Boxing and MMA

Bit late to the party on this one but what an unbelievable event that was. From the prelims to the main event was just full of crazy moments. That flying knee by Romero, Khabib staking his claim for number 1 contender, the majority draw debacle and obviously Mcgregor's performance. 

You look at the options Mcgregor has now and he's not short of them. Khabib, Ferguson, Diaz, Woodley, Aldo...

From a purely selfish perspective and forgetting what's the right thing to do for the sport I'd love to see him go for that 3rd belt. There's already rumors that they're hoping to return to MSG this time next year so if Conor does indeed take a break that would be an incredible return. Imagine him with 2 around his shoulders and one around his waist. That would be insane. 

Getting passed a true welterweight would obviously be his toughest challenge yet but I'd just love to see him try. 

8 hours ago, Da Kool Blue said:

It's starting to look like it's gonna be Diaz vs McGregor 3. Nate at Conor's after party, then the next day Conor's coach talking up Nate on Ariel Helwani's podcast. 

Did you see how that played out at the after party ?

the Diaz brothers and his crew were battling with Khabib and his mates ??

spilled out onto the foyer outside where the food hall was. People on the floor getting kicked in the head etc, mental 

you don't want to fuck about with those Russians TBH 

2 hours ago, Gillete said:

Did you see how that played out at the after party ?

the Diaz brothers and his crew were battling with Khabib and his mates ??

spilled out onto the foyer outside where the food hall was. People on the floor getting kicked in the head etc, mental 

you don't want to fuck about with those Russians TBH 

I thought that was from a different promotion's event last summer? Did they start scrapping again?

Nobody should fuck about with Khabib. 

1 hour ago, Polo said:

I thought that was from a different promotion's event last summer? Did they start scrapping again?

Nobody should fuck about with Khabib. 

Maybe it was then mate, I'm maybe mistaken 

I just saw the video earlier and assumed it was from this wknd 

just seen the news that box nation has done a deal with bt sport to show boxing and the deal will allow frank to put on ppv events.

I will be gutted if this now means the biggest fights that I'd usually get with my subscription I would no longer get without paying extra.

The way Warren was talking that's exactly what's about to happen and that's a kick in the stones for those that have backed the channel

55 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

just seen the news that box nation has done a deal with bt sport to show boxing and the deal will allow frank to put on ppv events.

I will be gutted if this now means the biggest fights that I'd usually get with my subscription I would no longer get without paying extra.

The way Warren was talking that's exactly what's about to happen and that's a kick in the stones for those that have backed the channel

That's my interpretation also. Lesser fights on BT included in your BT package and all big fights will be pay per view.