***The Official Champions vs. Inverness Thread***

Muff

Slightly worried about tonight now- assuming Whittaker, Papac, Naismith are all out, and obviously Miller is away, my team would be:

McGregor

McMillan Webster Weir Foster

McCulloch

Weiss Davis Ness Wylde/Fleck

Lafferty

• Replies 779
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We shouldn't be playing 1 upfront against this mob !!!

:mcgregor:

:Foster: :weir: :webster: :kerkar:

:weiss: :mcculloch: :davis: :wylde:

:lafferty: :jelavic:

Wylde and Weiss on either flank should give us enough pace to get down the byline and get the crosses in for big jela and kyle to get the head on it.

Normally we shouldn't be playing one up against ICT. However, Jelavic doesn't need to be thrown back into the action, and we really only have Beattie and Lafferty left. That didn't work too well against Killie in the cup. Having Fleck/Wylde and Weiss on the wings would offer support for the lone striker though.

it is a fucking disgrace that we do not have one single highly rated boy that can play centre half

surely with guys like weir, cuellar, bougherra, we would have had some pretty decent youngsters getting massive tips and help over the last 3 years at the club

when you have to either consider playing sicknote or jig at centre half next to weir, then you wonder what the fuck is going on

can see us defending on our 6 yard line tonight going by the pace we have at the back :angry:

Perry is a very good defender tbh i don't know why Walter refuses to play him there , just about 12-18 months ago he was being talked about in similar fashion to Wilson , don't know if injuries have taken their toll but was lead to believe he was a future first team player

i would like to see Kerkar getting a game but i doubt he will , it will be the tried and tested , expect to see Davis in at right back with Edu , Ness and Hutton in the Middle with Naisy and lafferty on the flanks and Beattie uptop on his own with Jig alongside Weir and Foster at left Back .

other alternative could be Wylde at LM and Lafferty uptop instead of Beattie

Perry is a very good defender tbh i don't know why Walter refuses to play him there , just about 12-18 months ago he was being talked about in similar fashion to Wilson , don't know if injuries have taken their toll but was lead to believe he was a future first team player

Perry couldn't get a game for Oxford when we loaned him out not long ago.

Im not a big fan of Beatties, but this is the kind of game he could be useful, his being a bit of a fat bastard and being able to win balls in the air more than anything, our last game against Inverness, he done well when he came on iirc. Then, when hes breathing out his arse after 60 minutes, perfect time to bring on the jellyman.

Beats and Laffs to start up front for me, midfield, Davis, Jig, Ness, Weiss. Defence, god knows, maybe Edu/jig will play at CB with the other starting at CM as i doubt Walter trusts Webster as far as he could through him, and since Websters being sitting on his arse all season, im guessing no one can through him very far.

Just realised, we win our next 2 games, were top of the league again.

We dont need more motivation than that, we have ICT then Hearts, 2 very tough games but its getting through tough runs like this that makes champions. In fact the next six weeks are going to be very tough, 2 games against Celtic, Hearts, Motherwell and Sporting as well as one game against ICT, Hibs, Dundee United St Mirren and StJohnstone. A win today and lets get a winning streak going at the best possible time.