Boxing and MMA

53 minutes ago, Fred H Crawford said:

Some of the big fight bills are an absolute joke at times now ,seems to be very little thought given to the paying / watching public regarding value for money .

TBH I kind of expect that from the smaller shows up here , where you know the promoters fighters need to be knocked out to lose especially if they're a big ticket seller . Most attending those shows understand thats the way it goes , but the big shows really should have better quality control . Unfortunately the board of control don't seem to want to rock the boat with the bigger promoters . Maybe the execs at the TV company's need to veto more proposed fights or cut down the payments unless they get more fights where both boxers could realistically win .

I went to some big bills 20 odd years ago that were an ideal mix of an exciting main fight ( even routine defences by Benn , Eubank & Naseem ) the top supporting fights were usually tight to call beforehand and then some of the 4 & 6 rounders where the upcoming fighter wss always the favourite but usually faced a good quality journeyman pro eho made them work for the win . Too many want to pad the records of fighters who then struggle when faced with a genuine step up in class .

Only way we'll ever see decent bills on a regular basis will be if they have one world title. However unfortunately I doubt we'll ever see that again. Some of the padded records today some professionals have is a joke, especially the Matchroom fighters. ??

18 hours ago, ben51 said:

Who realistically has a chance against Golovkin? At least he took the fight and gave it a decent go. You can't moan that he only takes walkovers, then chastise him for the opposite. 

Hearn could quite easily sit and take walkovers for Brook at Welterweight all day long, but he got Brook a big fight, which he wanted. 

It's mismatches I'm complaining about, not walkovers. It doesn't matter if the mismatch is a matchroom fighter or his opponent.

Also, spence has been Brooks manditory for AGES now and he still ducking him, he would not have been able to just take 'walkovers'. There were also multiple good fights to be made at WW even if you discount the spence manditory, vargas had the fucking brook deal signed and ready to go. Watch brook move up to 154 now to dodge Spence.

Also, literally ANY top 10 middleweight would have stood a better shot against GGG, regardless of your opinions on him Eubank would have made a much more compeitive matchup and there is also the famous ducking BJS

2 hours ago, KingKirk said:

Whyte and chisora kicked off yesterday in the gloves are off... sky sports just showed a clip but left out the brawling here is the full thing

Anything to sell tickets.

Haye - Chisora was the same, and they were best buddies when the bell went after the 12th round.

3 hours ago, hammer93 said:

I'm sure haye knocked him out in the 5th round in that fight?

Aye he did!

That Whyte comes across as a wee dick, never liked him tbh! Plus apparently Chisora has been up to Ibrox a few times so hopefully he smashes the cunt.

Manny P won that comfortably tonight I had it 10-2 again one judge scoring was shocking how the fuck ye can say it was won by a round is beyond me.

wasn't at his best tonight but I'd love to see him in with Crawford next would be a cracking scrap. Crawford would be favourite Imo.

10 hours ago, KingKirk said:

Manny P won that comfortably tonight I had it 10-2 again one judge scoring was shocking how the fuck ye can say it was won by a round is beyond me.

wasn't at his best tonight but I'd love to see him in with Crawford next would be a cracking scrap. Crawford would be favourite Imo.

No way top rank ( and Arum) put their 2 cash cows in together