Skelf

The Boxing News Thread

Deontay Wilder is about to go Thulsa Doom on Ortiz's ASS early Sunday morning. Someone could be getting stretchered out of the boxing ring.

Saturday 23, November 2019

MGM Grand, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA

Deontay Wilder vs Luis Ortiz 2 (Main Event) - (4am GMT UK)
Leo Santa Cruz vs Miguel Flores

TV Sat - Sky Sports Action HD  - Sky Sports Main Event HD

Saturday 23, November 2019

Echo Arena, Liverpool, Merseyside, United Kingdom

Callum Smith vs John Ryder

TV Sat - Sky Sports Action HD - Sky Sports Main Event HD

Just now, KingKirk said:

Score cards a joke 

You just expect it now, sadly. 

I get that a lot of rounds can be close, judges are viewing it slightly differently, views on rounds can be subjective but it's just a recurring theme. Smiths corner and Hearn were defo worried!

Unless you get a KO, it's basically a lottery!

1 minute ago, Laudrup1984 said:

You just expect it now, sadly. 

I get that a lot of rounds can be close, judges are viewing it slightly differently, views on rounds can be subjective but it's just a recurring theme. Smiths corner and Hearn were defo worried!

Unless you get a KO, it's basically a lottery!

Smith is the  star I get that and I'd expect him to get a decision if close etc but 8-4 Smith no chance 

Smith edged that for me but you could easily make a case for Ryder winning it as well. Not sure what's going on but some of the scorecards recently have been ridiculous.

Horrible fight to watch though and wouldn't be surprised if Ryder's constant use of his head contributed to the scoring against him although the ref obviously didn't deduct anything officially.

Smith looked very average tonight and couldn't figure out Ryder's style - I thought Ryder edged altho it was close (albeit not reflected in the scorecards).

Setting the alarm for Wilder v Ortiz...think it'll be a similar outcome as last time, with Ortiz wobbling Wilder at some point but Wilder's right hand ultimately being the difference - freakish power.

11 minutes ago, Creampuff said:

And there’s the issue when fighting Wilder :lol: 

He’s been awful for 7 rounds then connects once.

In fairness although he didn’t do enough in the first seven rounds he didn’t exactly look like he was in trouble either and when you can finish like that I guess it’s just a waiting game till the opportunity presents itself 

32 minutes ago, sassaaaa said:

Terrible fight from Wilder , take that big right away and this mug has nothing , hope Fury knocks him out..........

Fury isn't knocking anyone out :lol:

He would win comfortably on the cards as long as he can avoid being put on his arse again but if Wilder lands a big shot again I think Fury will stay down this time. That's if the fight even happens again as I wouldn't be surprised if Fury pulls out and then just lives off of "being robbed" in the last fight.

Just now, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Fury isn't knocking anyone out :lol:

He would win comfortably on the cards as long as he can avoid being put on his arse again but if Wilder lands a big shot again I think Fury will stay down this time. That's if the fight even happens again as I wouldn't be surprised if Fury pulls out and then just lives off of "being robbed" in the last fight.

Your opinion , I think Fury could hurt him , but you are right about it happening , I dont think either of them want it.........

4 minutes ago, sassaaaa said:

Your opinion , I think Fury could hurt him , but you are right about it happening , I dont think either of them want it.........

Fury could easily knock him out. Or just as easily be knocked out by that right. Interesting fight to be fair. 

sassaaaa likes this