Boxing and MMA

Carl Froch says his achievements now "eclipse" those of fellow British super-middleweight greats Joe Calzaghe, Chris Eubank and Nigel Benn.

Froch does have a great resume but Calzaghes wasn't too shabby either. I'd say he has surpassed Eubank and Benn now.

Froch does have a great resume but Calzaghes wasn't too shabby either. I'd say he has surpassed Eubank and Benn now.

The problem for me with Calzaghe is he refused to go and fight in America for years. Warren tried to get him over there and he never went. He waited till Hopkins and Jones jnr were way past it to go over and fight them. That's why i hold Froch in high regard.

No way am I saying Calzaghe was a shit fighter btw just think he would be beaten by Froch

Calzaghe destroyed Kessler

Kessler whooped froch

Froch = wanker

I can't help thinking Calzaghe would have done better against Ward as well (if he had met the current version of Ward at a similar stage of his career).

Let's not forget Froch isn't claiming to be the better boxer, he is claiming he has achieved more. A lot of what Froch has achieved has been down to the Super Six tournament. Most of those fights would never have been made without it. Boxing needs more tournaments like that. (tu)

Calzaghe beat Kessler, if you think he destroyed him you watched a different fight.

Calzaghe in his prime would have beat prime. The Calzaghe who fought Hopkins and RJJ would have got KO'd IMO.

2 losses and I had him beaten by dirrell also

Hopkins, Eubank , Collins, RJJ > Bute, Taylor, Johnson

never fought collins. and eubank and jones were shadows of their former selves. hopkins also past prime.

for froch- add abraham and pascal to that list

2 losses and I had him beaten by dirrell also

Hopkins, Eubank , Collins, RJJ > Bute, Taylor, Johnson

Eubank was well past it, Jones was shot to pieces didn't fight Collins. Joes best wins were v Hopkins and Kessler.,

Froch has beaten prime Bute, Dirrell, Abraham, Pascal. Add Johnson and I thought he beat Kessler.

Dirrell was iffy, but I don't think the rest of the CV's are even close.

Rumours abound that USADA have been covering failed Floyd Mayweather drug tests.

Floyd has been using USADA since accusing Pac of roiding. No failed tests have been made public.

Meanwhile rival testing company VADA have detected and made public L.Peterson and A.Berto. Scuppering both respective fights.

Goldenboy are moving to USADA.

Rumours abound that USADA have been covering failed Floyd Mayweather drug tests.

Floyd has been using USADA since accusing Pac of roiding. No failed tests have been made public.

Meanwhile rival testing company VADA have detected and made public L.Peterson and A.Berto. Scuppering both respective fights.

Goldenboy are moving to USADA.

Boxing will be dragged through the mud again if there is any truth in this. Just seen this on a boxing forum:

The journalist who Goldenboy served with a cease and desist letter which threatened him with legal action if he did not stop investigating accusations that Floyd Mayweather has a stipulation in his contract with USADA that says negative tests will be exempt if it caused by 'inadvertent use' and that he has failed three tests already.

'Inadvertent use' sounds an awful lot like the Peterson/MMA excuse.

Eubank was well past it, Jones was shot to pieces didn't fight Collins. Joes best wins were v Hopkins and Kessler.,

Froch has beaten prime Bute, Dirrell, Abraham, Pascal. Add Johnson and I thought he beat Kessler.

Dirrell was iffy, but I don't think the rest of the CV's are even close.

Froch's best win is Bute, who if we're being honest has already been knocked out by Andrade.

He got an MD against Johnson who has won about as many as he has lost in his last 30 fights.

He lost to Dirrel if we are being honest.

Abraham & Taylor have never been world champions at 168 and prime divisions were 160.

He lost to Kessler.

He out of his depth and outclassed vs Ward.

Dont get me wrong, im a big fan of Froch, he deserves credit for such an intense run of opponents who are all world level, but his results & performances have been a mixed bag, and at no point could you ever make the case for him being the no.1 in the division. Calzaghe on the other hand simply found a way to beat everyone, including a prime, unbeaten Kessler.

Boxing will be dragged through the mud again if there is any truth in this. Just seen this on a boxing forum:

'Inadvertent use' sounds an awful lot like the Peterson/MMA excuse.

Floyd takes/or has taken a banned substance before for chronic pain in his hands. Not sure if that's what it could be referring to.

Froch's best win is Bute, who if we're being honest has already been knocked out by Andrade.

He got an MD against Johnson who has won about as many as he has lost in his last 30 fights.

He lost to Dirrel if we are being honest.

Abraham & Taylor have never been world champions at 168 and prime divisions were 160.

He lost to Kessler.

He out of his depth and outclassed vs Ward.

Dont get me wrong, im a big fan of Froch, he deserves credit for such an intense run of opponents who are all world level, but his results & performances have been a mixed bag, and at no point could you ever make the case for him being the no.1 in the division. Calzaghe on the other hand simply found a way to beat everyone, including a prime, unbeaten Kessler.

Frochs best win is Pascal. Followed by Bute, Dirrel, Abraham, Johnson & Taylor.

Joe just doesn't have that Calibre on his record.

If the Kessler fight was anywhere but Denmark, Froch would have got the decision.

Joe has 1 win against prime world class opposition. Carl has Multiple.

You talk about mixed bag of performance from Froch, go rewatch Calzaghe v Reid, Thornberry, starie etc. He struggled regularly with less than world class opposition. The same cannot be said about Froch.

Bute "found a way" to get the win against Andrade then sparked him in the rematch.