Is Murray Park no longer a red herring?

Boab

Sinclair's thrilled with the success of the Murray Park production line.

He added: "I'm very hopeful that the seasons ahead will be a combination of acquisitions by the manager and support from the youth department.

"I think we are past the point where Murray Park is being dubbed a red herring which is not functioning properly."

http://www.thescotti...l#ixzz1Ms4J77gq

Jamie Ness, Kyle Hutton, Gregg Wylde, Fleck not proven but Hutton, Wilson before them?

Is our youth development something to now be proud of?

I think Murray Park is beginning to produce a higher quality of youth player on a regular basis than it has in recent years. We've had six youth players make appearances this season. I know finances have dictated that to a certain extent but there's no denying that the younger ones who have made the push can hold their own and play to our level. They just have to perform on a consistant basis but that comes with maturity and age.

its a training facility for the first team.......then a place to nurture the youth players so its never been a wet mackerel

agree 100%, why anyone has thought it a top class youth academy only is beyond me

its a top notch training facility, as a youth academy it pales into comparison to many many of the english ones (tu)

so for bringing through what it has done i would say it was money well spent, 14million quid for the training facility alone was worth it

agree 100%, why anyone has thought it a top class youth academy only is beyond me

its a top notch training facility, as a youth academy it pales into comparison to many many of the english ones (tu)

so for bringing through what it has done i would say it was money well spent, 14million quid for the training facility alone was worth it

I didn't call it a youth academy, I was careful there. I mentioned our youth development.

Apparently Ness, Wylde, Hutton and Darren Cole were all singings by George Adams,the old head of youth and the lads that Sinclair has brought in are just big strong lads who are not good footballers? All though, it was a guy who's son got released from Rangers told me that.

It's too soon to "project" that we are starting to see the "results" of our youth developmetn just because a few of them are on the fringes of the first team squad.

Five/six years ago everybody thought guys like McGregor, Hutton, Adam, Smith, MacKenzie, Leven, McCormack, Burke & Lennon would make up the back bone of the Rangers team for years to come.

How many of them actually made it with us? McGregor, Hutton and maybe Adam and Burke at a push.

even for youth development, what were people expecting, it was only completed what, 10 years ago

its not like better youth facilities immediately make all the poorly trained youngsters into world class stars

a few people claimed it may take another generation effectively before the superior facilities take effect with the youngsters, and these few people were laughed at

It's too soon to "project" that we are starting to see the "results" of our youth developmetn just because a few of them are on the fringes of the first team squad.

Five/six years ago everybody thought guys like McGregor, Hutton, Adam, Smith, MacKenzie, Leven, McCormack, Burke & Lennon would make up the back bone of the Rangers team for years to come.

How many of them actually made it with us? McGregor, Hutton and maybe Adam and Burke at a push.

my fear is that because of scotlands piss poor social structure it will never bear fruit as it potentially could

my fear is that because of scotlands piss poor social structure it will never bear fruit as it potentially could

Scotland's social structure is always going to prevcent talents from reaching their full potential :(

I knwo people say it's myth, but the footballing mentality also needs to change. This week alone both Jamie Murphy and one of theose Paixio twins have criticised aspects of the footballing mentality up here.

Paixio said it's too kick and rush, with too much emphasis on physical development and Jamie Murphy mentioned how people said he was "too small" to make it in an interview with Sky.

Apart from our own youth players that we have developed, its a cracking training facility that seems to have eradicated our knee injuries that we were plagued with a few years ago. Also it lets us offer the facility to any of celtics opponents, a crackin way to wind up the tims!

:sherlock:

Apart from our own youth players that we have developed, its a cracking training facility that seems to have eradicated our knee injuries that we were plagued with a few years ago. Also it lets us offer the facility to any of celtics opponents, a crackin way to wind up the tims!

:sherlock:

Beasley - PCL injury

Thomson - ACL injury

Naismith - ACL injury

Edu - medial ligament injury

We've not really been cleared of knee troubles :lol:

To be fair, you have just listed £20 million worth of talent right there........

Something must have been working well.

None of the current crop of youngsters would be anywhere near the first team squad if we had any sort of transfer budget for the last couple of seasons.

However players like hutton, mcgregor and adam seem to have done alright! Like many have said previously though, its a training ground. And our youth development is knickers compared with most premiership sides.