Boxing and MMA

38 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

didn't realise he was 27 wtf they'll need to move him rapidly. 28 on Christmas day hahahaha

He's had a great amateur career which benefits the smaller weight classes 

the way he moves, he will hardly be in any scraps 

the flyweight division doesn't have any outstanding champions so he could clean up that division soon

Aparently Bernd Boente, Klitschko's manager has said postponement of the fight had nothing to do with an injury.

Looks like the press basically just run with any old bullshit kugan or hearn spout and present it as truth.

I find it hilarious that people are acusing Wlad of ducking AJ when he was about to fight the p4p no1 in the div in his own backyard.

Hearn should never have been telling people it was going to get made as if it was fact.

6 minutes ago, Yata said:

Aparently Bernd Boente, Klitschko's manager has said postponement of the fight had nothing to do with an injury.

Looks like the press basically just run with any old bullshit kugan or hearn spout and present it as truth.

I find it hilarious that people are acusing Wlad of ducking AJ when he was about to fight the p4p no1 in the div in his own backyard.

Hearn should never have been telling people it was going to get made as if it was fact.

Hearn told SSN live on the phone, they have to take that as gospel. The reason why it won't happen until next year is probably because they'll want it done in a stadium. Probably the Millennium, so that they can maximise the profits. 

It's too big a fight to rush. It might not happen, but if it does Hearn will want to make the most of it. 

7 minutes ago, ben51 said:

Hearn told SSN live on the phone, they have to take that as gospel. The reason why it won't happen until next year is probably because they'll want it done in a stadium. Probably the Millennium, so that they can maximise the profits. 

It's too big a fight to rush. It might not happen, but if it does Hearn will want to make the most of it. 

Hard to believe a word he says when he spouts so much bullshit.
He makes so many crazy promises about great fights and then delivers such fucking shite mismatches.

Price vs AJ for PPV just takes the fucking piss.

Broner vs Burns also off the cards now, another fight Hearn promised Burns

Some good news finally

James DeGale ‏@jamesdegale1 38m38 minutes ago I told you in was coming... My next fight 14th January against @BadouJack #unification #ibf #wbc

And to think, he could have been fighting some latvian plumber on the Dec 10 undercard if he had stayed with Matchroom

1 hour ago, Yata said:

Hard to believe a word he says when he spouts so much bullshit.
He makes so many crazy promises about great fights and then delivers such fucking shite mismatches.

Price vs AJ for PPV just takes the fucking piss.

Broner vs Burns also off the cards now, another fight Hearn promised Burns

Ricky burns has a perforated ear drum so can't fight till spring time now so that's why that's not getting made this year.

i bet you we end up with shite fights for that Dec 10th card. AJ, Quigg etc will all fight people who will be walkovers. 

Fans are sick of not seeing 50/50 fights. 

9 minutes ago, Gillete said:

Ricky burns has a perforated ear drum so can't fight till spring time now so that's why that's not getting made this year.

i bet you we end up with shite fights for that Dec 10th card. AJ, Quigg etc will all fight people who will be walkovers. 

Fans are sick of not seeing 50/50 fights. 

What about Brook vs Golovkin, Linares vs Crolla, Quigg vs Frampton, Bellew vs Makabu, Burns vs Relikh. 

Some of them aren't 50/50 and are actually 60/40 or 70/30 in favour of the non Matchroom fighters. To suggest that Matchroom only take walkovers is rubbish.

50 minutes ago, ben51 said:

What about Brook vs Golovkin, Linares vs Crolla, Quigg vs Frampton, Bellew vs Makabu, Burns vs Relikh. 

Some of them aren't 50/50 and are actually 60/40 or 70/30 in favour of the non Matchroom fighters. To suggest that Matchroom only take walkovers is rubbish.

Burns vs Relik was a mandatory and Brook vs GGG was a MASSIVE mismatch , I don't know how anyone can claim otherwise. For every evenly matched fight he has put up you can bet there are another 6 mismatches or paul smith 6 rounders.

1 hour ago, ben51 said:

I never suggested they only take walkovers 

quite clearly they don't as mandatorys stop that. But the majority ( not all)  of matchroom cards are 

GGG Brook was a fucking mismatch  of the highest btw ?

13 minutes ago, Yata said:

Burns vs Relik was a mandatory and Brook vs GGG was a MASSIVE mismatch , I don't know how anyone can claim otherwise. For every evenly matched fight he has put up you can bet there are another 6 mismatches or paul smith 6 rounders.

One mandatory in the fights I mentioned, then after arguing that they always take walkovers, laughing that they took a fight they'd never win? Okay. :lol: 

Just now, ben51 said:

One mandatory in the fights I mentioned, then after arguing that they always take walkovers, laughing that they took a fight they'd never win? Okay. :lol: 

GGG Brook was so obviously a cash grab, he never had a shot.

3 hours ago, ben51 said:

Agreed there. Doing Wlad vs AJ in December was stupid anyway. It's a fight that will guarantee 90 odd thousand in a stadium. Be stupid to waste it on the shitty Manchester Arena. 

Leaving it to next year means AJ will either get Wlad or Haye at Wembley. All good for him. 

19 minutes ago, Yata said:

GGG Brook was so obviously a cash grab, he never had a shot.

Who realistically has a chance against Golovkin? At least he took the fight and gave it a decent go. You can't moan that he only takes walkovers, then chastise him for the opposite. 

Hearn could quite easily sit and take walkovers for Brook at Welterweight all day long, but he got Brook a big fight, which he wanted. 

1 hour ago, ben51 said:

Who realistically has a chance against Golovkin? At least he took the fight and gave it a decent go. You can't moan that he only takes walkovers, then chastise him for the opposite. 

Hearn could quite easily sit and take walkovers for Brook at Welterweight all day long, but he got Brook a big fight, which he wanted. 

Tbfto brook , he's wanting the big fights

other chancers like Danny Garcia are happy to hang on to their belt and pick absolute nobody's. 

I see Thurman has tweeted he's fighting him in march so it's about time he's in a fight that he could lose 

What card was it, about 2yrs back, that there were 7 fights on, and if you bet on all 7 Matchroom fighters to win...... you were only getting odds of something like 5/7.

I think the best price on a single fight that night was 1/7.

I can't remember (I'm thinking it was when Joshua fought that useless Brazillian guy), but it was perhaps the worst TV card I've ever watched.

13 hours ago, Badger said:

What card was it, about 2yrs back, that there were 7 fights on, and if you bet on all 7 Matchroom fighters to win...... you were only getting odds of something like 5/7.

I think the best price on a single fight that night was 1/7.

I can't remember (I'm thinking it was when Joshua fought that useless Brazillian guy), but it was perhaps the worst TV card I've ever watched.

Some of the big fight bills are an absolute joke at times now ,seems to be very little thought given to the paying / watching public regarding value for money .

TBH I kind of expect that from the smaller shows up here , where you know the promoters fighters need to be knocked out to lose especially if they're a big ticket seller . Most attending those shows understand thats the way it goes , but the big shows really should have better quality control . Unfortunately the board of control don't seem to want to rock the boat with the bigger promoters . Maybe the execs at the TV company's need to veto more proposed fights or cut down the payments unless they get more fights where both boxers could realistically win .

I went to some big bills 20 odd years ago that were an ideal mix of an exciting main fight ( even routine defences by Benn , Eubank & Naseem ) the top supporting fights were usually tight to call beforehand and then some of the 4 & 6 rounders where the upcoming fighter wss always the favourite but usually faced a good quality journeyman pro eho made them work for the win . Too many want to pad the records of fighters who then struggle when faced with a genuine step up in class .