Boxing and MMA

On 02/09/2016 at 3:20 PM, KingKirk said:

just watched the behind the ropes program on GGG cunt eats like a horse and just burns it off easy

both programs are available on demand now one of brooks training to.

just watched it GGG and trainer come across as decent guys . 

I like Brook , he's a talented fighter , but I think he will be cruelly exposed at the weekend .

I understand his frustration at missing out on some big money fights and admire him taking this bout but sometimes a boxer needs protected from their own bravery . Once again though ,the only thing the promoters are bothered about is the bottom line . The next cash cow (Eubank jnr, Benn jnr etc) will be along soon .

1 hour ago, KingKirk said:

Early rounds so important if brook can handle the power then I think he could win on points.

That's the key for me.

Easy to say GGG will knock him out, it's hard to disagree, but IF Brooks can handle the punching power and it's a big if, IMO Brooks is the classier boxer. 

Technically world class, Mayweather-Canelo could very well be his blueprint.

1 hour ago, Ryan_1 said:

That's the key for me.

Easy to say GGG will knock him out, it's hard to disagree, but IF Brooks can handle the punching power and it's a big if, IMO Brooks is the classier boxer. 

Technically world class, Mayweather-Canelo could very well be his blueprint.

If brook is still standing at the final bell, Hes won as you say he 100% the classier boxer. 

Golovkin is a classy fighter too though - his amateur pedigree is outstanding. In fact I'm a little perplexed where 'Brook is the better boxer" comes from - I'm seeing it a lot on social media and other forums.

I can't see any way Brook wins this. If he lasts 12 then he's went running for most of the rounds. I do rate Brook - indeed I think he's a bit under rated -  I think he'll give a good account of himself but... I don't think he can match Golovkin comparing nearly every fundamental attribute. 

Golovkin is a very complete fighter, and very adaptable. His footwork, jab, and combination punching rarely get spoken about, but all are world class if not flashy. His ability to cut a ring off is superb, his moving in and out is superb, and whilst not possessing electrifying handspeed, he is effective, intelligent and accurate with his combinations and jabs. Add that to strong work rate, devasting offence, and good defence - he is a formidable opponent. This isn't a Jeff Lacy or some other hype job coming over.

I've said before, the only things that might beat Golovkin are father time, illness/injury, or jumping up to light heavy (he is too small IMO). I see nobody between 154 and 168 beating a fit and healthy GGG.

Brook will win the early rounds while GGG softens his body up with big shots. Come around 6 rounds in and Brook will be struggling due to the pasting his body has taken and GGG will start to close the gap.

I think GGG will stop him around round 8 but if not he will go on to win a marginal points decision.

20 hours ago, reallyruff said:

GGG in 3. Brook will then fight Eubank jr as precursor to latter fighting GGG, that way the money gets spread around.

Amir Khan will start chasing a fight with Brook after this. After saying he would never fight him when asked about it after losing to Canelo.

Unless this fight is a total disaster though I don't see Brook going back down to welterweight. He's admitted he struggles to make the weight so I could see him vacating.

7 minutes ago, TheLoudenTavernier said:

Amir Khan will start chasing a fight with Brook after this. After saying he would never fight him when asked about it after losing to Canelo.

Unless this fight is a total disaster though I don't see Brook going back down to welterweight. He's admitted he struggles to make the weight so I could see him vacating.

Don't see much credibility in a fight with Khan for Brook. Agree he will probably vacate.

What would you consider a disaster for him against GGG? Any defeat will most likely be deemed as expected, it is GGG after all. If Hearn is to be believed then Eubank was the preferred fight for GGG but didn't sign by the deadline so a match between Brook and Eubank would seem obvious as a precursor to either Eubank taking on GGG or a rematch with Brook if he takes care of Eubank. Only issue for Hearn may be what does GGG do whilst this plays out.

16 minutes ago, reallyruff said:

Don't see much credibility in a fight with Khan for Brook. Agree he will probably vacate.

What would you consider a disaster for him against GGG? Any defeat will most likely be deemed as expected, it is GGG after all. If Hearn is to be believed then Eubank was the preferred fight for GGG but didn't sign by the deadline so a match between Brook and Eubank would seem obvious as a precursor to either Eubank taking on GGG or a rematch with Brook if he takes care of Eubank. Only issue for Hearn may be what does GGG do whilst this plays out.

Eubank bottled it. He talks himself up for all these big fights like GGG and the rematch with Saunders etc. but then continues to fight human punch bags at British level. As far as I've read, Hearn hasn't even spoke to the Eubanks since that fight fell through so I'd be surprised if he gets another shot.

I'm 99% sure Brook loses this fight, I think we all are, I'd only consider it a disaster for him if he comes out and gets blown away within the first couple of rounds or knocked out in a similar fashion to Khan v Canelo. I don't think it will happen though I think he'll give a solid account of himself but fall short in the end.

15 hours ago, Badger said:

Golovkin is a classy fighter too though - his amateur pedigree is outstanding. In fact I'm a little perplexed where 'Brook is the better boxer" comes from - I'm seeing it a lot on social media and other forums.

I can't see any way Brook wins this. If he lasts 12 then he's went running for most of the rounds. I do rate Brook - indeed I think he's a bit under rated -  I think he'll give a good account of himself but... I don't think he can match Golovkin comparing nearly every fundamental attribute. 

Golovkin is a very complete fighter, and very adaptable. His footwork, jab, and combination punching rarely get spoken about, but all are world class if not flashy. His ability to cut a ring off is superb, his moving in and out is superb, and whilst not possessing electrifying handspeed, he is effective, intelligent and accurate with his combinations and jabs. Add that to strong work rate, devasting offence, and good defence - he is a formidable opponent. This isn't a Jeff Lacy or some other hype job coming over.

I've said before, the only things that might beat Golovkin are father time, illness/injury, or jumping up to light heavy (he is too small IMO). I see nobody between 154 and 168 beating a fit and healthy GGG.

Spot on badger. Its not beyond a chance that GGG takes brook the full 12 but puts on a masterclass in boxing. The mans placement of punches is just as incredible as the power in them. 

The closer we get to the fight sky and eddie hearn will have whipped the casual into a frenzy and convinced them that brook is going to do it but believe me when i say brook has 0% chance. Thats not a slur on brook btw as i dont believe any man gives GGG trouble other than an unlikely match up with andre ward.

Enjoy it while it last lads:beer1: