Obscure Rangers players from the past

MisterC

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was it the game v Dortmund we loaned Mhyre for.

Mhyre only played 6 games for us and in that time we were knocked out of the League Cup by Aberdeen, Uefa Cup by Dortmund, and lost at home to Dundee in the league

Pish

Mhyre only played 6 games for us and in that time we were knocked out of the League Cup by Aberdeen, Uefa Cup by Dortmund, and lost at home to Dundee in the league

Pish

Dortmund was hardly his fault. Neil McCann missed an absolute sitter in Extra Time, plus Myhre saved a penalty in the shoot-out.

Dortmund was hardly his fault. Neil McCann missed an absolute sitter in Extra Time, plus Myhre saved a penalty in the shoot-out.

Let a last minute Shooter McGavin Gavin Rae side foot through his legs against Dundee (td)

Anyone else mind when we got Fraser Wishart on a free as a stop-gap and he played amazing for about 6 weeks then faded off into obscurity again?

Yeah, I remember he almost scored against the tims in the League Cup at Ibrox. Skimmed the bar with a class shot-cum-chip over Marshall.

Paul Rideout as well, the 'Mark Hateley replacement'.

Rideout only spent about half a season with us to my recollection. Played pretty well. I remember last game of 91 -92 season at Aberdeen, he played centre half and was outstanding. Coisty scored two fabulous goals that day (2 nil win) which took the headlines away from Rideout's performance.

What about Emerson and Djordjic. Both were obscure when playing. Emerson at least scored the goal in our draw away at Panathinaikos but that was it.

Rideout only spent about half a season with us to my recollection. Played pretty well. I remember last game of 91 -92 season at Aberdeen, he played centre half and was outstanding. Coisty scored two fabulous goals that day (2 nil win) which took the headlines away from Rideout's performance.

What about Emerson and Djordjic. Both were obscure when playing. Emerson at least scored the goal in our draw away at Panathinaikos but that was it.

Yeah, I think Rideout was a loan signing because Hateley was injured, all the press were saying he was to be a 'Hateley replacement' but he only scored 1 goal. Although, as you say, he played pretty well.

This is a very depressing topic. I had (thankfully) forgotten most of the dross players we had signed in past seasons. It must be one of these "safety valve" things where your mind tries to blank out unhappy memories!!!! Seriously though, it has brought more than one wry grin and shake of the head from me when I see some of the names cropping up here. If we had every penny back we spent just on the failures we would be one of the richest clubs in Britain. At least I can take heart from knowing that the dregs of society at the San Giro have wasted a lot more.