Boxing and MMA

On another note, I was planning on going to Burns/Moses, so glad I didn't and the notion will never cross my mind again after hearing the crowd sing just can't get enough and other songs sung by the tims.

Don't see how you can bring football into boxing.

Should have no relevance on your enjoyment of the sport

Don't see how you can bring football into boxing.

Should have no relevance on your enjoyment of the sport

Exactly, should have nothing to do with one another, hence my ability to follow Burns and wish him the best. By that same token, I should be able to attend without worrying about being in the midst of ǝpɐbıɹq uǝǝɹb ǝɥʇ and their songs.

Exactly, should have nothing to do with one another, hence my ability to follow Burns and wish him the best. By that same token, I should be able to attend without worrying about being in the midst of ǝpɐbıɹq uǝǝɹb ǝɥʇ and their songs.

(tu) if he fights Mitchell I will be in amongst the Mitchell fans

Shame the Groves fight (and undercard) have been cancelled.

It sounds like he has picked up a 'Wladimir' style injury and will be all healed up in time for a world title shot against Stieglitz.

isn't stielitz got a fight coming up with Kessler?

Aye, I seen the judges cards, good job Salido brought his own judges.

I'd favour Garcia also, only slightly though. He looks like he has a few more gears to go up to. Love his jab.

From what I've seen of Garcia he starts fairly slow working behind the jab, breaks his opponent down and then knocks them out. I think Salido would force Garcia to come out and start faster than he usually does though. Good fight but I don't see it going the distance.

In time Garcia will be up there with the best in my opinion. I rate him very highly.

Shame the Groves fight (and undercard) have been cancelled.

It sounds like he has picked up a 'Wladimir' style injury and will be all healed up in time for a world title shot against Stieglitz.

Fight I was most looking forward to this weekend. Will be interesting to see if a new date gets set or Groves fights Steiglitz.

Fight I was most looking forward to this weekend. Will be interesting to see if a new date gets set or Groves fights Steiglitz.

I like Groves but if this convenient bad back turns out to be bullshit I will have lost a lot of respect for him. Fans will have bought tickets/hotels/travel for that event. Many will have paid for Boxnation (which is looking threadbare cinco de mayo aside).

I like Groves but if this convenient bad back turns out to be bullshit I will have lost a lot of respect for him. Fans will have bought tickets/hotels/travel for that event. Many will have paid for Boxnation (which is looking threadbare cinco de mayo aside).

I'd say with 99% certainty that it's definitely bs.

Well said mate, I was there and I was ragin when they sang just can't get enough :angry: , the group who started it were sitting at the other end of the place to me and I thought thank god there not near me.. then before I knew it most of the bloody arena was singing it! :anguish::anguish:

Had a wee look around and you could see a few of us bears, just sitting, looking around at each other, all clearly thinking 'fannies' :lol:

There's no need for it at all though, true what they say though, you just can't take the bheasts anywhere! :wanker:

Spoke to Ricky on Sunday, says Mitchell is shouting about fight at Upton Park in June, but Rickys getting married at the end of April so its too close.. instead his team are trying for Mitchell at Airdrie Stadium late July. Apparently they were in talks with Airdrie at the weekend there, and the outcome was positive.. hopefully it goes ahead!

Well said mate, I was there and I was ragin when they sang just can't get enough :angry: , the group who started it were sitting at the other end of the place to me and I thought thank god there not near me.. then before I knew it most of the bloody arena was singing it! :anguish::anguish:

Had a wee look around and you could see a few of us bears, just sitting, looking around at each other, all clearly thinking 'fannies' :lol:

There's no need for it at all though, true what they say though, you just can't take the bheasts anywhere! :wanker:

Spoke to Ricky on Sunday, says Mitchell is shouting about fight at Upton Park in June, but Rickys getting married at the end of April so its too close.. instead his team are trying for Mitchell at Airdrie Stadium late July. Apparently they were in talks with Airdrie at the weekend there, and the outcome was positive.. hopefully it goes ahead!

Think they are looking at the commonwealth games veledrome arena as a possibility. Either way it's one fight that will be a classic (tu)

Think they are looking at the commonwealth games veledrome arena as a possibility. Either way it's one fight that will be a classic (tu)

Yeah I've heard that being mentioned too, I don't know how far along that is though.. Is it ready/would it be ready by then?

Ps. Did your username used to be just Skelf, or has it always been SkelfMeister? :huh::lol:

Yeah I've heard that being mentioned too, I don't know how far along that is though.. Is it ready/would it be ready by then?

Ps. Did your username used to be just Skelf, or has it always been SkelfMeister? :huh::lol:

Used to be wee_Skelf when Ricky took pelters from me :lol:

Hope it is ready in time. If his wedding is April then realistically he won't be ready for another fight till august I'm basing that on a minimum 12 week training camp. How many does he do?

Hope it is ready in time. If his wedding is April then realistically he won't be ready for another fight till august I'm basing that on a minimum 12 week training camp. How many does he do?

meh, wedding smedding - martin murray missed his own to fight sturm :lol:

Ah yeah I remember! :P Had me confused there, thought I was trippin! :lol:

Yeah you may actually be right, he normally does a 10 or 12 week training camp, so it might well be August, he just said they we're looking at late July as a possibility.. but to be fair to him, his next fight is the last thing on his mind right now, so he may well be wrong :lol:

Just had a look through today's boxing news.

Chisora's licence withdrawn indefinitely. :disappointment:

Rumours that Burns has pulled out of Mitchell negotiations. :disappointment:

Boxing these days :anguish:

I am a hardcore fan of boxing and a stout defender of the sport but even I have to admit that this is one of the worst runs of shit for many moons.

It will recover though, and only needs a few changes to return it to its former glory.

Those changes don't look like happening anytime soon though. Shame.