***The Official Champions vs. Inverness Thread***

Muff

There's no Walter smith would have him near the bench if that were true.

I've no doubt he gets a few jibes in training about picking up injuries but this sounds like a twisted version of events if anything.

Just posting what I had hear mate :) So don't shoot the messenger...

Will be put to bed one way or another tomorrow night tho :)

• Replies 779
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My team would be Mcgregor, Whittaker, Webster, Weir, Papac/Wylde, Weiss, Davis, McCulloch, Ness, Lafferty and Miller.

I do not like Foster at fullback - not good enough.

Looks like Whittaker is knackered and won't play, nvager!

Not looking likely that Whittaker or Papac will make it, judging by Walter's words. Wouldn't be surprised to see the team something like:

:mcgregor:

:davis: :webster: :weir: :Foster:

:weiss: :mcculloch: :ness: :wylde:

:lafferty: :miller:

Though I don't think Miller should play.

Davis would probably be pretty good at right back as well, seem to remember him playing well there once after Whittaker had to go off injured last season. We really need Weiss to show up again if this is the case as well. On the front foot from the start since it's going to be a back 4 that's not played together at all/often.

Personally, I'd like to see maybe Cole start at right back, and drop Miller, pushing Weiss in behind Lafferty and Davis at right mid. Davis is a right back's best friend when he plays there, and covers really well for them.

..........Shagger

Foster Webster Weir Papac/wylde

Davis Mcculloch Ness Wylde/Kerkar

...........Weiss

.........Lafferty

Bit of a selection headache tonight especially if its decided Miller won't play. If Papac doest make it, I'd guess Wylde would go there leaving a dilemma for left mid, its the last place I would put Weiss, totally wasted there.

Could put Lafferty there but I think that would mean starting Beattie, which I'd rather not see happen. Step up Kerkar.

McGregor

Cole Webster Weir Wylde

Davis Ness McCulloch Lafferty

Weiss

Jelavic

With Beattie replacing Jelavic any time between 45-60 minutes

Won't happen obviously but i'd rather Jelavic started the game than came on with the game dead or us chasing it

Kenny Miller could have played his last game for Rangers after agreeing to sign for Turkish champions Bursaspor.

Walter Smith is highly unlikely to name the striker, left, in his starting line-up for tonight’s SPL showdown with Inverness Caley Thistle after the latest development in his transfer saga.

The player’s agent, Dave Baldwin, has remained in Turkey today to finalise discussions on a deal that will earn Miller a staggering £50,000 per week.

It’s understood Rangers now plan to open talks with Bursaspor over an immediate transfer – around the £600,000 mark – as the Ibrox club attempt to cash-in on the 31-year-old

He will not play the night

it is a fucking disgrace that we do not have one single highly rated boy that can play centre half

surely with guys like weir, cuellar, bougherra, we would have had some pretty decent youngsters getting massive tips and help over the last 3 years at the club

when you have to either consider playing sicknote or jig at centre half next to weir, then you wonder what the fuck is going on

can see us defending on our 6 yard line tonight going by the pace we have at the back :angry:

McGregor

Foster Weir Webster Whittaker

Davis McCulloch Edu Weiss

Miller Lafferty

Walter wont drop Miller (and I think he should stay in anyway) Naismith was not even in squad on sat so bench for him (if fit) Edu played well coming on Weiss was on fire and Webster needs a start. Lafferty has being playing well and unlucky not to score and has a great work rate.

Inverness unbeaten away for 13 months now - time someone sorted that out for them but it will be tough but I hope Tokely has a nightmare and he gets on my wick - some of his tackles - that he gets away with - are shockingly bad.

This will be no walkover and team will have to battle to get the win we need.

They lost at St Johnstone a couple weeks ago.

:mcgregor:

:Foster::mcculloch::webster::weir::wylde:

:davis::edu::ness::weiss:

:lafferty:

Walter might be thinking of using out European tactic tonight, it's going to be interesting to see what team he actually puts out.

That wouldn't actually suprise or really bother me in reality, It would definitely be a lot more attacking, would guess breaking out in a 3-6-1 type of formation when were on the attack, I can't see webster being able to cover weir at all with pace so adding an extra body in their could do us no harm.