***The Official Champions vs. Inverness Thread***

Muff

sorry to burst a bubble, but inverness have already lost their away record. st johnstone i think it was a few weeks ago,for any team to go that long is still very good.

WATP :uk:

lol i stand corrected, hadnt realised that. Maybe it will be an easier game for us now!!

• Replies 779
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My team would be Mcgregor, Whittaker, Webster, Weir, Papac/Wylde, Weiss, Davis, McCulloch, Ness, Lafferty and Miller.

I do not like Foster at fullback - not good enough.

I'd go for that also. Don't want to risk Naismith for these 2 hard away games coming up.

A midfield pairing of McCulloch and Ness will be better against ICT, imo.

What did u hear about webster

Heard that every time Webster has been called upon to come into the team its been a wave of the hand during training on the lead up to a game to say he's injured or uncomfortable...Smith seems to have the impression that he is a hanger-on and also a bottler, just simply happy to pick up his paycheque. The source is apparently from Broadfoot's dad, the players have a right laugh at him in training because of it.

I never usually post rumours or what not but this could potentially have some truth behind it and possibly explain why Davie Weir has played so many games this season so far.

:mcgregor:

:Foster: :webster: :weir: :kerkar:

:davis: ness :mcculloch: :weiss:

:lafferty: :Naismith:

assuming miller is not going to play after poor effort on saturday? ICT is not a game to wimp out of challenges!

this is not a tough fixture if we keep the ball on the floor. we only struggled this season because all we did was hump the ball up and tokely etc just lapped it up.

if we go at them from the start and play 1-2's and through balls, we can have it wrapped up by h/t!

Heard that every time Webster has been called upon to come into the team its been a wave of the hand during training on the lead up to a game to say he's injured or uncomfortable...Smith seems to have the impression that he is a hanger-on and also a bottler, just simply happy to pick up his paycheque. The source is apparently from Broadfoot's dad, the players have a right laugh at him in training because of it.

I never usually post rumours or what not but this could potentially have some truth behind it and possibly explain why Davie Weir has played so many games this season so far.

There's no Walter smith would have him near the bench if that were true.

I've no doubt he gets a few jibes in training about picking up injuries but this sounds like a twisted version of events if anything.

A few injuries/suspension and our team looks completely different :(

This is going to be a very tough game, and one we will struggle in, if we are not prepared and at our best - must win match!

Tough game ahead, a few sound like they think this will be a walk over. Yes its a game we should win given the right attitude/commitment but it will need a good team performance, made even harder due to the players having to come in and fill the cracks. I think we'll win the game but by no means easily.

McGregor

Foster Weir Webster Whittaker

Davis McCulloch Edu Weiss

Miller Lafferty

Walter wont drop Miller (and I think he should stay in anyway) Naismith was not even in squad on sat so bench for him (if fit) Edu played well coming on Weiss was on fire and Webster needs a start. Lafferty has being playing well and unlucky not to score and has a great work rate.

Inverness unbeaten away for 13 months now - time someone sorted that out for them but it will be tough but I hope Tokely has a nightmare and he gets on my wick - some of his tackles - that he gets away with - are shockingly bad.

This will be no walkover and team will have to battle to get the win we need.