Sign in to follow this  
Skelf

The Boxing News Thread

Sky Sports News doesn't seem to know that much about boxing, but Skys boxing panel is pretty good, Jim Watt and Johnny Nelson know their stuff.

Nelson is a decent pundit but he's awful at presenting ringside. He's been doing it for well over a year and he still fluffs his lines constantly and seems as nervous as ever. I cringe when I watch him trying to speak to the camera. You can see Adam Smith sitting there with a look that says 'Jesus Christ Johnny...Jesus Christ'.

Agree with this. Ian Darke, Jim Watt and johnny nelson are spot on. Darke and Watt are best commentators IMO.

On the other topic I'm really looking forward to Brook & Hatton. Defeat for Hatton would be the end of the road for him but he is a well disciplined boxer As for Brook this will be his last test before he moves onto bigger things. A defeat for Brook would be a disaster.

Quite a strong undercard too.

Lee Purdy v Adnan Amar

Carl Frampton v Prosper Ankrah for Frampton's commenwealth belt

Kerry Hope v Grzegorz Proksa for Proksa's European belt

Quite a strong undercard too.

Lee Purdy v Adnan Amar

Carl Frampton v Prosper Ankrah for Frampton's commenwealth belt

Kerry Hope v Grzegorz Proksa for Proksa's European belt

Should be a good night of boxing. I can see a wee shock with the hatton and brook fight. Matts his own man now and no longer looked upon as rickys wee brother (tu)

Anybody Seen Adrian Broner Fighting yet? I think he's looked superb everytime i've saw him fight.

Yes he is a very good boxer. Similar style to mayweather IMO he's the very reason Ricky burns move up weight (tu)

Yes he is a very good boxer. Similar style to mayweather IMO he's the very reason Ricky burns move up weight (tu)

Definitely has alot in common with Mayweather, Including the cockiness. Probably a smart move by Burns as i would say that Broner would Beat him but hey.... Who am i to say!!

A fight with Burns could still happen. The only fight that is really left for Broner at super-featherweight is Uchiyama, and I really can't see that fight happening. Another potential opponent could be Roman Martinez, but he's sort of disappeared since his loss to Burns, only fought once since then.

I can see Broner moving up in weight fairly soon. Better competition in the weights above and more money to be made.

A fight with Burns could still happen. The only fight that is really left for Broner at super-featherweight is Uchiyama, and I really can't see that fight happening. Another potential opponent could be Roman Martinez, but he's sort of disappeared since his loss to Burns, only fought once since then.

I can see Broner moving up in weight fairly soon. Better competition in the weights above and more money to be made.

Apparently Gamboas head has been turned by a Broner fight, hence one of the reasons he has reneged on the Rios fight.

I saw some guy called Ola Afolabi boxing the other week on the telly, he won and he was terrific, anyone know much about him? Think he's British, had UJ shorts on but he sounds like a yank.

Every punch hit and hurt his opponent, he wasn't even punching often just fucking belters when he did (tu)

I saw some guy called Ola Afolabi boxing the other week on the telly, he won and he was terrific, anyone know much about him? Think he's British, had UJ shorts on but he sounds like a yank.

Every punch hit and hurt his opponent, he wasn't even punching often just fucking belters when he did (tu)

Seen that fight as well. Was an impressive performance from him.

Regular sparring partner for the Klitschko's apparently.

Apparently Gamboas head has been turned by a Broner fight, hence one of the reasons he has reneged on the Rios fight.

Has that fight been officially called off yet?

There was picture of Gamboa at Mayweather's gym on the day he was meant to be at the presser in New York.

Seen that fight as well. Was an impressive performance from him.

Regular sparring partner for the Klitschko's apparently.

It was very impressive, didn't seem to throw shit ineffective punches just bided his time for the right shots and it worked a treat (tu)

Has that fight been officially called off yet?

There was picture of Gamboa at Mayweather's gym on the day he was meant to be at the presser in New York.

I don't think it's official but it's as good as.

This was the one I was looking forward to the most as well.

He was on the haye v klitsko bill last year , Looked impressive last week and he is now the number 1 contender to fight huck for the cruiserweight title

He was on the haye v klitsko bill last year , Looked impressive last week and he is now the number 1 contender to fight huck for the cruiserweight title

Huck has moved back down to cruiserweight so that fight will happen. Should be good.

I don't think it's official but it's as good as.

This was the one I was looking forward to the most as well.

Me too.

Gamboa is apparently signing with Mayweather Promotions, so that likelihood of that fight ever happening has decreased.

Not exactly a thriller was it?

I would like to see Mitchell vs Burns next. I would say Burns would win but I think Mitchell has the ability to make it more interesting than what we have seen tonight. Unfortunately, we will probably see Crolla or Rees. :anguish:

The Appleby fight wasn't bad (bit of a hometown decision mind) but the most entertaining moment on the undercard was a fat man getting blown out in half a round.

Was it a sellout in braehead ?

Hope it was

I'd rather burns fought Mitchell up here instead of that east-end cockney wanker mitchell shouting about a fight at upton park

Was it a sellout in braehead ?

Hope it was

I'd rather burns fought Mitchell up here instead of that east-end cockney wanker mitchell shouting about a fight at upton park

6.5k sell out I think they said on boxnation.