Levein being a cock again

Boab

In your opinion.....

If youth development is doing well I'm sure Levein will praise it :rolleyes:

It seems that no matter what Levein does, you will criticise him Infact Boab, I'm willing to bet that you will never give any Scotland manager your full backing. You seem to pick a vendetta and bleed it to death no matter who's in charge.

Yes, in my opinion. 'Its all about opinions' as Jim Delacunt says before I get fed up and turn to Galaxy!

Who else have I criticised so harshly? And I think 'flair is a risk' before bloody Liechtenstein is something I won't forget from him saying and post match on the Friday after the Czechs 'At 0-0, I was never going to take a chance'. I'm not asking for Jimmy Calderwood but a better balance between attack and defence, that too much to ask? (Not necessarily to you but generally)

He's also never won anything as a Manager, so perhaps the nickname 'Loser Levein' would be more appropriate.

Was probably close enough.

I don't mind a few players qualifying this way. But the sfa needs to focus on youth development and try bringing players through that way rather than looking abroad for people who qualify.

I think they are trying to do both but dont want to/cant wait on the kids coming through and are looking for fixes right now.

(tu)

You should have to have at least one parent from the country you intend to play for and you should have self-identified as that nationality your whole life. None of this "my grandmother was Scottish and I'd rather play for England but I'm not good enough so I'll settle for Scotland" bollocks that means we have to watch our good Gers men playing alongside Kris Fucking Commons.

With right-backs for example, I'll take Mark Wilson, Kirk Broadfoot or of course Steven Whittaker among others to be back-up to Alan Hutton than Phil 'I'm English' (he said it, not me) Bardsley before a year or so later playing for Scotland.

Why should other nations get away with this and not Scotland? I'd rather we had proper Scots in our team who had learned the game here but until we sort out the game at grassroots we'll never succeed with the donkey's were bringing through.

No nation should get away with it, and the problem is that for as long as Scotland decides the way forward is to call up these English lads from the championship, the more actually sorting out Scottish football will get put off indefinitely.

With right-backs for example, I'll take Mark Wilson, Kirk Broadfoot or of course Steven Whittaker among others to be back-up to Alan Hutton than Phil 'I'm English' (he said it, not me) Bardsley before a year or so later playing for Scotland.

The commentator today during the Man Utd v Blackpool match said Matt Gilks was likely to start the next Scotland game. Why on earth would that be? When Shagger is Scottish and about 1000 times the keeper he is? Hope it was a mistake. Or that Shagger is still out on the lash after the Killie game and can't be contacted.

The commentator today during the Man Utd v Blackpool match said Matt Gilks was likely to start the next Scotland game. Why on earth would that be? When Shagger is Scottish and about 1000 times the keeper he is? Hope it was a mistake. Or that Shagger is still out on the lash after the Killie game and can't be contacted.

more to the point, how the hell does an English commentator know what the Scottish line up will be for a game in the future?

more to the point, how the hell does an English commentator know what the Scottish line up will be for a game in the future?

Well you know what Levein's like, he'll probably tell anybody anything just to get them to treat him like he's important.

:lol: True.

When Steven Fletcher asked not to be considered for selection by text message I thought it was pretty disrespectful but it also got me thinking what kind of man Levein must be like on a personal level to command so little respect from his players.

No nation should get away with it, and the problem is that for as long as Scotland decides the way forward is to call up these English lads from the championship, the more actually sorting out Scottish football will get put off indefinitely.

We need to improve our FIFA standings and qualify for a competition, if we find some "Ersatz Jocks" in order to do so then i'd happily take them. I agree however automatically chosing an English based player is a foolish thing to do.

When Steven Fletcher asked not to be considered for selection by text message I thought it was pretty disrespectful but it also got me thinking what kind of man Levein must be like on a personal level to command so little respect from his players.

I know what you mean mate. (tu)

Levein is a joke. His tactics against the Czech were shocking ! PLaying with no decent striker in a crucial qualifying match... :anguish:

I agree that he's become an arrogant prick, but he is doing one thing properly imo : bringing young players. He has called up Danny Wilson, Goodwillie, Hanley, James Forrest, Bannan,...

McLeish should get the Scotland hotseat back imo. He was fantastic (tu)

Boab, your wee vendetta against Levein is getting really tiresome. Almost every National team does this, look at Germany, most of them are Turkish, Polish, Brazilian or Dutch. Don't see you moaning about them.