Boxing and MMA

14 minutes ago, ben51 said:

He said that he thinks he's close to suicide. 

BJS is a fucking moron though. 

If Fury is genuinely unwell someone in his family needs to grab him by the scruff of the neck take him off social media and get him the help he needs. They're simply encouraging the circus around him. Which makes me believe its not as bad as it seems. Which is wrong because mental health is very serious and suicide is a major problem with young men in this country. 

The problem with that though is that too many round him rely on the circus to line their pockets and sustain their lifestyle . Fury is not the first and won't be the last sportsman who finds out that friends and even family can disappear like snow off a dyke once the limelight starts to fade . Hopefully enough people round about him listen to the likes of BJS and care enough to do something to help long term even if it means they have to step out of the " in crowd " to help .

TBH it's not Eddie Hearn, it's Sky tv. If warren was still with sky we would be saying the same thing I think 

fury has has brought it on himself and it's absolutely nothing to do with race/gypsies etc.

for yrs he's been winding people up on social media and coming out with ridiculous statements about religion etc. 

Hes marmite, you either love him or hate him

7 minutes ago, Gillete said:

TBH it's not Eddie Hearn, it's Sky tv. If warren was still with sky we would be saying the same thing I think 

fury has has brought it on himself and it's absolutely nothing to do with race/gypsies etc.

for yrs he's been winding people up on social media and coming out with ridiculous statements about religion etc. 

Hes marmite, you either love him or hate him

Spot on mate . While Sky's money has been great for the boxers who appear on their platform , it has done more harm elsewhere . The need to attach some sort of title in order to sell the fight has led to the absurd amount of " international" " junior" "silver"  belts on the go nowadays . Even run of the mill fighters can end up fighting for some sort of title now and subsequently small hall promoters have to fork out more to get these boxers on their shows so in turn the ordinary fight fan ends up paying more to see an average show because a belt is up for grabs .

As you say big Fury has used the media to hype himself up and bag some big payday's on his route to the top , and he's not the first to find out that those who build you up can be just as quick to pull you down . Whither or not he has depression , I'm not sure but I think he 's finding out now that some of his smart-arse comments although maybe a wind up are now being used as ammunition by the enemies he's made . Nothing to do with being Irish ? / Gypsy etc , more to do with those he ripped the piss from in the past seizing the chance to hit back .

1 hour ago, Gillete said:

To be fair he's the target of a massive amount of anti-gypsy abuse, directly on twitter and indirectly elsewhere (including on here), and it was coming long before he came out with all the homophobic shit. It's not really about him though, it's just the last mainstream form of racism. It's especially funny to see people on Twitter criticising him FOR being a bigot while calling him a "gypo cunt" and all that. I mean, the fucking state of this :lol: 

Surprised stripping Fury of the titles is even a question now. 

Won the titles in Nov 2015, won't be able to defend them until into 2017 now. Twice cancelled defences because of 'medical reasons' which turned out to be doping violations. Refused a random drugs test, tested positive for a banned substance, tested positive for cocaine, admitted taking cocaine, now under genuine threat of having his licence to fight revoked (which it absolutely should be). 

The only question left is who Klitschko fights for the vacant belts.

39 minutes ago, Creampuff said:

Surprised stripping Fury of the titles is even a question now. 

Won the titles in Nov 2015, won't be able to defend them until into 2017 now. Twice cancelled defences because of 'medical reasons' which turned out to be doping violations. Refused a random drugs test, tested positive for a banned substance, tested positive for cocaine, admitted taking cocaine, now under genuine threat of having his licence to fight revoked (which it absolutely should be). 

The only question left is who Klitschko fights for the vacant belts.

Have a title eliminator between AJ and Wilder, winner fights Kiltschko to unify the division? 

1 hour ago, LiviGer said:

Have a title eliminator between AJ and Wilder, winner fights Kiltschko to unify the division? 

Think Parker is higher up in the rankings (WBO I think) so he would get a crack at that unless he's paid step aside money first 

4 minutes ago, Gillete said:

Think Parker is higher up in the rankings (WBO I think) so he would get a crack at that unless he's paid step aside money first 

Ranked higher than AJ or Wilder? Or both?

Wilder is the WBC champion and AJ is the IBF champion so those to fight for those titles then fight Klitschko to unify the devision would be my guess. 

23 minutes ago, LiviGer said:

Wilder is the WBC champion and AJ is the IBF champion so those to fight for those titles then fight Klitschko to unify the devision would be my guess. 

I'm not sure the men with the money want someone to hold all the belts.

1 hour ago, Creampuff said:

I'm not sure the men with the money want someone to hold all the belts.

Surely as a fighter you want to achieve everything you can? Only so much a promoter can do to keep his fighter happy. If he wants to unify a devision and the promoter says no I think the fighter will find a promoter that will let him try for that. 

3 hours ago, LiviGer said:

Parker is highest as he's not got a title. If you hold the IBF like AJ , you can't be ranked with another organisation. Hence the reason Parker is in line for the WBO if it's freed up by fury 

On 3 October 2016 at 9:10 PM, dee9 said:

100% Spot on.

The guy has transformed british boxing. People need to remember first and foremost eddie hearn is a businessman but nobody can deny that he has been a breath of fresh air these last few years. 

Plus the fact his interviews with IFLTV are :praise::lol:

Transformed? Absolutely not. Significantly improved, I guess so. But bare this in mind, the years in between post-Mayweather knockout Hatton and Matchroom exclusivity on Sky were the worst years in British boxing history. After Froch Groves it has seriously kicked into gear, but even now for every Golovkin Brook you have a Bellew Cleverly. How about when Matchroom were still on the come up ? Have you forgotten Haye Harrison ?:power_of_anguish:

1 hour ago, Vanoli said:

Transformed? Absolutely not. Significantly improved, I guess so. But bare this in mind, the years in between post-Mayweather knockout Hatton and Matchroom exclusivity on Sky were the worst years in British boxing history. After Froch Groves it has seriously kicked into gear, but even now for every Golovkin Brook you have a Bellew Cleverly. How about when Matchroom were still on the come up ? Have you forgotten Haye Harrison ?:power_of_anguish:

Very rarely see even fights on the undercards as well, it's so disapointing. You can pretty much predict who will win almost every fight on a hearn card.

20 minutes ago, ex-guardsman said:

Is it correct even though Fury has taken coke that if it's not before or after a fight that it shows up then they can't do fuck all. Surely if he fails a test at any point he should be stripped of titles?

it's a bit more complicated than that but generally outwith camp and if it's not a ped then sort of. same with ufc, have a search for how many high profile fighters have tested positive for weed.