***The Official Champions vs. Inverness Thread***

Muff

Guest SandyWATP

Where the feck is our midfield? Edu, McCulloch, Davis, Lafferty in the last 20 minutes were all posted missing and Fleck crapped out of a challenge. Jelavic obviously rusty missed at least two sitters. The defense clears 75% of balls straight to the opposition too. Shambles of a display. No cohesion at all.

They weren't sitters.

• Replies 779
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where the feck is our midfield? Edu, McCulloch, Davis, Lafferty in the last 20 minutes were all posted missing and Fleck crapped out of a challenge. Jelavic obviously rusty missed at least two sitters. The defense clears 75% of balls straight to the opposition too. Shambles of a display. No cohesion at all.

If your talking about the 1 i think you are then i don't think he crapped it, looked to me like he just wanted to slightly touch the ball past the defender, whereas the defender went right through the ball

As for the midfield, it disappeared once Edu came on, McCulloch and Edu in the same midfield is shite

My thoughts: slow start and poor finish with some good patches in-between. Could and should have won by a bigger margin.

McGregor: quiet game for him, ready when called upon to tip onto the bar.

Foster: rank rotten, had one good moment where he showed Weiss how to skin that thug tokely.

Whittaker: started shockingly but came into the game as it progressed.

Weir: solid but needs to sort out the distribution

Webster: solid, composed, good to see 90 minutes out of him

Mcculloch: typical performance we come to expect from him.

Ness: another decent showing, couple of heavy touches at times but blame the pitch for that. It's a measure of him how the game turned when he went off.

Weiss: a few flashes but ultimately frustrating performance, seemed reluctant to take on his man even though he clearly had the beating of him.

Davis: man of the match, still not at his best but starting to look more like the player we've come to love.

Beattie: struggled to get involved, still looks way off the pace.

Lafferty: some good stuff, interspersed with some rubbish! Sometimes tries to do something too clever.

Subs:

Fleck: thought he did well, set up two great chances. If it was his first appearance we'd be raving about him.

Jelavic: made an immediate impact with a positive run, spurned two good chances and wrongly booked for diving.

Edu: some poor touches, never got going, game really turned when he came on for ness and we were under pressure for the remainder of the match.

Overall good 3 points and a 3rd consecutive clean sheet against trick opponents. Bring on the jambos!