The pointer back yesterday from the bench...

Boab

Happy or not?

I'd say not and yes, I'm talking about the Mr McCulloch return from the bench in what reminded me of Barry's return in his last season, a player we don't need and forced into the bench and on the pitch due to experience. This time, Edu being on shite form but then what about Ness/Hutton? Especially at several goals up, I'd rather have Hutton get the experience on Saturday. Arrange a closed doors game for Lee IMO if 'we' have to.

And that cheer when McCulloch, absence really does make the heart grow fonder. Baffling.

As from now on, I still think I'd rather have Hutton with Davis as Hutton isn't as clumsy and I'd imagine lots of you would want McCulloch 'as we have a Championship to win this week' which is fair enough as he's probably be slightly better than Edu - although that's not saying much - but I'd still like LM/ME both sold in summer though that won't happen.

Edu was much improved yesterday, as he was against Motherwell. Next season, I would only want to see McCulloch if we had no other options. Sadly, he'll be a regular, and if Weir leaves, club captain. :disappointment:

Edu was much improved yesterday, as he was against Motherwell. Next season, I would only want to see McCulloch if we had no other options. Sadly, he'll be a regular, and if Weir leaves, club captain. :disappointment:

I agree, Edu actually won the back after losing it.

Regarding the cheer he received, what do you expect? Do you want people to boo him?

He's a Rangers player, a die-hard bluenose at that. Yeah, he's had some pretty poor performances but he also gives his all in every game for the jersey. He merited that welcoming back.

I love big Lee, he gives us a bit of grit in midfield, which we've been missing recently tbh.

Sort of agree with you on the Hutton/Ness front though, for all the weakness we have everywhere else on the park we have a bit of a selection dilemma in center mid.

i like big lee and always have, shame the abuse he gets at times, i would rather have his experience to rely on if needed, he is poss a blast for morale and the dressing room, more to lee than just world class craft and ability

Edu was great. When he lost the ball, instead of waving his arms about he pressed and pressed until he got it back. His tackling was superb, and overall had a really good game. Unfortunately for him, Jig is back and will go straight into the XI.

We must keep the same team, Mcculloch is a good option in certain situations.

I'm a big fan of Hutton, but I have to say he's been every bit a clumsy in the tackle as Mcculloch on several occasions.

You can only judge on how they perform and I thought Mcculloch never put a foot wrong when he came on, not only that the lad obua was winning a lot on the air and never got a look in after Mcculloch came on.

I was a fierce critic of big Lee before his lay off - carrying the injury had badly affected his (limited) ability but you can't fault his effort.

Mcculloch should stay on the bench as Edu has done enough the last two games to justify his existence - if he's back to the shite again the Mcculloch is a good replacement from the bench.

Despite my thoughts that Hutton could go on to be a good player for us, at this stage of the season I'd take mccullochs drive and passion if we needed something from the bench

IMO JIg should start in place of Edu,it shows you how bad Edu's been when we are praising him for tracking back and winning a ball HE lost,surely this is the very least he should be doing a recent upturn in performances seem to have papered over the cracks for some.I for one would far rather have McCulloch scrapping for every ball in midfield than Edu,there's a league championship to be won can we really put our trust in Edu?I know where I would rather put mine

I cant remember a game where McCulloch has ever let us down!

Hes not the best footballer but he gives us a bit of dig and presence in the midfield that we have badly missed imo and his passing is pretty good as well.

I watched him at on point follow the ball to Diouf, shout for it a good 2-3 times took a touch and pinged the ball 40-50 yards diagonal onto Whittakers boot was class. He spotted the switch was on, got the ball and played it to a T.

In the long term you would rather Hutton or Ness get the game time but McCulloch is a big player for us and i think that if everyone was fit, him and Davis would be our starting CM's although i much prefer Davis on the right but that discussion is for another day.