Boxing and MMA

starting to get sick of sitting up to 7am for this bullshit.

round 1 was close, i was edging to bradley for being a little cuter, but then pac landed a flurry and it was the only "clean punshing" in the round. Round 1 Pac man.

rounds 2-9 were compelte domination. My only observation worth note is i think pacman 2-3 years ago would have finished tim within about 5 or 6 rounds. 9 rounds to 0.

Round 10 Bradley had enough, he ditched his come forward "ill die in the ring" nonsense and started boxing on the backfoot because he knew he couldnt deal with the power. It paid off, Pac was a little fustrated, Bradley got some good counters off, Pac wasnt busy enough, i dont midn giving that round to Bradley. 9-1.

Round 11 & 12. Bradley not so much boxing on the back foot now, but running. Hes throwing out a flimsy jab without much behind it to keep pac at bay, who is now chasing him now. Occasional exchanges with Pac probably just getting the better of them. I cant give these roudns to Bradley, he simply isnt effective enough, his counters arent clean enough and Pac is certainly the agressor pushing the action.

11 rounds to 1, or 119-109 to Pacquiao. (same score as HBO & Dan Rafeal).

honestly, anyone who thinks Bradley won 3 or more rounds in that fight doesnt know shit about boxing.

Your last comment there is quite funny.

PacquiaovsBradleyScorecard.jpg

astounding scorecard. Bradley even picked up round 5 on 2 of the cards :lol: judges must have been impressed with his ability to remaining standing post-chicken dancing and awarded him the round.

Bob Arum is saying that a rematch could be unlikely as the feedback from the boxing world is that they would not watch as the beleive the fight was fixed. He's also calling for an investigation into the cards. Duane Ford, 1 of the judges who awarded the fight to Bradley is quoted as saying "bradley gave pacquiao a boxing lesson".

PacquiaovsBradleyScorecard.jpg

astounding scorecard. Bradley even picked up round 5 on 2 of the cards :lol: judges must have been impressed with his ability to remaining standing post-chicken dancing and awarded him the round.

Bob Arum is saying that a rematch could be unlikely as the feedback from the boxing world is that they would not watch as the beleive the fight was fixed. He's also calling for an investigation into the cards. Duane Ford, 1 of the judges who awarded the fight to Bradley is quoted as saying "bradley gave pacquiao a boxing lesson".

It's an absolute farce. Personally I don't like pacquiao but don't like seeing someone on the recoving end of a bad decision like that. I said it many times before but Arun is very bad for boxing and sooner he croaks it the better

I don't agree with any score card there, but in fairness to Roth I can see why he has it as close as 115-113 for Pacquaio.

Judges have awarded Bradley for his ineffective aggression in this fight rather than cleaner punches and punches that landed from Manny - something that happens all the time in Vegas.

I don't agree with any score card there, but in fairness to Roth I can see why he has it as close as 115-113 for Pacquaio.

Judges have awarded Bradley for his ineffective aggression in this fight rather than cleaner punches and punches that landed from Manny - something that happens all the time in Vegas.

when 115-113 was read out for pac my jaw dropped. i gave bradley the tenth and even then i wondered if i was just giving him it because he had stemmed the tide rather than actually winnign the round.

i dont even agree with you on the ineffective agression, when he came forward he was being out punched every time & it was mainly the later rounds he got on the cards, when he was on his bike. It's almost as if the criteria for winning a round vs pacquiao is throwing out some half assed jabs and making him looking fustrated trying to initiate the action.

Bradley threw more punches. The judges have rewarded him for it rather than rewarding Pacquaio who landed more. Similar to Marquez when he fights Manny - Marquez doesn't get rewarded for his landed punches while Manny gets rewarded for throwing more.

BTW just to clarify I had Manny winning comfortably.

I watched the fight live and switched off before the result because I knew Manny had won easily. I only found out that he lost when my mate at work what I thought about Manny losing. I thought he was talking bullocks. :lol:

This was up with the Rios fight, a joke of a result.

Ortiz to fight Canelo on September 15th.

Bob Arum wants to hold the Chavez Jr.-Sergio Martinez fight on the same night.

Now that sounds a good bill of boxing. Martinez will take Chavez to the cleaners. And tbh I couldn't call Canelo vs Ortiz. Best challenge to date for Canelo

Two solid fights but doesn't make sense to hold them on the same night in my opinion.

agreed, it sounds to me like Bob Arum wants a war with GBP - GBP & Oscar talk alot of shit about TR, Im sure Oscar has even tweeted that when Bob Arum dies he is goign to really take over and giev the fans eevry fight they want to see.

I wouldnt be surprised if GBP put Canelo vs Ortiz on as a PPV & TopRank puts Martinez vs Chavez on as PPV at the same time to wage war on GBP. Martinez vs Chavez would be the fight that most fans would pay for imo, leaving GBP with much shorter numbers than this fight should get.

agreed, it sounds to me like Bob Arum wants a war with GBP - GBP & Oscar talk alot of shit about TR, Im sure Oscar has even tweeted that when Bob Arum dies he is goign to really take over and giev the fans eevry fight they want to see.

I wouldnt be surprised if GBP put Canelo vs Ortiz on as a PPV & TopRank puts Martinez vs Chavez on as PPV at the same time to wage war on GBP. Martinez vs Chavez would be the fight that most fans would pay for imo, leaving GBP with much shorter numbers than this fight should get.

The Canelo fight is a PPV. As far as I'm aware GBP aren't aiming for big numbers with it as it will be the first time Alvarez has headlined a PPV. It's more about GBP building Alvaraez up to make sure he'll do big numbers in the future.

The PPV will do relatively well though, maybe even better than GBP expect. A strong undercard will help too.

I really think Ryan rhodes is a cracking price to beat rabchenko tmrw night 10/11

I'm doubling that up with munroe to do a number on quigg

Quigg hasn't been in with anyone really good so far and munroe has been in with quality operators and done well

7/4 for munroe

Best double of the wk

I really think Ryan rhodes is a cracking price to beat rabchenko tmrw night 10/11

I'm doubling that up with munroe to do a number on quigg

Quigg hasn't been in with anyone really good so far and munroe has been in with quality operators and done well

7/4 for munroe

Best double of the wk

I've got a Chavez Jr. Chambers and Munroe treble