Boxing and MMA

3 minutes ago, TheKingObv said:

Haye will destroy him 

Really? Haye has fought nobody of any significance for years. I don't doubt his punch power, but Bellew has proven he can take a punch and throw one back. Can Haye take one?

I'm just not sure about Haye's sharpness coming into this fight. 

He must be getting mega money to accept this fight with the other opponents he could have faced. 

10 minutes ago, ben51 said:

Really? Haye has fought nobody of any significance for years. I don't doubt his punch power, but Bellew has proven he can take a punch and throw one back. Can Haye take one?

I'm just not sure about Haye's sharpness coming into this fight. 

He must be getting mega money to accept this fight with the other opponents he could have faced. 

Haye will be 2 stone heavier than anyone Bellew has ever fought. That's absolutely massive. Agreed that it's hard to tell where Haye is at, but one decent punch and Bellew is down I think. 

Look forward to it anyway.

1 minute ago, TheKingObv said:

Haye will be 2 stone heavier than anyone Bellew has ever fought. That's absolutely massive. Agreed that it's hard to tell where Haye is at, but one decent punch and Bellew is down I think. 

Look forward to it anyway.

Like you said i'm definitely looking forward to it. 

My head says Haye destroys him, but the fact he's fought utter bums makes me question him. Especially considering Bellew has been beating the best at Cruiserweight, whilst going down. 

5 minutes ago, ben51 said:

Like you said i'm definitely looking forward to it. 

My head says Haye destroys him, but the fact he's fought utter bums makes me question him. Especially considering Bellew has been beating the best at Cruiserweight, whilst going down. 

Yeah I get what you're saying. I highly doubt Haye is the boxer he was a few years back but he's even bigger now than when he nearly put down a 7 foot Valuev. I can't see him having lost much power, if any at all.

If Bellew goes down he ain't getting back up.

I see this as a bit of a no-lose for Bellew. Of course he'll look like a bit of a cock considering how he called out Haye, but he's the one stepping up. Even at cruiserweight Bellew looks average as fuck physically compared to the other contenders, nevermind compared to a 16+ stone Haye.

1 minute ago, Vanoli said:

Been taken into hospital for surgery again mate after sparring somewhere so far ununknown.

Fuckin idiot. He might have the heart of a lion but he sounds like hes got the brain of a pigeon. 

I'd definitely have the owner stand up and be accounted for for this.

9 hours ago, TheKingObv said:

Yeah I get what you're saying. I highly doubt Haye is the boxer he was a few years back but he's even bigger now than when he nearly put down a 7 foot Valuev. I can't see him having lost much power, if any at all.

If Bellew goes down he ain't getting back up.

I see this as a bit of a no-lose for Bellew. Of course he'll look like a bit of a cock considering how he called out Haye, but he's the one stepping up. Even at cruiserweight Bellew looks average as fuck physically compared to the other contenders, nevermind compared to a 16+ stone Haye.

Spot on in many points. 

But I do think Bellew is a big puncher and is physically better than you suggest. He might look shite but it'll be interesting to see how much weight he puts on. He'll probably come out swinging like an idiot. Dave Coldwell was fucking raging after his last fight because he was so undisciplined, which he's bound to be with how emotional he makes his fights. Especially this one.

I've seen enough of Lomachenko to say that he is probably the most talented fighter in the world just now.

His skill set and footwork are levels above the world level fighters he has been boxing and tbh..... up there with the very best I've seen. He maybe lacks a bit of power, and unsure how he will fair against a bigger man who can walk him down - but in terms of raw talent - he is very very good.

13 minutes ago, Badger said:

I've seen enough of Lomachenko to say that he is probably the most talented fighter in the world just now.

His skill set and footwork are levels above the world level fighters he has been boxing and tbh..... up there with the very best I've seen. He maybe lacks a bit of power, and unsure how he will fair against a bigger man who can walk him down - but in terms of raw talent - he is very very good.

Salido showed he's vulnerable to this (also vulnerable to unpunished low blows, to be fair).

Just now, Badger said:

It was his 2nd pro fight. He is a better fighter now.

I would like to see him against somebody similar again.

Possibly. I don't think his issues with Salido were to do with not being as good as he is now though. A bigger Lomachenko with a fair ref would have toyed with Salido.

What is the condition of blackwell then? Is it just a case of wait and see over the next few days?

Hope im wrong but normally when surgery is required the chances of a 100% recovery is very slim.

Spencer oliver being the only one i can think of in recent times

55 minutes ago, dee9 said:

What is the condition of blackwell then? Is it just a case of wait and see over the next few days?

Hope im wrong but normally when surgery is required the chances of a 100% recovery is very slim.

Spencer oliver being the only one i can think of in recent times

hopefully Blackwell makes a recovery and if he does someone needs to have a chat with him, yes it must be hard but life itself is far more valuable than boxing surely. I don't think he appreciated how lucky he was to make the recovery he did Imo harsh but true

25 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

hopefully Blackwell makes a recovery and if he does someone needs to have a chat with him, yes it must be hard but life itself is far more valuable than boxing surely. I don't think he appreciated how lucky he was to make the recovery he did Imo harsh but true

Yeah really hope the lad is ok mate but what a fucking foolish thing to do. I feel for him as it must be so hard to walk away from all you know.

Whoever allowed this spar to take place in their gym should lose their trainers license. Also the cunt that was pounding shots to blackwells head fully knowing how close he was to losing his life last time. Such a fucked up situation.

His family having to go over this all again :power_of_anguish:

10 minutes ago, dee9 said:

Yeah really hope the lad is ok mate but what a fucking foolish thing to do. I feel for him as it must be so hard to walk away from all you know.

Whoever allowed this spar to take place in their gym should lose their trainers license. Also the cunt that was pounding shots to blackwells head fully knowing how close he was to losing his life last time. Such a fucked up situation.

His family having to go over this all again :power_of_anguish:

Shocking situation , whoever was in charge of the gym and sanctioned the sparring is totally in the wrong here . IMO there is no excuse for allowing it to happen and the gym staff/coaches have shown a total disregard for safety in the boxing ring . What boxer ( or their families) would trust these guys to do the right thing , if the fighter is under pressure and struggling during a bout ? . 

It also gives plenty of ammunition to all the critics of the fight game in the UK , especially in light of all the recent tragedies .

13 minutes ago, ex-guardsman said:

UFC announces Conor McGregor has vacated his featherweight belt! Jose Aldo Junior is now the undisputed 145-pound champ.

The undisputed, 100% disputed champion. Aldo should be fighting for that belt at 206, not some bullshit interim title fight between Holloway and a Pettis who does not deserve to be that close to winning a title.