Boxing and MMA

PED's are rife in boxing and have been for years.

Look at Juan Manuel Marquez as an example. Bulked loads, and got stronger as he aged. They are all at it to varying degrees!

Boxing badly needs a single governing body, it would rid the sport of many of it's problems but.... it will never happen. Too many people have fingers in the pie, and everyone wants their slice.

I find it hilarious that people think that these fighters are jumping five, six, even seven or eight weight divisions without getting fat, and while doing huge amounts of cardio and supposedly minimal weight training, and they're doing this naturally.

I find it hilarious that people think that these fighters are jumping five, six, even seven or eight weight divisions without getting fat, and while doing huge amounts of cardio and supposedly minimal weight training, and they're doing this naturally.

It's a fair point but I believe boxers with their fast twitch fibres will find it far easier than the average person to put on muscle. Same logic applies to sprinters.

Plus these guys are going from fairly skinny in the grand scheme of sports, to just a bit less skinny (someone like Pacquiao). Not like they are turning into tanks.

It's a fair point but I believe boxers with their fast twitch fibres will find it far easier than the average person to put on muscle. Same logic applies to sprinters.

Plus these guys are going from fairly skinny in the grand scheme of sports, to just a bit less skinny (someone like Pacquiao). Not like they are turning into tanks.

Sure, but what's weird is the retention of strength, speed and power while packing on that size. Pacquiao, a former title holder at 108lbs who once got knocked out by a jab from a fellow flyweight, dominating a light-middleweight Antonio Margarito and turning his face into pizza? There's just no precedent for that.

And sprinters do a LOT of weight-training. How do you pack on 40lbs of muscle skipping and hitting a heavy bag?

It's hardly PEDs he was taking

It was Saline FFS

The article I posted explains that saline drips are commonly used by dopers to dilute the blood. Lance Armstrong and countless cyclists have testified to setting up saline drips as an emergency measure when they are due to have a drug test, if they know their blood values are suspicious.

It also explains that his testosterone:epitestosterone ratio has been recorded the wrong way around on several occasions. Either he is ill, in which case he shouldn't be fighting, or he is correcting his levels and has overdone it. The question is why?

It's hardly PEDs he was taking

It was Saline FFS

“At the 1998 World Championships,” said rider Jonathan Vaughters, “Lance and Christian [Vande Velde] and Dr Celaya and I stayed at a bed and breakfast. One morning a UCI drug tester showed and began to set up. Dr Celaya went out to the car and retrieved a litre of saline. He hid the saline under his raincoat, walked right past the UCI tester and went into Lance’s room, closed the door and administered the saline to lower Lance’s hematocrit level. Later, [we] had a good laugh about it.”

Sure, but what's weird is the retention of strength, speed and power while packing on that size. Pacquiao, a former title holder at 108lbs who once got knocked out by a jab from a fellow flyweight, dominating a light-middleweight Antonio Margarito and turning his face into pizza? There's just no precedent for that.

And sprinters do a LOT of weight-training. How do you pack on 40lbs of muscle skipping and hitting a heavy bag?

Yeah, definitely not disputing PEDs are rife.

But 40 pounds is definitely achievable over a decade even with less-than-bodybuilding levels of lifting. And assuming diet is in check fat gain is minimal. Suspicious but definitely not impossible.

Chavez v brook how do yo lads see it going.. For me brook on points but he'll be pushed all the way tho.

Also I have never been less interested in a Floyd fight than I have this one. A none contest for your last fight...no buying that that shit he will finish v khan or brook next may Imo.

'Money' Mayweather may not have much money left when the law suits start rolling in.

Always felt he was over-rated and add to that now a cheater!

Boxing genius but at his age and putting his body through what he does at this age, it is no surprise.

Too many cheats in sports, particularly athletics.

No my type, mate but I hope she goes on to a good career after this match.

Paige is some talent(in both ways), love her fighting style.

Not seen much of Calderwood tbh.

jojo has really good Muay Thai but in my opinion her ground game is at blue belt level.ive met her a few times in the grip and she's a really nice lassie.but Paige will dominate her.

jojo has really good Muay Thai but in my opinion her ground game is at blue belt level.ive met her a few times in the grip and she's a really nice lassie.but Paige will dominate her.

Most things used to be about stand up and I loved Muay Thai, I now feel myself drawn to BJJ due to how much it can swing something in your favour.

Paige is a beast in the clinch and on the ground, I just hope she doesn't push herself too far too too early.

• 3 weeks later...

Had a good bet on last night (or so I thought )

I put £50 on Pettis , Namajunas, Bader , DC & Broner , Matthysse in the boxing

Was raging checking it all this morning to learn Matthysse got beat by postol. That was my banker aswell