Boxing and MMA

20 minutes ago, Badger said:

Entertaining scrap between Thurman and Porter.

Thurman is the better boxer, but Porters energetic and swarming style gives anyone a tough fight.

One of the best I've seen this year mate!

Maybe I'm absolutely off my head, but starting to wonder if Joshua is REALLY punching as hard as people are saying. Looked immensely frustrated in his corner after the fight,went absolutely scripto at whoever tried to wipe his nosebleed. 

Don't get me wrong, he has 1 punch ko power, but can't help but thinking it might not be as far and away more significant than the  other top level heavyweights as most are letting on. His speed is the main weapon, and speed and timing are more important for knockouts. Breazeale and Dillian Whyte took his shots pretty well for 7 rounds, Whyte has never really until now got it right in training and Breazeale was an incredibly basic operator. Most importantly though, Amir Mansour whos 47th on boxrec had Breazeale doing fucking cartwheels. idk just a thought.

Rounds in the bank are important but that was largely an exhibition. Joshua looked very static and predictable to me, same combos, chin in the air, little to no head movement or little feints. Jab was slightly sharper on the plus side. Still no doubt in my mind that Fury takes him to school. Actually changed my mind on Wilder as well, would fancy him to chin AJ as well as Haye. And Luis Ortiz destroys every man in the division, bar none. But no ones gonna fight him. 

11 hours ago, KingKirk said:

Disappointed in aj tonight. IMO those are they sort of guys he should be dispatching easy. Big fuckin lump that stood with his hands up all night shouldn't take 7 rounds to get him out of there. Parker will be the exact same Imo.

I have said it from the Whyte fight Imo fury will beat AJ doesn't matter when that fight happens. Parker Imo will be his last fight of the year.

my 2017 aj fight wish list

price, Haye, fury?

AJ will wipe all 3 of them out.

"Team Fury/Hennessy Sports: We are baffled by today's story in the Sunday Mirror. Tyson Fury absolutely denies any allegation of doping. He looks forward to recovering from his injury and defending his titles against Wladimir Klitschko in October."

3 hours ago, Vanoli said:

Maybe I'm absolutely off my head, but starting to wonder if Joshua is REALLY punching as hard as people are saying. Looked immensely frustrated in his corner after the fight,went absolutely scripto at whoever tried to wipe his nosebleed. 

Don't get me wrong, he has 1 punch ko power, but can't help but thinking it might not be as far and away more significant than the  other top level heavyweights as most are letting on. His speed is the main weapon, and speed and timing are more important for knockouts. Breazeale and Dillian Whyte took his shots pretty well for 7 rounds, Whyte has never really until now got it right in training and Breazeale was an incredibly basic operator. Most importantly though, Amir Mansour whos 47th on boxrec had Breazeale doing fucking cartwheels. idk just a thought.

Rounds in the bank are important but that was largely an exhibition. Joshua looked very static and predictable to me, same combos, chin in the air, little to no head movement or little feints. Jab was slightly sharper on the plus side. Still no doubt in my mind that Fury takes him to school. Actually changed my mind on Wilder as well, would fancy him to chin AJ as well as Haye. And Luis Ortiz destroys every man in the division, bar none. But no ones gonna fight him. 

Ortiz? Haha 

aye right 

3 hours ago, Gillete said:

Ortiz? Haha 

aye right 

He's fucking brilliant. Angles, timing and power are terrifying. He would beat everyone bar Fury at least. 

Was going to end this post with you'll see, but you won't. no one will fight him until he's over the hill. 

1 hour ago, Vanoli said:

He's fucking brilliant. Angles, timing and power are terrifying. He would beat everyone bar Fury at least. 

Was going to end this post with you'll see, but you won't. no one will fight him until he's over the hill. 

I agree he's a decent fighter mate, but Wilder Fury & AJ beat him 

he's too old for these boys going 12 rounds 

1 minute ago, Gillete said:

I agree he's a decent fighter mate, but Wilder Fury & AJ beat him 

he's too old for these boys going 12 rounds 

Fury vs Wlad will be the only Heavyweight title fight to go 12 rounds for the next 3 years imo. 

I agree about the age tho. Duck him for 2 years and it'll be a very winnable fight for them. He's 37, and a Cuban 37 after all. 

28 minutes ago, Vanoli said:

Fury vs Wlad will be the only Heavyweight title fight to go 12 rounds for the next 3 years imo. 

I agree about the age tho. Duck him for 2 years and it'll be a very winnable fight for them. He's 37, and a Cuban 37 after all. 

He's got great power but he's slow and ponderous now 

outwith jennings (who's not great anyway) he hadn't beaten any half decent fighter 

Thompson was finished and was slower than Chisora and Kevin Johnson if that was even possible 

10 minutes ago, gogzy said:

is 200 this weekend?

anigif_enhanced-6217-1423154294-2.gif

UFC 200  SAT. JUL. 9, 2016  CORMIER VS. JONES 2

Jon Jones vs. Daniel Cormier TITLE FIGHT

Brock Lesnar vs. Mark Hunt

Miesha Tate vs. Amanda Nunes TITLE FIGHT

Jose Aldo vs. Frankie Edgar TITLE FIGHT

Travis Browne vs. Cain Velasquez

UNDERCARD

Julianna Pena vs. Cat Zingano

Kelvin Gastelum vs. Johny Hendricks

T.J. Dillashaw vs. Raphael Assuncao

Sage Northcutt vs. Enrique Marin

Joe Lauzon vs. Diego Sanchez

Thiago Santos vs. Gegard Mousasi

Takanori Gomi vs. Jim Miller

33 minutes ago, ex-guardsman said:

anigif_enhanced-6217-1423154294-2.gif

UFC 200  SAT. JUL. 9, 2016  CORMIER VS. JONES 2

Jon Jones vs. Daniel Cormier TITLE FIGHT

Brock Lesnar vs. Mark Hunt

Miesha Tate vs. Amanda Nunes TITLE FIGHT

Jose Aldo vs. Frankie Edgar TITLE FIGHT

Travis Browne vs. Cain Velasquez

UNDERCARD

Julianna Pena vs. Cat Zingano

Kelvin Gastelum vs. Johny Hendricks

T.J. Dillashaw vs. Raphael Assuncao

Sage Northcutt vs. Enrique Marin

Joe Lauzon vs. Diego Sanchez

Thiago Santos vs. Gegard Mousasi

Takanori Gomi vs. Jim Miller

holy fuck thats an amazing card.   so glad I got th night off,  all i need to do is convince the boss to let me work backshift on sunday and I am watching it live.