Boxing and MMA

2 minutes ago, gogzy said:

At least when Brock moved here, he came with a legit world class wrestling background, and he is a genetic freak ( with a lot of help obv).

Punk is just a dude, like any of us, who has never even has an amatuer fight, he couldn't expect that to have went any other way :lol:      He is a tough dude tbh, he took some fucking bombs on the deck.

The worst thing about it is it puts to rest those thoughts in your heid of "If I put in the time I could well do that"

:lol: 

1 minute ago, lidorfc said:

The worst thing about it is it puts to rest those thoughts in your heid of "If I put in the time I could well do that"

:lol: 

:lol:  If you are still in your early 20s then maybe, just maybe....

At 37, just stay in and watch it on the telly ffs :D

Just now, Supersonic said:

Travis Browne is another one who started late as fuck. 

Boxing and BJJ at 26 - fair enough that's now 8 years ago but still, pretty late considering!

He made it to ranked 3rd in the heavyweight division for fucksake at one point, 1 win short of title shot haha

He started at 26? Still hope for me then :D 

Just now, lidorfc said:

He started at 26? Still hope for me then :D 

Aye, took up boxing and bjj at 26 - only sports shit he did previously was basketball :lol:

Jimi Manuwa is another - started MMA at 28-ish and he's kicking about the LHW rank 8th (he's 36 now)

Cowboy didn't take up kickboxing til he was 20 or in his very early 20's - 13 years in the game now but haha