Boxing and MMA

Just now, Supersonic said:

I can Reem taking it. Feel like he has more tools, but his chin's been suspect for a while... you?

I'm with you man I think Overeem takes it, he's such a talented striker and since he's no packing a shit tonne of excess muscle I think he's way more capable of going 5 rounds than he was previously.

Just now, lidorfc said:

I'm with you man I think Overeem takes it, he's such a talented striker and since he's no packing a shit tonne of excess muscle I think he's way more capable of going 5 rounds than he was previously.

I would really like to see wee Jojo pull out another shit hot performance like she did just a wee while ago against that Valerie lass!

Be a tough as fuck fight, but I hope this 2nd full camp at Tristar does her a world of good (tu)

1 minute ago, Supersonic said:

I would really like to see wee Jojo pull out another shit hot performance like she did just a wee while ago against that Valerie lass!

Be a tough as fuck fight, but I hope this 2nd full camp at Tristar does her a world of good (tu)

That's a great fucking fight man, how Calderwood deals with Andrade trying to swarm her will determine how she does in the fight, Andrade is one of those fighters that throws 10 punches to land 1 good punch.

1 minute ago, gogzy said:

WTF,  did I just see CM punk on the fight card?    He finally put his big boy pants on?

:lol: Yes he's eventually making his debut. I hope he wins man, I don't even watch wrestling but I like him from what I've seen in interviews.

11 minutes ago, lidorfc said:

:lol: Yes he's eventually making his debut. I hope he wins man, I don't even watch wrestling but I like him from what I've seen in interviews.

Is he fighting a nobody?  If so then he will probably win.  If he loses on his debut, he will be back in WWE in a month :lol:

1 minute ago, gogzy said:

Is he fighting a nobody?  If so then he will probably win.  If he loses on his debut, he will be back in WWE in a month :lol:

Michael Gall, he's 2-0 in his MMA career, young kid. At the weigh in it looked like CM Punk got in his head man :lol: Gall wanted to shake hands and Punk just dingied the gesture and Gall was no amused, started bitching then stuck his middle finger up at him.  

The whole fight was a set up to an extent. Hearn is a money grabbing, shit talking knob head who constantly exploits boxing fans.

The reason it looked like Brook gave GGG a decent fight was because he deliberately emptied his tank in the first 5 rounds. Brook was able to make it look competitive for a few rounds simply because he used up 10 or 12 rounds of energy in 5 rounds which he knew he could never sustain. He knew that marketing wise he was in a win win position regardless of win or lose due to the way Hearn and his media pawns would spin it.

GGG just done his job and fought at a legitimate pace which he would've sustained for 12 rounds if necessary and it was more than enough.

Any top professional can go out and throw lots of big power shots with a high output and look good for several rounds from fresh if they don't intend going 12 rounds. Brooks game plan was to go out and try and knock GGG out and if it doesn't work and he starts to ship punishment then they will pull him out. 100%.

Hearn and Brooks camp had this set up from the start and the poor fans who paid good money on tickets and pay per view were short changed once again. Hearns claims about Brook being ahead on the official score cards also is either total fabrication or total farcical. He's a money grabbing leech.

This CM Punk fight is so interesting and impossible to predict. 

Mickey Gall's amateur record is 2-0, same as his pro record.

However, the 2 guys he faced in ammy fights - 1 of them is 0-3 and the other is currently 3-3

His pro record almost seems worse though - both guys are 0 wins 1 loss in pro fights (those two guys have shit ammy records too, 0-1 and 2-3)

The kid has beaten absolutely nobody of any worth but you have to start somewhere and get fights like that under your belt. 

CM Punk started training what, 2 years ago at 34 years old and outside of "gym wars" hasn't actually fought anyone sadly. 

Feels like a win-win for Punk and lose-lose for Gall.

Fuck being Gall if he's the guy "that lost to CM Punk"

you would think fighters would be lined up to slap the new boy back to wwe.    no idea why it's such a low totem pole fighter he is fighting first.  He might only have 4 or 5 fights in him, you would think dana would be trying to fast track him into big money fights.

punk has everything to lose its win or literally burst for him he can't go back to the WWE after this there is no way they touch him there's about 5 law suits between them and a Fair bit of hatred between them all so if its wrestling he goes back to its TNA or RoH he has to win otherwise he is fucked.

11 minutes ago, Supersonic said:

This CM Punk fight is so interesting and impossible to predict. 

Mickey Gall's amateur record is 2-0, same as his pro record.

However, the 2 guys he faced in ammy fights - 1 of them is 0-3 and the other is currently 3-3

His pro record almost seems worse though - both guys are 0 wins 1 loss in pro fights (those two guys have shit ammy records too, 0-1 and 2-3)

The kid has beaten absolutely nobody of any worth but you have to start somewhere and get fights like that under your belt. 

CM Punk started training what, 2 years ago at 34 years old and outside of "gym wars" hasn't actually fought anyone sadly. 

Feels like a win-win for Punk and lose-lose for Gall.

Fuck being Gall if he's the guy "that lost to CM Punk"

Punk really can't lose in this fight, it's a strange situation because even though Gall has only had 2 professional fights, all the pressure is on him and there is absolutely no pressure on Punk. If he loses he wasn't expected to win, if he wins then it's a great story. 

Just now, lidorfc said:

Punk really can't lose in this fight, it's a strange situation because even though Gall has only had 2 professional fights, all the pressure is on him and there is absolutely no pressure on Punk. If he loses he wasn't expected to win, if he wins then it's a great story. 

Plus win or lose, punk should get the respect for getting in there and giving it a good fucking try!

On a different note, if Jessica Eye loses this, she has to get cut, her record is fucking awful and she's on a 3 fight losing streak as it is :lol:

Still absolutely mental to me to think Bethe about 4 years ago was an accounting student about to turn 30, had never trained MMA in her life then decided to give it a go and fought her way to a fucking title fight in Brazil with Ronda last year after 3 wins in the UFC against fucking nobodies :lol:

In no other division is that shit even remotely possible... except maybe heavyweight :lol: