Boxing and MMA

4 hours ago, The Godfather said:

Like Nas

although he seemed to lose his motivation and his Whole persona was about being undefeated.

Doubt Conor cares, he's made millions from them so will never be the cash again. 

He was undefeated in the UFC but he'd lost before in smaller promotions. 

2 minutes ago, bombaybadboy08 said:

Take your pick which one, in no particular order.

1. Failed a drugs test

2. Shat himself after seeing a death in the sport recently

3. Knows he will get beaten by Diaz, then Aldo/Edgar then probably Anderson Silva and pulled out as he will be branded a mouthy failure.

I certainly don't buy that Dana has just called and asked him to do a promo tour in the middle of a training schedule then taken a huff when McGregor said no. White will make an absolute fortune from a UFC 200 that contains McGregor, even without him promoting it.

Can't really call a guy that knocked out Aldo in 13 seconds a mouthy failure. :lol: He's a brilliant fighter.

1 minute ago, the goal machine said:

Can't really call a guy that knocked out Aldo in 13 seconds a mouthy failure. :lol: He's a brilliant fighter.

All about opinions, his mouth gets him better fights than his talent deserves.

He was fast tracked to that title shot because of his mouth, not his fighting ability, he was allowed to go up a few divisions because of his mouth as well.

Diaz would get destroyed by dos Anjos but still beat McGregor without a training camp.

McGregor has good stand up and had got right into Aldo's head, so for that, Aldo deserved to be sparked out.

The first person who wasn't intimidated by McGregor's trash talk tapped him out.

Jeez, he got the interim title as an unfit Mendes was breathing out his arse after hammering him for most of the fight.

Don't believe the hype, put him in there with Cowboy Cerrone and he would leather him as well.

5 minutes ago, bombaybadboy08 said:

All about opinions, his mouth gets him better fights than his talent deserves.

He was fast tracked to that title shot because of his mouth, not his fighting ability, he was allowed to go up a few divisions because of his mouth as well.

Diaz would get destroyed by dos Anjos but still beat McGregor without a training camp.

McGregor has good stand up and had got right into Aldo's head, so for that, Aldo deserved to be sparked out.

The first person who wasn't intimidated by McGregor's trash talk tapped him out.

Jeez, he got the interim title as an unfit Mendes was breathing out his arse after hammering him for most of the fight.

Don't believe the hype, put him in there with Cowboy Cerrone and he would leather him as well.

Of course it did but he also wouldn't have got those fights if he didn't keep winning. 

The mind games get overstated. He called how he would knock out Aldo then did it, Aldo would overreach then get caught with a counter. Nothing to do with a few insults.

He was also cracking Mendes with body kicks which definitely wouldn't have helped. I'd like to see them have a rematch but don't forget, McGregor had to adapt to fighting a wrestler after training for Aldo. This was with a fucked knee as well.

Maybe, but Cerrone's a brilliant fighter so losing to him wouldn't mean McGregor was all hype. All the best fighters can beat the others on their day and that's what happened with Diaz. 

Just now, the goal machine said:

Of course it did but he also wouldn't have got those fights if he didn't keep winning. 

The mind games get overstated. He called how he would knock out Aldo then did it, Aldo would overreach then get caught with a counter. Nothing to do with a few insults.

He was also cracking Mendes with body kicks which definitely wouldn't have helped. I'd like to see them have a rematch but don't forget, McGregor had to adapt to fighting a wrestler after training for Aldo. This was with a fucked knee as well.

Maybe, but Cerrone's a brilliant fighter so losing to him wouldn't mean McGregor was all hype. All the best fighters can beat the others on their day and that's what happened with Diaz. 

The mind games got him where he is today, let's face it, everyone in the UFC can fight, if you take away all his trash talk on the lead up to fights then watched him fight would you hold the same opinion of him?

I disagree with you regarding the Aldo fight, Aldo was beaten long before he took that walk to the octagon, he had nothing to prove but let himself get sucked in. You only have to compare his reaction to McGregor jumping out the octagon and trying to wind him up originally to what it was like near the fight when he was clearly raging and starting to react.

How many fights can someone lose before it can be said that they are hype?

His stand up is all he has and all a half decent fighter has to do is take him to the deck and he's a goner, that's not what I class as a brilliant fighter.

Quite confident he would lose his next 3 fights(if he fights on) simply because he's not as good as people think he is.

2 minutes ago, bombaybadboy08 said:

The mind games got him where he is today, let's face it, everyone in the UFC can fight, if you take away all his trash talk on the lead up to fights then watched him fight would you hold the same opinion of him?

