Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ozblue

" I'm a Bluenose " Contest

Thank you to Canadaready for selecting my submission in the "I'm a Bluenose" contest as the winning entry.

There were some great entries in there, with every one of them (except the last entry) worthy of being selected as the winner.

My entry was written as a tribute to all the people from here who really ARE 'Bluenoses" and support our great club through thick and thin...NOT! just be "Rangers supporters" when we are winning, or when it suits them to be one of the chosen.

Being a "Bluenose" is more than going to watch a game of football every week, sitting there with a scarf around your neck,or wearing a replica shirt, with no passion involved.

It's about being Loyal and supportive to a Cause...An Institution...An invisible presence that sweeps us up and carries us through our life, from the first moment we walk beyond those hallowed walls, until the day we die.

To the older members who have supported our Teams through dark days and glory days for more years than they can remember, and who inspired me to write the poem, I salute you for being part of the History that is Rangers FC.

To the younger supporters who possibly haven't seen the darker days,always be proud of being a "Bluenose" and become part of that History.

I have asked Canadaready to have my winning prizemoney of £25 be donated to the

Prostate Cancer Foundation, which is something that has,or will affect each and every one of us that uses this forum.

No Surrender!

Thank you to Canadaready for selecting my submission in the "I'm a Bluenose" contest as the winning entry.

There were some great entries in there, with every one of them (except the last entry) worthy of being selected as the winner.

My entry was written as a tribute to all the people from here who really ARE 'Bluenoses" and support our great club through thick and thin...NOT! just be "Rangers supporters" when we are winning, or when it suits them to be one of the chosen.

Being a "Bluenose" is more than going to watch a game of football every week, sitting there with a scarf around your neck,or wearing a replica shirt, with no passion involved.

It's about being Loyal and supportive to a Cause...An Institution...An invisible presence that sweeps us up and carries us through our life, from the first moment we walk beyond those hallowed walls, until the day we die.

To the older members who have supported our Teams through dark days and glory days for more years than they can remember, and who inspired me to write the poem, I salute you for being part of the History that is Rangers FC.

To the younger supporters who possibly haven't seen the darker days,always be proud of being a "Bluenose" and become part of that History.

I have asked Canadaready to have my winning prizemoney of £25 donated to the

Prostate Cancer Foundation, which is something that has,or will affect each and every one of us that uses this forum.

No Surrender!

Lovely gesture OZ.

I have asked Canadaready to have my winning prizemoney of £25 be donated to the

No Surrender!

Congratulations to a True Bluenose. A worthy winner and a terrific gesture.

Some man Oz! Brilliant winning entry, fully deserved the prize money (tu) Fantastic gesture by donating it to charity.

So proud of OZ who is a great Rangers man, and both of us have followed our club for a long time. We have both been through the highs and lows, and when our time comes to leave this world, we will both leave as true blues to join our other Absent Bears and will still be cheering from high above.

Lovely gesture OZ.

I think most on here would do the same thing,minstral...I know you would! (tu)

Maybe post up your winning entry Oz, for those who might have missed it ;)

Maybe post up your winning entry Oz, for those who might have missed it ;)

I don't know if I kept a copy or not,Deccy...and I'm not sure whether Canadaready has scrubbed the thread of it, but I'll see what i can do.

I can just imagine tims lurking on here and reporting back that " It's ok they're aw dying by ra way" :lol:

Good on you OZ brilliant gesture.

I can just imagine tims lurking on here and reporting back that " It's ok they're aw dying by ra way" :lol:

Good on you OZ brilliant gesture.

Aye Declan,Eric is oan the baw here (tu)...We're aw getting fitted fur the widden box as I speak, so we ur. :craphead:

Aye Declan,Eric is oan the baw here (tu)...We're aw getting fitted fur the widden box as I speak, so we ur. :craphead:

:lol:

Thanks to all that commented about this.

BTW! I'm still trying to find a copy of it,Deccy. If I find it, I'll send you an email with it.

Good man Oz.

This thread justifies your win in the first place. (tu)

Thanks to all that commented about this.

BTW! I'm still trying to find a copy of it,Deccy. If I find it, I'll send you an email with it.

No problem Oz ;)

No problem Oz ;)

Funnily enough, I have just noticed that RM have ran a thread with the poem on it.

AND I get the honour of having big Lee legend's picture accompanying the story. :rolleyes::lol::pipe:

Funnily enough, I have just noticed that RM have ran a thread with the poem on it.

AND I get the honour of having big Lee legend's picture accompanying the story. :rolleyes::lol::pipe:

Well your a lucky fella! Big Lee has obviously taken time out from his injury recovery, to send a photo for your winning entry :rolleyes:

Anyway, fully deserved Oz (tu)

We are the people.

Well your a lucky fella! Big Lee has obviously taken time out from his injury recovery, to send a photo for your winning entry :rolleyes:

Anyway, fully deserved Oz (tu)

We are the people.

I think as soon as big Lee reads that, he will be so pumped up, he will make an instant recovery and be back for the cup final! :lol:

The power of the pen is amazing. :craphead:

Oz great gesture mate.

One of the best posters on this site.

I hope your battle is also won :praise: