fight he's 20lbs Bigger than his opponent 

1 hour ago, Gillete said:

Fury contradicting himself today also.

saying he's not going to fight for the IBF again ever in his career

only last wk he said he's retiring after his next fight

Surely by retiring he would also accomplish not fighting for the IBF again?

8 hours ago, Gillete said:

Canelo is just a chicken shit

making every excuse under the sun to swerve GGG even though it's been mandated for over 16 months

hes constantly fighting at a catch weight of 155 instead of the full 160 he holds the belt at. He shouldn't hold the belt if he's no intention of fighting the top mandatory at the correct limit

GGG holds the Aces here not that chicken shit Canelo who picks fighters smaller than him.

Every fight he's 20lbs Bigger than his opponent 

GGG is a fucking animal though, good luck to whoever fights him??

Just caught a brief summary of the Fury/Klitschko conference. Fury looks very agitated and nowhere near the way he did prior to the first fight. He's a fighter that needs the hunger and a big objective. This one won't fill that void like the previous did.

Not purely based on that, but fancy Klitschko to beat him.

think Amir has a chance , but his footwork and defence has to have come on leaps and bounds in his time off. If his idea of 'speed' is still just sitting down and using his hand speed it'll be an identical knockout to Smith Mohomoudi a few weeks back.

hope he does it, canelo's the biggest pussy in all of combat sport

Was going to ask what time ect so thought I would share details as had no idea was on Box Nation.

1. When is the fight?

Khan faces off with Alvarez in the early hours of Sunday morning.

2. Where is the fight?

The two men will be stepping out at the brand new T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada.

The multi-purpose arena, on the Las Vegas Strip, cost £258million to build and opened on April 6 this year.

It has a 20,000 capacity and the battle between Khan and Alvarez will be the first bout at the venue.

3. What time is the fight?

It will be shown live and exclusive on Box Nation (Sky channel 437), with coverage beginning at 1.30am.

The actual bout is expected to take place just after 4am.

Box Nation costs £12 per month and there is no fixed contract, meaning boxing fans only interested in the Khan fight are able to sign up for just a month.

4. What are their professional records?

Amir Khan

Fights - 34

Wins - 31

Wins by KO - 19

Losses - 3

Draws - 0

'Canelo' Alvarez

Fights - 48

Wins - 46

Wins by KO - 32

Losses - 1

Draws - 1

5. Have they met before?

No. Despite both having been around the welterweight division for a number of years, they have never come face-to-face.

Alvarez win: 1/4

Draw: 28/1

Khan win: 3/1

32 minutes ago, keithgersbear said:

I think Canelo is overrated. I'll go with a UD for Khan. Too fast.

Don't know anyone who rates Canelo higher than he deserves except HBO. He still has more than enough about him to knock Amir out cold unless he gets his game plan exactly right.

To have a chance Khan literally has to outrun this guy and to borrow a football term hit on the break trying to amass points.  He definitely does have the ring craft for such a strategy but I would say it's still a very tall order.  This guy has the ability and power to knock Khan flat on his arse at any time while I see no chance at all of Khan winning by knockout.

But all things considered with a bit of luck it could be a good fight.  I like this quote from the BBC referencing last years non event between Mayweather and Pacquiao.

A year on from the Fight of the Century that wasn't even the fight of the night, boxing could do with a classic for the ages in Las Vegas on Saturday.