Boxing and MMA

Just now, ex-guardsman said:

Not even a fight just how long can you survive in the ring. Get a real fighter in with him ffs!

Like a one of those Mechanical Bulls at the race night. 

Even Joshua must be bored pounding on these guys, suppose the £ helps but you want to test yourself against the best as soon as you can surely? I suppose the days of Tyson being champion at that age are done if you have to spend 3/4 years fighting no marks to get to that level. 

1 minute ago, The Godfather said:

Like a one of those Mechanical Bulls at the race night. 

Even Joshua must be bored pounding on these guys, suppose the £ helps but you want to test yourself against the best as soon as you can surely? I suppose the days of Tyson being champion at that age are done if you have to spend 3/4 years fighting no marks to get to that level. 

Tyson was doing exactly what he is and he might regret not striking while he is on fire and fighting the big guns in the division that are there as he would destroy Fury and Vlad would struggle but make him an awesome champion instead of us all going ffs fight someone with credit.

7 rounds in the bank won't do AJ any harm for the future , his speed will trouble all the heavyweights out there and I would think we will see a few more match ups like tonights . Haye is number 3 in the IBF rankings and that about sums up the dearth of top class fighters at Heavyweight . 

Just now, TheKingObv said:

Nothing wrong with that sort of opponent for your first title defence.

Completely agree. (tu) 

I think he wanted some ring experience tonight and was glad to see it go as far as the 7th. This is only his 17th fight, you look at Wilder who's nearly on his 40th. Why would he risk a big name in his first defence? 

The big fights will come with Josh, you've just got to give him time. The kid wants to unify the division, but you've got to remember he's still learning his trade.

Just now, ben51 said:

Completely agree. (tu) 

I think he wanted some ring experience tonight and was glad to see it go as far as the 7th. This is only his 17th fight, you look at Wilder who's nearly on his 40th. Why would he risk a big name in his first defence? 

The big fights will come with Josh, you've just got to give him time. The kid wants to unify the division, but you've got to remember he's still learning his trade.

Definitely. Before tonight he only had 33 pro rounds, and an extremely limited amateur career. The guy is a novice.

He's been managed perfectly tbh. Don't see how people can criticise his level of opponents when he's the world champion within 16 fights.

Would be ridiculous to fight a top contender in your first defence anyway. Completely different ball game being hunted and not the hunter.

Disappointed in aj tonight. IMO those are they sort of guys he should be dispatching easy. Big fuckin lump that stood with his hands up all night shouldn't take 7 rounds to get him out of there. Parker will be the exact same Imo.

I have said it from the Whyte fight Imo fury will beat AJ doesn't matter when that fight happens. Parker Imo will be his last fight of the year.

my 2017 aj fight wish list

price, Haye, fury?

3 hours ago, ben51 said:

Completely agree. (tu) 

I don't buy this shite the kid is still learning his trade, he's only a year younger than fury. Not a prospect anymore he's ibf champion. Get him in with someone who will fight back instead of hearns hand picked opponents

2 hours ago, GlasgowsBlue said:

I don't buy this shite the kid is still learning his trade, he's only a year younger than fury. Not a prospect anymore he's ibf champion. Get him in with someone who will fight back instead of hearns hand picked opponents

When Fury turned pro, Joshua was picking up a pair of gloves for the first time ffs :lol:

Terrible comparison. 

Before tonight AJ had fought 30-odd rounds as a professional, on top of an amateur career of about 30-40 bouts. Of course he's learning his trade.

4 hours ago, GlasgowsBlue said:

Up until he fought Klitchko, Fury hadn't fought anyone much tougher than Joshua's opponents. 

I don't really get how Fury went into a fight as a joke contender, won, then is all of a sudden this elite heavyweight. One fight seems to have changed the context of his entire career. He's getting better every day he doesn't fight.

Assuming Joshua takes a mandatory next, then Haye, I'd back him heavily to beat Fury.