Boxing and MMA

Surely already capable of outclassing Fury/Chisora. Maybe already a Helenius/Povetkin beater?

I'd like to see him fight Pulev for the European title. Fight against Helenius would be good as well.

Carl Froch fights Bute this weekend, I'm leaning towards Bute.

Not seen much of Bute but seen enough to know he looks all wrong for Froch.

Seen a bit of footage recently where Bute stops a black guy in the corner. It was one of the most brutal boxing clips I have seen. Can't find it now, can anyone help me out?

Amir Khan says he will fight WBC light-welterweight champion Danny Garcia in Las Vegas on 14 July.

Khan, 25, was originally scheduled to face Lamont Peterson earlier this month in a rematch for the WBA and IBF light-welterweight titles.

However, that bout was cancelled after the latter tested positive for elevated testosterone levels.

That left Khan looking for another opponent and he tweeted: "May the best man win on 14 July. Khan vs Garcia."

Danny Garcia profile

•Born: March 20, 1988

•Nickname: Swift

•Total fights: 23

•Total wins: 23 (14 by KO)

•Titles held: WBC light-welterweight (March 2012- )

Garcia, 24, is undefeated, with 23 wins including 14 knockouts.

He recently secured the vacant WBC light-welterweight title with victory by a unanimous decision over Mexican legend Erik Morales, who had been stripped of the belt for failing to make the weight.

It is not yet clear what titles, if any, will be at stake between Garcia and Khan.

Khan's promoters, Golden Boy, is trying to have the result of the Peterson-Khan fight from December overturned to a no decision and the WBA and IBF belts returned to Khan.

However Garcia tweeted on 19 May: "If he [Khan] doesn't get his belts back, we can't fight. A unification bout is the only fight that can not let me fight my mandatory."

Garcia is due for a mandatory defence against Ajose Olusegun but, should Khan be given one or both belts back, the WBC would sanction Garcia-Khan because unification bouts take precedence over mandatory fights.

Not seen much of Bute but seen enough to know he looks all wrong for Froch.

Seen a bit of footage recently where Bute stops a black guy in the corner. It was one of the most brutal boxing clips I have seen. Can't find it now, can anyone help me out?

About 2 minutes in?

Amir Khan says he will fight WBC light-welterweight champion Danny Garcia in Las Vegas on 14 July.

Khan, 25, was originally scheduled to face Lamont Peterson earlier this month in a rematch for the WBA and IBF light-welterweight titles.

However, that bout was cancelled after the latter tested positive for elevated testosterone levels.

That left Khan looking for another opponent and he tweeted: "May the best man win on 14 July. Khan vs Garcia."

Danny Garcia profile

•Born: March 20, 1988

•Nickname: Swift

•Total fights: 23

•Total wins: 23 (14 by KO)

•Titles held: WBC light-welterweight (March 2012- )

Garcia, 24, is undefeated, with 23 wins including 14 knockouts.

He recently secured the vacant WBC light-welterweight title with victory by a unanimous decision over Mexican legend Erik Morales, who had been stripped of the belt for failing to make the weight.

It is not yet clear what titles, if any, will be at stake between Garcia and Khan.

Khan's promoters, Golden Boy, is trying to have the result of the Peterson-Khan fight from December overturned to a no decision and the WBA and IBF belts returned to Khan.

However Garcia tweeted on 19 May: "If he [Khan] doesn't get his belts back, we can't fight. A unification bout is the only fight that can not let me fight my mandatory."

Garcia is due for a mandatory defence against Ajose Olusegun but, should Khan be given one or both belts back, the WBC would sanction Garcia-Khan because unification bouts take precedence over mandatory fights.

what if the bodies simply strip lamont of his belts so they are vacant? this is the most likely scenario imo.

would this mean that Garcia could be sanctioned to fight Khan for the vacant belts?

what if the bodies simply strip lamont of his belts so they are vacant? this is the most likely scenario imo.

would this mean that Garcia could be sanctioned to fight Khan for the vacant belts?

Would that still make the fight a unification bout if the belts were vacant? If not then Garcia will have to fight Olusegun or vacate his WBC belt.

I'll feel for Olusegun if he gets pushed out the way again, he deserves a a title shot.

I wont be convinced on Price till him and fury stop dodging each other and fight.

Not trying to put him down as I'd love the british heavyweight scene to dominate but all I saw the other night was a bum who had no chance get his ass handed to him

Bute is a monster at that weight

He's literally a light heavyweight who can get down to super middle

Froch has a great chin but has his body been tested like he will against Bute

I can see him bang that body for fun as froch will trade and hell come up short

Bute by stoppage

Bute is a monster at that weight

He's literally a light heavyweight who can get down to super middle

Froch has a great chin but has his body been tested like he will against Bute

I can see him bang that body for fun as froch will trade and hell come up short

Bute by stoppage

Bute's left to the body is phenomenal, and his style makes him hard to hit.

Has he been in with anyone at Froch's level though? I don't really see too many big tests on his record, certainly nobody with the strength or intensity that Froch will bring tomorrow night.

As a big fan, I hope Froch can outwork him and grind him down. However, I fear he might leave himself too open and take some sickening body shots. Either way, it's going to be a great fight!

I love that guy Froch. Proved me wrong last night. It was up there with this performance...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYcGdQdoUbc

Tell you what he really is a entertaining fighter, I was raging with his performance against Ward but he had a lot of redemption last night, my fave boxer right now by a mile

Off topic of froch

Frampton has a long way to go to be a world champ

Can't see him beating gamboa or donaire in the next yr

The best of the bunch is rigondeux , what a fighter that guy is

I'm raging it's took him this long to turn pro, a real waste of yrs

Off topic of froch

Frampton has a long way to go to be a world champ

Can't see him beating gamboa or donaire in the next yr

The best of the bunch is rigondeux , what a fighter that guy is

I'm raging it's took him this long to turn pro, a real waste of yrs

Yes he needs a wee bit to go but the potential is defo there, he boxed very intelligently last night against a difficult opponent, hats off to him for taking that kind of fight, he has all the tools to go a long way, good thinking boxing brain (tu)

Tell you what he really is a entertaining fighter, I was raging with his performance against Ward but he had a lot of redemption last night, my fave boxer right now by a mile

In fairness to Froch, Ward is just a brilliant boxer.