I disagree with you regarding the Aldo fight, Aldo was beaten long before he took that walk to the octagon, he had nothing to prove but let himself get sucked in. You only have to compare his reaction to McGregor jumping out the octagon and trying to wind him up originally to what it was like near the fight when he was clearly raging and starting to react.

How many fights can someone lose before it can be said that they are hype?

His stand up is all he has and all a half decent fighter has to do is take him to the deck and he's a goner, that's not what I class as a brilliant fighter.

Quite confident he would lose his next 3 fights(if he fights on) simply because he's not as good as people think he is.

I would yeah. No matter what else he does if he continues, he's had some great wins. I find him entertaining but I think he gets underrated due to his talking sometimes.

Will agree to disagree about the Aldo fight. Think it was more just a case of getting caught with a big left.

Well it has to be more than one! And he's already won enough fights against good fighters to show he's not some flash in the pan fluke. Poirier, Holloway and Siver aren't Aldo or Edgar etc but they're good fighters and they didn't give McGregor any problems at all really.

He clearly needs to improve on the ground but he got hurt by Diaz and panicked. Don't think it was completely a case of getting exposed. Would be interested in seeing that fight again as McGregor looked good in the first round.

5 minutes ago, the goal machine said:

I would yeah. No matter what else he does if he continues, he's had some great wins. I find him entertaining but I think he gets underrated due to his talking sometimes.

Will agree to disagree about the Aldo fight. Think it was more just a case of getting caught with a big left.

Well it has to be more than one! And he's already won enough fights against good fighters to show he's not some flash in the pan fluke. Poirier, Holloway and Siver aren't Aldo or Edgar etc but they're good fighters and they didn't give McGregor any problems at all really.

He clearly needs to improve on the ground but he got hurt by Diaz and panicked. Don't think it was completely a case of getting exposed. Would be interested in seeing that fight again as McGregor looked good in the first round.

I do rate him, but I haven't bought into the hype overrating him, that's all.

I hated him until I seen him coach in TUF and he grew on me but I just don't think he is in that top tier of fighters that his mouth currently has him mingling with.

I really want the fight to go ahead as with a full camp behind him I think Diaz would finish him quicker and I agree about the first round in that fight, he was looking ok but I think he lost a bit of heart when he realised he wasn't hurting Diaz.

2 hours ago, bombaybadboy08 said:

Take your pick which one, in no particular order.

1. Failed a drugs test

2. Shat himself after seeing a death in the sport recently

3. Knows he will get beaten by Diaz, then Aldo/Edgar then probably Anderson Silva and pulled out as he will be branded a mouthy failure.

I certainly don't buy that Dana has just called and asked him to do a promo tour in the middle of a training schedule then taken a huff when McGregor said no. White will make an absolute fortune from a UFC 200 that contains McGregor, even without him promoting it.

Failed a drug test is my guess. UFC would be fucked if it's biggest star was found cheating.

McGregor is all about the money. Winning or losing comes second best to the paycheque. 

1 hour ago, SuperPapac05 said:

Failed a drug test is my guess. UFC would be fucked if it's biggest star was found cheating.

McGregor is all about the money. Winning or losing comes second best to the paycheque. 

UFC have had big stars fail drug tests before, it would be nothing new. Especially as McGregor would take all the flak, not them.

It wouldn't be worth them completely destroying their credibility and the credibility of theirs and USADA's drug testing program. If it came out they covered up a failed test, then that would fuck them.

3 hours ago, SuperPapac05 said:

It looks like all conspiracy theories might be false. Dana has already said that if McGregor calls him soon, it's all back on. 

3 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

TGM emotionally sticking up for one of them, shifty eyes I believe is the phrase... :pipe:

:lol: I just like watching him fight, not emotional in the slightest. Especially when all the criticism is a bit daft.

And is "one of them" an Irishman or a Man Utd fan? :pipe: 

1 minute ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Can take your pick, their all scum. :matron:

I don't mind him, tbh, but the whole retired comments have been nonsense. Hopefully an agreement occurs and he gets his ass handed to him by Diaz(again) at UFC 200. :wink:

Think there will be a compromise now. Too much money to leave on the table.

Connor better watch with all this shit as next fight the ufc will stop protecting him and give him a grappler.

if Diaz fights him and beats him again the guy is finished.

but before the goal machine posts pictures of his very own tiger tattoo on his stomach and jumps all over me I will say I respect every single fighter in the game and will add that mcgegor handled defeat a lot better than most