Boxing and MMA

Big herb with another early stoppage. Mendes was still defending himself with only 10seconds of the round left. A round which he could have won if he had the chance to hold on for a few seconds. I can't believe how gassed out he was though which like Cain Velazquez was his downfall. As much as mcgregor walks the walk I think Aldo would destroy him going on that fight. Mendes should have done better considering how easily he was taking him down.

McGregor is a raging hardon, that said, he took a fair amount of punishment and his standup was vastly superior to Mendes, I'm unsure if Mendes could have got any further up McGregor's arse after the fight even with an operation.

Mendes defence at the end was fucking ridiculous for a high end MMA fighter, amateurish, all he had to do was see out the round.

He had the fight won really on the ground and he made a cunt of it, I believe the stoppage was a bit early but if the whole fight was going to pan out like that then McGregor would have sparked him out sooner or later.

McGregor obviously doesn't live up to his hype and I think he knows that judging by his actions after the fight and showing the respect he neglected in the lead up to the fight, was delighted to see him burst open but my love of the sport meant I wasn't absolutely gutted when he finished the fight.

Briliiant card.

McGregor is a raging hardon, that said, he took a fair amount of punishment and his standup was vastly superior to Mendes, I'm unsure if Mendes could have got any further up McGregor's arse after the fight even with an operation.

Mendes defence at the end was fucking ridiculous for a high end MMA fighter, amateurish, all he had to do was see out the round.

He had the fight won really on the ground and he made a cunt of it, I believe the stoppage was a bit early but if the whole fight was going to pan out like that then McGregor would have sparked him out sooner or later.

McGregor obviously doesn't live up to his hype and I think he knows that judging by his actions after the fight and showing the respect he neglected in the lead up to the fight, was delighted to see him burst open but my love of the sport meant I wasn't absolutely gutted when he finished the fight.

Briliiant card.

best cards in years absolutely no doubt about it.chad mendes was filming a hunting show 12 days before he got the call so he only had those 12 days to prepare which explains a lot.mcgregor looked awful in the fight but his striking was more fluid and I don't actually think the stoppage was a bad one.

best cards in years absolutely no doubt about it.chad mendes was filming a hunting show 12 days before he got the call so he only had those 12 days to prepare which explains a lot.mcgregor looked awful in the fight but his striking was more fluid and I don't actually think the stoppage was a bad one.

Aye fair play to Mendes, you know what it's like when you've went a few rounds, your hands feel too heavy to hold up as time goes on, just expected a bit more from him but when you put it like that then I'm probably being unfair to him.

Interesting to see where they go from here, McGregor's stand up was better than I though but a fully prepared Mendes would probably leather him on the ground.

I see Frankie Edgar wanting a piece as well.

Amir Khan whoring himself on Sky Sports again desperately trying to secure a payday with Mayweather.

Hate the way he always has to refer to himself in the 3rd person at least once in these interviews. Genuinely seems to think he's some sort of superstar.

I dont mind khan, think he is a good fighter. But he has stupidly called mayweather out on so many occasions, went about trying to get the fight the whole wrong way.

I think both Frampton and Quigg will win.

That will then lead to Frampton travelling to England to fight Quigg probably in October / November. After Frampton defeats Quigg he will then have his next bout in New York on St Patrick's day.

Reading about and listening to the Frampton camp suggests this could well be their ultimate plan.

Also just seen that Rigondeaux is probably going to fight Lomachenko at 126lb. That's a brilliant match up. There is such a great array of talent at the moment in and around Bantamweight to super featherweight.

Won't get the hype it deserves but can't wait

Two of the most talented boxers out there