Sign in to follow this  
Skelf

The Boxing News Thread

16 hours ago, SteveEarle said:

AJ should maybe consider getting Klitschko in his corner. That would be box office! Like Rocky an Apollo Creed!ūüėā

Nah he cant train joshua in the ways of quick hands and feet, he should ask the manny pacquiao, he'd be some trainer lol

SteveEarle likes this

I watched the AJ fight in full last night,  it was actually how scary how someone the size and shape of Ruiz was picking him off...he looked like he was wearing concrete boots....Tyson Fury would outbid him into submission with his reach advantage 

3 hours ago, hammer93 said:

I watched the AJ fight in full last night,  it was actually how scary how someone the size and shape of Ruiz was picking him off...he looked like he was wearing concrete boots....Tyson Fury would outbid him into submission with his reach advantage 

He made the mistake of allowing ruiz to get in close, he had what? An 8inch reach advantage, ruiz shouldn't have gotten near AJ

We got Tyson Fury vs Tom Schwarz live from the MGM Grand Las Vegas on bt ppv and Josh Warrington vs Kid Galahad on normal bt sport over the weekend. Never in a million years did I expect Andy Ruiz Jr to defeat Anthony Joshua. Is Eddie Hearn to blame

for all this? Ed certainly has some explaining to to do.Hope we don't see an upset in Las Vegas cause we all want the heavyweight saga to long continue. Anyway will be setting my alarm for 3am and Saturday morning I'm buying that extra EXTRA food & drink.

And you never know Luis Ortiz could KO Deontay Wilder in his fight sometime in September.

Just now, Laudrup1984 said:

Warrington beats Kid Galahad with split decision. 

Not a great spectacle to watch. Galahad impressive. Couldn't really call the fight myself. So tough to score.

Same. I stopped trying to score it after 4 rounds. It deserved to be a draw I think. 

Laudrup1984 likes this

I think its a classic case of the champ getting benefit of the doubt.

Whilst their is a strong case for Galahad winning the fight, the case for him "beating" the champ is less convincing. It was a very very close fight.

2 minutes ago, sausagetrunks said:

if i was Warrington id have a rematch to put that right, the majority thot he lost that fight. 

I think he got the decision for being the busier fighter. But most of his shots didn't land. He had 1 eye catching burst each round but Barry had sustained 1 luch pot shots. 

It's not a robbery as it was so difficult to score. Could of easily gone either way. 

22 minutes ago, maverick1200 said:

I think he got the decision for being the busier fighter. But most of his shots didn't land. He had 1 eye catching burst each round but Barry had sustained 1 luch pot shots. 

It's not a robbery as it was so difficult to score. Could of easily gone either way. 

its not a robbery but you dont win fights by swinging at mid air, JW is a real busy fighter, KG took the fight away from him, controlled the pace, had more eye catching shots and made JW look bad. yes KG could have been a bit busier but he went and used his tools and done a job on JW. I cant stand KG but imo he win that fight.  thats two loses JW has for me, kiko Martinez and KG. 

5 hours ago, sausagetrunks said:

its not a robbery but you dont win fights by swinging at mid air, JW is a real busy fighter, KG took the fight away from him, controlled the pace, had more eye catching shots and made JW look bad. yes KG could have been a bit busier but he went and used his tools and done a job on JW. I cant stand KG but imo he win that fight.  thats two loses JW has for me, kiko Martinez and KG. 

I thought the same. A lot of the pressure came from KG too. I was really impressed by KG. 

sausagetrunks likes this